Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running like the Wind

+3
Soirgriffe
Lexi
Aeolus
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Running like the Wind Empty Running like the Wind

Post by Aeolus Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 am

At first Joshua didn't even recognize the change of scenery - instead of running through the Hedge's brambles, ignoring the tearing and ripping, he ran through the streets of Sacramento. He didn't stop running, however. Running seemed to be his second nature and he had to force his legs to stop moving.

Taking a few deep breaths, he looked back; his escape seemed blurry, like the memory of a nightmare he had. Did he do it? He couldn't tell how he got through the thorny maze mostly unharmed, but he couldn't keep on running for now either - the adrenaline rush that pushed him that far subsided and he leaned against some wall, trembling. Staring at the direction he came from, he slid down and finally sat on the street. His legs were shaking fiercely now and he burst out in silent tears of relief and exhaustion.
After several minutes his tears have dried and he felt enough strenght to carry on, to at least get out of plain sight. Besides, he wanted to look for the coffee-shop where the girl worked; he guessed he owed him that much.
Carefully he tried to make out where exactly he was and which direction he had to take, always ready to run away if something didn't seem right; his legs were tired and his feet hurt, but he wouldn't go back there. Ever.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Running like the Wind Empty Re: Running like the Wind

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:43 am

~Narration~

You see a street sign that says 16th & Q, and across the street is a small park, full of children and their parents. A parking structure lies behind you, and down the street are a few run down warehouse buildings.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:03 am

Seeing that people probably meant safety, Joshua headed to the park and then towards the direction, which (to his knowledge) lead his old "home".
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:16 pm

~Narration~

As you walk through the park, you see what looks like a film crew taking down a set, and a very strange, dark woman sitting in a director's chair near the edge of the set, wearing an almost medieval dress and an unnatural fog settled around her.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:12 pm

Upon seeing the fog around the strange woman, Joshua's stomach cramped - sure, he is not the sharpest tool in the box, but if he had the chance to flee there were probably others, who escaped from the Weatherman's realm.

Uncertainness and fear gnawed on his nerves. What if she worked for Him? Would she even listen to what he has to say or would she be scared by him? Joshua just had to look at his arms to see that he wasn't entirely human anymore.
But on the other hand, this place, although recognizable enough for him to be sure that it was Sacramento, changed while he was gone - he didn't even know how long he had been gone, so he could well need some help.
His hands were ripping away small bits of skin - clouds - almost mechanically as he stood there thinking. In the end, his optimism helped to bring a decision: if something went wrong he probably could get help from the people in the park, so he could dare to talk to the woman.
Slowly he approached her.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Tiffany turns her head slightly, and it becomes much more obvious as you approach that she's not of the normal variety. "Good afternoon. Anything I can help you with?" She pushes the hair from her face and leans back in the chair, not looking directly at you just yet.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:12 am

"Uh.. yeah. I - I was kinda hoping you could tell me what time it is." he muttered. Hesitantly he added "And what date. " He was looking at her in a hopeful way.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:27 pm

"Well, it's April, in the year 2009. Right now it's about three in the afternoon...early finish for my show, thank goodness."

She smiled at the poor kid, and stood up, forcing the fog around her to subside for a few minutes at least.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:56 pm

April 2009? It's been pretty long and Joshua's astonishment was pretty obvious. A wave of disorientation nearly overwhelmed him - what if she didn't work there anymore or worse, what if the coffee-shop didn't exist anymore? He had nowhere to go to, no aim. The stupid thought that his escape was probably in vain crossed his mind, but he ditched it again; he had his freedom back, afterall. Yet..
I'm.. could you please help me? I'm looking for a place called..
That was odd. He couldn't remember the name. He just knew what it looked like inside and that a small silver bell rang, when one entered. Suddenly his legs gave in again and he had to sit down. He looked her in the eyes.
Help me.. please.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:14 pm

Tiffany holds out her hand, and waits for him to take it. "What sort of place are you looking for?" She smiles and pulls him up when he takes the hand, "Perhaps I can take you there after I've changed."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:00 am

He grabbed her hand like a drowning person grabs a piece of driftwood and got shakingly back on his feet. "I'm sorry, I mean thank you it's just that I'm looking for this coffee shop I used to hang out and since I've been gone everything changed so much or I can't remember it properly, you know?
He went trough the possibilities in his head: either she experienced something like him and can sympathize(she certainly didn't look human) or she thinks he's crazy (she didn't look like him).
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:34 pm

Tiffany smiles, "Well, let's do this then. Wait here in the seat..I'll get my assistant to get you some water. Then after I change, we'll go see about finding this coffee shop." She knew how important reality was at times..and he didn't look like he was going to run off at the mouth.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:03 pm

He looked at her with gratitude. That'd be great, thank you. He sat down in the chair and waited, while he ripped away small parts of skin from his fingers.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:35 pm

~Narration~

Tiffany makes her way to the trailer after speaking to a young woman, who looks quite normal. She then walks off for a few moments and comes back with a bottle of water, smiling at Joshua. "Can I get you anything else sir?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:22 am

He forced himself to smile and took the bottle. "No, thank you." He actually didn't feel thirsty but he was polite enough to take a few sips of water.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:13 am

After about five or ten minutes, Tiffany makes her way back, dressed in a long skirt and peasant blouse. "Alright, dear...now do you remember the area you need to find?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 pm

When she came back he just looked at her stunned, as if he hadn't noticed how pretty she was until now. Then a thin layer of fog covered his eyes, as he closed them to think about where this damn coffee shop was. I.. I think it was downtown, near a park; does that ring a bell? Huh, ring a bell. That would have made him smile if he didn't just go through hell.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Tiffany slides her arm around his shoulder, "Come on then. We aren't far from downtown right now. I know a few coffee shops, let's go walking."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:28 am

He gave her a grateful look and stood up. "Yeah, okay. Thank you."
He made the decision to ask her about a couple of things concerning his new life; maybe starting with her name.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:15 pm

~Narration~

Tiffany walks you out of the park and down into the downtown area. The place is packed at this time of day, but there are at least three coffee shops, and she stops at each one, asking if anything looks familiar.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:23 pm

Silas hadn't bothered to wait for the other woman and had instead visited a Coffee Shop, which he was walking out of now.
He spotted the one he'd come to know as 'Mother Goose' and the new nervous looking man that had appeared to be trailing with her. He walked over towards the two.
"For a mother, you seem to have frieghtend the wits from him, haven't you?" He had placed his plastic smile on his face.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:42 pm

Tiffany looks at Silas, and remembers the face quite well. "For a child, you certainly seem to be wearing your man suit well today." She shrugs, and continues waiting for an answer from Joshua.

"Perhaps you should learn to think before you leap, he's...fresh."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:44 pm

"Fresh..." Silas muttered under his breath, "Is it just me, or are they getting more and more common?" And he looks sorta Asian, Silas thought.
Asians were on the good list. Unlike the French.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 am

He didn't have the guts to talk to her the whole walk. Especially since the first two coffee shops didn't look familiar at all - had he forgotten them or where they new? The clouds that were his body shifted quicker and became darker as his mood darkened with every unknown shop and he was only able to shake his head wearily each time Tiffany asked.

As they walked to the third one and Silas exited the shop, Joshua heard it again - the silver bell. He ignored the other's conversation at first and just rushed to a window to look inside: yes, although the interior had slightly changed he recognized most of it - the somewhat excentric ceiling lamps, the chairs and tables made from fake mahogany and the sales clerk's clothes. The one he was looking for wasn't there, though. Joshua did his best to fight back his tears, but lost; he turned to the other two.
"I - this is it but.. she's not there. I don't know what I expected it's just that.." he gave them a pleading look while he looked for the right words "It's just that I don't have anything left here, I mean I wanted to finally ask her out and now what?" In his confused state he rather clinged to the familiar - Tifanny - and looked at her.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:42 am

Silas thought to himself for a while. This man was obviously just out of the hedge. So a simple question would do.
"What's the last date you remember, except this one?" Silas asked, crossing his arms. The man was obviously looking for someone, and they could always ask questions. And if that didn't work? Well, can always ask questions more...louder.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 pm

Joshua looked at the man. What was the last date he remembered?
"I think it was the september of 2002 when I was here the last time... but I don't think I was more than 6 years... over there."
He started picking at his fingers again, little clouds drifting into thin air. "That's impossible, isn't it?"
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Silas walked over towards the man. Inspecting his little cloudy demeanour.
"Tell me, you've been like, in a dream since then. Things that can't possibly exist and you saw them, right?"
Silas smiled his plastic smile once more.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 pm

"Yeah.." Although he did seem to have sympathy, the smile creeped Joshua out. It was unfair to think this way, since Silas seemed honestly trying to help, but he couldn't help it.
Hesitantly he added "So did you, didn't you?" then he pointed to Tiffany "And you, right?"
He wasn't a singular case, that was both, relieving and scaring.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:34 pm

"Kinda, but now you have to twist it around a bit and realise that it was real." Silas smiled and held up a hand, "I had similar experiances, and my name is Silas." He took hold of this plastic smile, wanting to watch how the man would take it.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Now Joshua was smiling too; maybe he wasn't completely alone after all. "I'm Joshua." he said, while taking Silas' hand, first tentatively, then more confident and firm.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:05 pm

This new one seemed to take it well, that amused Silas somewhat.
"So, you said you were going to ask some girl out, could be interesting, how about we find her" He winked at Tiffany, "What do you think?"
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confessor Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:38 am

From the back of the coffee shop a towering giant of a creature watched the Lost gather and try to help the fresh Changeling. He smirked to himself, taking a deep gulp from his still steaming mug. He swallowed the entire thing in one shot before raising his fingers to his chin and stroking the thin black hairs that came to a point.

He was massive, over eight-feet tall, and by all the world's mythology would be regarded as some kind of demon or devil. Huge, curling red horns rose from his forehead and his flesh was the color of fire. His muscles rippled inhumanly beneath a loose, gray long coat. His eyes were a cool blue, flickering with the soft touch flame and his teeth were jagged and sharp. Despite his fearsome appearance, he looked weary and browbeaten, like someone who had spent a great many hours of the day in endless toil for meager pay and only remained standing by the strength of his pride.

"Poor bastard," he muttered to himself as he yelled for the waitress to bring him another cup.
The Confessor
The Confessor

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:17 am

Brandon left Mulligan's after another stop in there; just checking to see how the store was doing, today, rather than talking shop with fight fans. A coffee would be nice, he thinks, and searches for a shop.
And he finds one, and more besides--a knot of Lost outside. One of them was the Vizier, which made him a little antsy... but he didn't know the other two, and networking was very important. Couldn't afford not to know the Fae he was sharing the city with.
"Good afternoon, everyone," he says, pleasantly enough, as he walks up. Please don't turn me into a bunny, he thinks very hard in Tiffany's direction.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:43 am

Joshua flinched as the other changeling came - this was going a tad too fast for him: from the loneliness that was the endless running of his durance to the seeminly talkative community of all those strange people he now belonged to. Seeking help, he looked to Tifanny, who had remained somewhat silent the last few minutes and then to Silas. He probably had to get used to talking to people again. "Uh.. hi."
Oh, what an eloquent lad he was.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Tiffany steps away for a moment, answering a strange looking phone, and returns after a quick conversation. "Well, hello there, Brandon." She smiles at the newcomer, and crosses her arms, wondering who invited the party.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Silas straighted himself up and looked at the newcomer, looking him up and down and he fixed his smile back into place.
"Good day" He said politely and turned his attention back to Joshua.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:16 am

Brandon sees Joshua's flinch and Tiffany's crossed arms, and after a moment he puts some pieces together.
"Ah. Right. If you'll pardon me, I'm just going to get some joe--" He passes the threesome, taking just a second to pat Joshua on the shoulder. "You'll be okay, kid, promise." The little bell rings as Brandon opens the door, and he slips inside.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confessor Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

The waitress brought Firestone a second cup of coffee, cutting him a dirty look as he stood up and tossed a few dollars onto the table while she poured him a fresh cup. He gave her a smirk and a nod, [red]"Thanks for the joe."[/red]

The spastic newcomer was finally too much to ignore and he lumbered over the commotion as if he were some kind of rubber necking bystander who happened upon an accident. Looking at Joshua with a kind of detached curiousity, he raised any eyebrow before casting a slightly confused glance at the other gathered Lost.

[Red]"What's his problem?"[/red]
The Confessor
The Confessor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:54 am

Joshau gave Brandon a weak smile as he patted him on the shoulder. Seems he had to live off the kindness of strangers for now. The little bell seemed to place special emphasis on Brandon's words, but Joshua ditched this ridiculous thought; yet maybe it wasn't so ridiculous after all.

His train of thought, which was still going far too fast for his tastes, was stopped by yet another person, this time a somewhat less friendly one. What was his problem? Well, for starters, he just escaped a nightmare to get to a Sacramento he didn't know anymore, without anyone to turn to. But he didn't say that; he just looked down at the pavement. "I'm kinda lost." he muttered, before looking at Tiffany and Silas; he wasn't sure how much time they had left to waste to help him, but finding the girl should be impossible and he doesn't know where else to go, so he just waited for them to make a decision, fearing they would just leave him here because they had something better to do.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confessor Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 am

Firestone let out a single, almost sarcastic chuckle. "Yeah, welcome to the club, kid. Bad news is that generally speakin' it doesn't get much better. Good news is, you ain't gotta go it alone."

"Now, what do you remember from before those bastards on the other side of the Hedge scrabbled your past, present and future into cheap party mix?"
The Confessor
The Confessor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:28 am

He turned his head towards the red Giant and looked him in the eyes. He wanted to say something, maybe something clever or witty, but closed his mouth again. After a second or two he opened it again. "Not much, really. A bit about the streets around here, some old faces of friends; my strongest memory was this coffee-shop. You know, the bell.." He stopped. That sounded silly: a bell was his strongest memory of what he once called home?
Yet, that's just how it is.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confessor Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:37 am

The great red giant nodded, a touch of sympathy in his eyes. "Let's start with the basics. What's your name? Your full name, if you can remember."
The Confessor
The Confessor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:10 am

"It's Joshua." He frowned one moment, then smiled slightly. "Joshua Freemantle."
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:50 pm

The silver bell jangles again, this time letting in Kyle. He looks normal (as normal as anybody with the head of a coyote on a human body can look at least), except for the cardboard Burger King crown perched jauntily on his head and the bag of food he's holding. He heads straight for the group of changelings, and he hands the bag to the only person he doesn't recognize. There's maybe six whoppers sitting in the bag.

"What? I'm always hungry after a long trip."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confessor Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm

He offers Joshua a brotherly smile, clasping him on the shoulder with his massive red hands. "Well, already you're doing better than me, Joshua Freemantle. They call me Firestone."

He squeezed his shoulder reassuringly, "Look, Josh, things are gonna get confusing for you now that you're back. But," he looks to the other changelings present, "I think it would be safest for everyone involved if we get you back to the Four Seasons."
The Confessor
The Confessor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:45 pm

"Uhm.." Truth was, Joshua wasn't really hungry. Nevertheless he took out one Whopper and bit off a piece. "Thank you.." The coyote-headed guy just radiated light heartedness and Joshua envied and admired him. He put the burger back in the bag, as Firestone started talking again. Upon hearing the giant's name he smiled at him - seems like solidarity is something taken seriously here.

"But I think it would be safest for everyone involved if we get you back to the Four Seasons."

Save? Joshua thought for a bit; he escaped, didn't he? The thought that the Weatherman might come to recollect him never occured to him, but now that it had been mentioned he felt stupid for not thinking of it. Involuntarily he flinched at the thought and looked around. They surely will be mad at him for endangering them.
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:35 pm

"Eh, some are hungrier than others right now, and they'll keep in a fridge for a few days. I'm Kyle Franesco by the way, bringing the entirely unofficial but nevertheless sincere greetings from everyone that's in the same boat as you." Kyle extends his hand and shakes vigorously if taken up on the offer. "Now, not to sweep you under the rug or anything, but I actually have semi-kinda-almost-official business with Ms Lysander here. Madam, could we abscond to someplace ever-so-slightly more private?" He beams at the Vizier.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Tiffany looks at the other two, "Think you can take him to see Rumiko? She's the one in charge now, after all." and then nods at Kyle "In a moment."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by The Confessor Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:46 am

Firestone nodded to Tiffany, then turned to Joshua and tried to offer him a comforting smile. "What do you say, Joshua Freemantle? How about we get you fitted for a new life?"

He kept repeating his name back to the new Lost, hoping this might help bring something - anything, back to his psyche. Never mind things like Keepers, Entitlements, or Courts. Politics were never a huge deal to Firestone to begin with, but when it came to saving someone's soul he'd cast them aside without a second thought.
The Confessor
The Confessor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:32 pm

"I'm sure it shouldn't be too much trouble" Silas fixed his smile once more and also started to fixate over the neatness of his clothing. He was going to voice anything about the woman in power. He may have politically 'sexist' views, but he wasn't suicidal.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next