Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Unsaid, Again

Go down

The Unsaid, Again Empty The Unsaid, Again

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:53 am

After leaving the meeting, Asa drove home, mind filled with thoughts and questions. A mysterious meeting, full of surprises, and an unexpected ascension. There had been many significant nights, the evening he and Ishani had discussed Covenants, the confrontation with Gabriel Marcus, the night of the murders. Now this.

And the night wasn't over.

Excusing Olivette for the night, he made his way down the elevator to their Haven, and tossed his things on the dining room table. He glanced at the cabinet that held souvenirs; a piece of blue glass, an old rifle, a button from a white dress, a vial of sand, a glass rose, and a brass key. There was nothing from tonight to add to it -- but he doubted he would need anything to jog his memory in later years.

Asa walked into the main room, and looked at the painting on the wall while he waited for Ishani to arrive.

The Unsaid, Again Asabanner

Back to top Go down

The Unsaid, Again Empty Re: The Unsaid, Again

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:01 am

Ishani came into the appartment and dropped her keys on the table. She went into the bedroom without a word and changed. She came out a few minutes later, wearing another jammie set and sat down on the couch, watching Asa. She knew he was probably upset about the meeting, but he had won anyway, which she wasn't overly happy about, so she guessed her vote didn't matter much.

She waited quietly for him to speak, wondering if he was upset enough to walk away from her. She wasn't sure how she would feel about that, or if she would feel anything just yet. The massive shocks to her psychie of late had her pretty numbed out.

The Unsaid, Again Ishanibanner2
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:10 am

Asa looked at he, surprised she had changed. Well, that meant she wasn't leaving... at least not yet.

First things first. At least she's sitting down. That, and she doesn't have any weapons handy.

"The new Hound is a bit... unpredictable," he said. "There doesn't seem to be a better candidate, though. I thought that bonding her might stabilize her," he said simply.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:14 am

Ishani raises an eyebrow. "By bonding I am going to assume you mean a blood bond?" She asks mildly.

We can't be blood bound because of my condition, so he goes out and finds someone else to bind? How typically Ventrue of him.

"You do realize what a blood bond does to one of us, don't you?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:19 am

No anger? Where's the insta-bitch she's mildly infamous for? How... disappointing.

"Yes," he replied, "I've read. Heard stories." He shrugged. "If not me, she'd latch on to someone else. Someone that would have used her positions."

Even with his abilities, he couldn't feign indifference.

"You don't care that I did that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:27 am

Ishani shifts on the couch but does not take her eyes off Asa. "Did I say I wasn't mad? Frankly, I would think you would just leave her to her own devices. Do you owe her something that I am unaware of? Is there some bond between the two of you, other then the one you have just created, that would cause you to do such a thing? Frankly Asa, I find it flat out insulting that because we cannot have the same kind of bond, you would just go out and bind someone else without even discussing it with me."

Now the anger was coming to the surface. All of the anger and frustration of the last few nights came rushing forth and directed itself at the person in front of her.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:40 am

"Some other bond? Don't be ridiculous," he said. Asa paused, deciding not to mention the potential menage a trois he had walked out on.

He walked over and sat down on the coffee table in front of her. "I understand you might think that, because we can't," he said slowly. "Honestly? I'm glad we can't. It means that whatever you do," he glanced at the picture on the wall as he spoke, "comes from here," he said, touching his chest. He wanted to touch hers, but she seemed too far away. "Not here," he finished, touching his wrist.

He had wanted to tell her this before, but thought she might think him insane. Yet, maybe he should have. Sometimes, though, she was such a... Mekhet.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:47 am

Ishani just stares at him impassively for a long time, not sure what she wanted to say, only knowing that she was angry. More because he was right then because of what he'd done.

"People need to learn through their own faults, Asa. You can't just go around trying to save everyone because you're a good person." She pauses for a second, reflecting on the irony of saying that to a vampire. "If she is going to funder, then you need to let her flounder. Otherwise she will just drag you down with her when she does fall on her face. You can't go into this new position with the idea that you can save everyone. Some people don't want to be saved and others just can't be. You need to realize that."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 am

Asa laughed. He couldn't help it. Laughing in the middle of an argument never helped, but sometimes, sometimes you just couldn't not.

"I didn't do it for her. I did it for you," he finally said. "Ishani, you are the Sheriff. She is the Hound. Some day, the Sheriff may need the Hound -- and if that day comes, I need my Sheriff to get a Hound. Not some girl playing dress-up looking for her next fix."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:01 am

Ishani blinks, not sure how to take Asa's statement. "If you really feel that way Asa, then why don't you just appoint someone else as Hound? And what the hell is this Prince business anyway? It isn't bad enough that I have to share you with the Ventrue and the Invictus? Now I have to share3 you with the whole damn city too. I mean, shit! It's not like we had a whole lot of time to spend with each other before. But now? Forget it. Personal time will no longer exist for you."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 am

"Well, how the fuck was I supposed to know this would happen?" he asked. "I did this thing with Elle before I knew what would happen." He made a slight motion with his hand, dismissing the subject; there was plenty of time later for talking about if someone were more suitable.

"Oh, this 'Prince business'?" he asked, memories of the meeting rushing back. "How the fuck am I supposed to feel when you tell everyone that you think more of some social butterfly than me?" he asked.

Except it wasn't exactly a question; more of an accusation.

I live and die on your words, Ishani.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:22 am

Ishani rolls her eyes. "Oh please, Asa. As if you being Prince is just what I wanted? Come on! For one thing, we both helped to put Freddrick where he was and look how that turned out. Then we get involved and the next thing I know you get put in his place! Like I want a huge target on your back? Did you even think of the ramifications of this position before you decided to stand up and fight for it? What the hell am I supposed to do now? How can I be the Sheriff of this city and protect your ass at the same time? I am only one person and now that you are Prince I don't even have a Deputy anymore!"

She stands and walks away from the couch, away from him. She starts to pace around the living room, trying to explain her thought process.

"I thought maybe having more of a socialite in the position might stave people from automatically assuming that just because you're Invictus, you'll be a tyrant like Straiphen was. Besides, Rahyna is good at her job, and she does deserve some kind of recognition for that. Yes, you have been here longer and stuck your neck out a hell of a lot more. But was that for the city? Or for me?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:44 am

"Is there a difference?" Asa asked. "You? The city? You are the Sheriff, you are the city. It doesn't matter who rules the city, to you. You've always been the Sheriff first, and Ishani second. I have always accepted that," he finished quietly.

"You know the answer to that question. So now I serve the city, because the city is what's most important to you. At least now, I don't have to stand there, while..." he trailed off, not wanting to finish the sentence.

"I thought that this way, you... no, I wouldn't have to...," Asa stopped, unable to find the words he was looking for.

"You know that I'll step aside if that's what you want," he finally said.

She worries about me? I get more phone calls for bonfire parties than assignations from her.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:53 am

Ishani stops pacing and looks at him. "How am I supposed to know what you're saying if you don't finish a sentence? The city is most important to me? What the hell are you talking about? I did my job because it was the only thing I had. Now I have more to concentrate on then just that and I have been trying to do that."

She sighs and sits back down on the couch, defeated, tired, and suddenly feeling very alone. "I joined the Invictus because I felt you needed a covenent to keep you safe. I accepted the Sheriff position again because it was easier for me to protect you if I had the authority to do so. Being the Sheriff allows me to go where ever I need to armed. It gives me a lot of leeway when it comes to bending the rules. If I can bend those rules, then I can keep you alive a hell of a lot easier. I am not saying you can't defend yourself or that you are weak. I am saying that I am trying to love you in the only way I know how. By being a physical force between you and everything else."

She shakes her head and just stares at the painting, wondering when this all got so complicated. "Kepp your position Asa. To step down now would weaken the city and people would lose faith in you. You have a lot of people who think you can do this job and who believe you really are the best one for it."

She meets his eyes. "Including me. I just wanted to be selfish too."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:55 am

Asa listened. And listened. And every word was a new surprise on a night full of them. No, he definitely didn't need a souvenir to remember this night.

"I don't know what to say," he said. "Why haven't you ever said any of that before?" he said with a smile. He walked behind the couch and knelt down, resting his forehead against the back of her head, and reached his arms over and around her. Just to be close.

"Then you will be the Sheriff, and I will be the Prince... and we'll be Ishani and Asa when one of us is feeling selfish," he finally said.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 pm

Ishani shakes her head. "Ok, we'll give it a try."

What if it doesn't work? She wonders, not wanting to voice her fears.

She turns on the couch, in his arms and kisses the top of his head.

"Enough talk." She sats softly, lifting his face to hers and bringing her lips down upon his. "I want to end this night the right way."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum