Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris

Go down

Paris Empty Paris

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:09 pm

The portal shears through the black of night, opening to an alley. At the end of the alley, a bridge over the Seine can be seen, and the lights of the city. It's apparent John Dee's scouted the city.

After a walk along the river, West guides them towards the Eiffel Tower, until it's fully visible. He reaches out patterning threads, subtlety dimming the ambient light around them to highlight the tower.

West looks up at it. "There's a rumor that Gustav Eiffel was an Acanthus," he says to Ankh, "and this was his vision of the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn." He gives her a shrug and a grin, "I don't know if that's bullshit or not, but I've always wanted to see it."

Paris Westbannerblue

Back to top Go down

Paris Empty Re: Paris

Post by West Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:15 pm

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh sighs, shaking her head. "Of course he was an Acanthus." Sge gazes at the structure, wondering what it was that caused the artist to have such inspiration. What was the real story behind it?

"Can't you just go back in time and find out?" She asks, turning her attention back to West.

Paris Ankhbanner2
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:50 pm

"Why?" he asked, still looking upwards. "Knowing or not knowing, it doesn't make it any more or less. I'm sure someone knows, if you really wanted to find out."

Turning towards her, his brow furrowed. "Besides, I already know that's not what I saw..." He smiled and added, "But, yeah, I'd like to think the stories are true, too."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh shrugs. "It makes it much less magnificent to think it was done by a mage to me. So, why are we here anyway West?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:10 pm

"I'm sorry, I thought...," he started to say, surprised that they had such different opinions and that he totally misunderstood her.

Then again, she's probably never seen the Temenos.

"I thought it would be nice way to spend your birthday," he segued lamely, then added, "Belatedly."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:15 pm

Ankh smiles brightly. "Really? Oh! I thought this was a business trip." She looks around, seeming much happier now that she knows this is strictly for pleasure, no business involved.

"Well then, in that case, I want to go to a cafe first. I hear the coffee here is to die for. Then I want to go shopping because no one can even begin to match the styles of Paris. Then, I want to catch a show at the theater. I've heard the shows here are wonderful. And I am sure I will have more on the list once we've done all that."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:56 pm

~~Narration~~

And so a young woman, with her slightly older companion --perfectly normal in Paris-- proceeded to spend the evening attacking the city's offerings with a vengeance.

Sometime in the wee hours, with her indefatigable store of energy nearly exhausted (and likewise his similarly deep well of patience), they found the Waldorf-Astoria of Paris -- whereupon they then discovered that she wasn't that tired, and he wasn't that irritated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum