Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady)

2 posters

Go down

New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady) Empty New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 am

It had taken a while to re-do Davis' old office the way he'd wanted it, but, money was good for small problems like that. Asa still wasn't sure where he wanted to be, but this seemed as good of a place as any while he made up his mind.

He continued to arrange odds and ends in the office and on the desk while he waited for Erika.

New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady) Asabanner

Back to top Go down

New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady) Empty Re: New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady)

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:09 am

Erika leaves Leighanne in the bar, making sure to tell her to stay out of trouble, before heading back to the offices. She knocks on the door and waits, making sure she put her phone back in the purse.

New Office (ATTN: Erika Brady) Erikabanner
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:24 am

Asa answers the door with a smile. "Hello Miss Brady, please, come in."

It's a sizable office, with a couch and TV that's playing SportsCenter, but muted. The other end of the room has a large desk with an Aeron chair behind it, and two leather club chairs in front of it. Two silver jewelry boxes sit to the side of the desk.

"First, thank you for your endorsement, that was... unexpected. Secondly, I hope you don't terribly mind the switch I made. I get the impression you're an excellent observer and are impartial," he said, taking a seat in the Aeron.

Last edited by West on Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar po po)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:35 am

Erika smiles in return, and makes her way to a chair, settling in with her purse in her lap. She takes a quick glance around the room before sitting, and then responds. "Not at all...it really isn't much more work, so I have no qualm. I am curious about your reasoning, but that is a personal inquiry."

She rests her chin on a hand, watching the Prince and then speaking again, "As for the endorsement...it was simply a choice in who might be able to handle the stress better. I adora Rahyna, but she's young. It's rare for a Prince so young to last long at all, and the last thing we need is more power shifts."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:57 am

"Politics," Asa answered her question with a noncommittal shrug. "Politique politicienne, as I believe the French say. Regardless, I'm glad it doesn't displease you, and again, my thanks."

He picked up the two silver Tiffany boxes, one by one, and placed them in the center of the desk. He pulled a silver pocket watch out of the desk and laid it beside the box on the left.

"These are the remains of Brandon Davis," he said, touching the box on the right, "and Icarus," touching the box on the left. "In the past, a member of your family helped me by learning what happened from things left behind at a... crime scene. I was hoping you might have that gift? You suggested that you might, the first time we met at Ballo Della Notte."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:11 am

Erika picks up the box from Icarus, not bothering to answer Asa just yet, and runs it through her hands, examining the object as closely as possible, before expending her will upon it. Her eyes go white and wide as she appears to enter into a trance, holding the box in a grip that turns her pale knuckles almost ivory.

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:36 pm

Erika is sitting in Icarus large arm chair in his appartment, typing quietly. He seems to be writing an e-mail to someone. A red blinking appears in the top right hand corner of the lap top and Erika clicks on it with her mouse. A text message appears on the screen with the words Clan Priscus and Daeva on it. Quickly, the words change to pink ribbon, clown, and muffin. Then Erika clicks the ok button and the message goes away. She continues to type.

Suddenly, the room goes dark as all the lights in the appartment go out and the lap top turns off. Erika looks around, not seeing much of anything. Then, a strong blow rocks Erika back in the chair as something hits her in the face, hard. As her head snaps back, she feels something sharp sink into her back and proturde through her chest and she is rendered immobile.

She feel teeth sink into her neck. The attacker must have come from behind because she never sees a face. She feels the blood being pulled from her veins, tugging at her soul.

Need a Resolve + Composure roll please.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:40 pm

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Erika does not get sucked into the vision and go catatonic as she feels Icarus soul get pulled into another vampire.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:21 pm

It takes Erika quite a while to come out of the vision, and she's shaking visibly as her eyes return to their normal emerald shade. "Please..don't ask me to do that again. Not yet."

She's barely holding onto the box, and it falls from her hands into her lap, and she lays back in the chair, looking as though she's about to fall to pieces.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Asa nods, and watches her silently. She doesn't seem the type to respond to meaningless platitudes, and he wasn't really the type to say them. Whatever had happened, though, didn't seem at all like the way Bella had reacted to the drunk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Erika takes a short while to recover, just sitting, and watching the box in her lap. Eventually, she picks it up, placing it on the desk in its original position.

She speaks one word to begin with, "Amaranth." After another few minutes, she begins speaking in full sentences once more.

"Whom or whatever did this...was out for more than just blood. Icarus didn't see anything though...I felt everything." She's still visibly shaking.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 pm

Erika eventually recovers enough to stop shaking, and she frowns. "It needs to be done, but understand that this may be just as dangerous, if not moreso, considering the severity of the first attack."

She picks up the box belonging to Davis, and her eyes go a little wide as she enters another trance.

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Erika is standing in the Prince's office. There are two others in the room with her. The Prince, and Karsh. They are all speaking quietly, she assumes since there is no sound by their calm expressions and body language.

Suddenly, a blur goes flying across her vision and the Prince is on the floor, a stake sticking from his chest. Karsh pulls his knives to attempt a swing, but the other person is just too fast for him. Karsh manages to nick the other person on the shoulder before a stake thumps into his chest as well. Finally, the figure turns to Erika. It is tall, about 6'0 and covered from head to toe in black. Erika can assume it is male as there are no shaply mounds under the shirt.

The man lunges forward and Erika jumps back, nearly losing her balance as her foot lands on Karsh's leg. The man takes advantage of her being off balance and shoves her, hard. Erika stumbles back and slams into the wall. Pulling her weapon, she leans in for an attack but the man is no longer in front of her. She feels something sharp stab her in the back and she moves away quickly. She can feel the object still in her back as she turns to face her opponent.

The man laughs, and mouths the words. "Your time has come, child." He pulls a stake out from a belt loop and begins to circle her.

Erika can feel the blood roaring in her ears as she begins to punp it through her system. Her claws extend and she drops her weapon. "Time to play."She feels herself say.

They circle each other for a time, taking various lunges at the other but none connect. Finally, in a blur of speed Erika cannot follow, the man is behind her again and she feels the wood slide through her back. She is immobile.

She feels the hot breath of the man on her ear as he whispers something.

Teeth sink into her neck and the vitae is pulled from her veins.

Need resolve + composure please, -3.

Last edited by Frost on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:53 pm

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Asa silently listens to her, then watches, not wanting to break her concentration.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:28 pm

It takes a long time for EWrika to come out of this one. She nearly loses herself to the soul being sucked into the other kindred, but she manages to pull away in time. However, she is not looking forward to doing this again for some time to come.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:40 pm

After about half an hour, Erika takes a very deep breath, and places the box back on the desk. She shakes her head and crosses her arms, sitting quietly for another ten minutes or so before she can bring herself to talk again.

"It's a man. He's very old, and very powerful. He took them out without a second thought. He has claws and speed...who knows what other powers he might possess.."

She takes another breath, strange enough in its own right since she doesn't breathe. She crosses her legs, and for one who didn't even flinch at the announcement of so many deaths, her entire body seems shaken and tense, like the need to flee from the experience is permanent.

"I don't know who it was, though. He was tall, and wearing black robes from head to toe."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:54 pm

Asa nodded, listening, and thinking. "So it's an old Kindred that has already diablerized our most powerful."

What can we do? Call another Court, hold the Elysium most strict, and see if he walks among us? If he does? It would be a slaughterhouse.

"Do you know what a 'willworker' is?" Asa asked her, watching her carefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Erika nods her head politely, her hands folded in her lap. "I knew several in New York. I've yet to meet others, however."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:00 pm

"Could they assist with something like this?" Asa asked. "If so, at what price? What motivates them?"

How interesting, that she actually knows 'several'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Erika shakes her head. "I'm not really sure. Perhaps if one of their own was injured; the few I knew in New York were rather self absorbed."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:15 am

Asa looked back down at the silver boxes, lost in thought for a few seconds.

It either had to be Lioni or himself; and Ishani would flip if she knew -- unless she was with him, and he didn't mention who he was.

"I'll be speaking to the Primogen, I'm sure," Asa said, looking back up at her. "Do you have any thoughts or ideas on a solution?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:19 am

"All I could consider now is keep a watch on anyone new...it's hard to tell everyone's age these days, people seem to be sharing abilities like candy." She shrugs slightly, and then looks down at her hands.

"There have only been a few more murders on the scale of what he's capable of, he may not surface again at all until he needs blood."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:31 am

"That is an important consideration," Asa said, glancing at his calendar. "Do you know anything about the feeding habits of older Kindred?"

I might need to talk to Marius and Shadow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:34 am

"I know that some of the eldest can't even take the blood of mortals any longer.." She watches the boxes on the desk, still a little wary of touching them again.

"There are rumours of a way to circumvent it..but I've never been able to verify it."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:46 am

"So you're suggesting this might be a matter of survival," Asa asked, "rather than diablerie for diablerie's sake?" Watching her eyes on the boxes, he added Lioni to the list of people he needed to talk to.

Goddamn, maybe Ishani was right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:51 am

Erika shakes her head again. "Diablerie is an intentional act. They only need the blood of kindred, not their souls."

She sighs, and shudders, remembering the vision. "He told Davis that his time had come, and then called him child. That was no survival method."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:36 pm

After his phone call with Bella, Asa turned his attention back to Erika. "I think I'll have a talk with Marius and Shadow -- they're the oldest I know; and both Dragons, which means their library might have some information we could use. You don't have a library you could do some research in, do you?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:37 pm

Erika grins slightly, "Actually, I do. I doubt it's as vast as one that Shadow has probably accumulated, but it's where I found the journal that led to the nomads." She slides her own phone back in its purse, "I actually need to speak with Shadow, myself."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:53 pm

"I've got to wait here for Bella -- why don't you just add what you've seen to the topics of discussion, since you were going to see her already?" Asa asked.

"That way she'll get a first hand account, and extra hands if research needs to be done," he suggested.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Erika nods, and stands up, "Did you need anything else, Prince Clarke?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 pm

Asa stood up and moved to open the door for her. "No, thank you, very much. I didn't realize the viewings would be so difficult," he said with sincerity. "Please let me know how your visit with Shadow goes?"

However aloof and indifferent she may appear, it had taken guts to pick up the second box.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Erika bows her head politely, and makes her way out of the office. "I'll give you a call if we find anything."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:02 am

Asa bid her farewell, and went to find Olivette, describing the situation with Bella's arrival.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 am

(( END SCENE ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum