Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.)

Go down

Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.) Empty Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.)

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:44 am

Asa carefully put the boxes back on the side of his desk and then went to watch SportsCenter while he waited for Bella.

The NFL Draft was this weekend.

Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.) Asanoprobanner

Back to top Go down

Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.) Empty Re: Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.)

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Bella entered the building with Cassie and went for the elevator. Once she arrived at the door of the Prince's office, she knocked politely.

Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.) Bellabanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Asa got up and opened the door, curious to see what Bella had brought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 pm

As the door opens Cassie steps forward her eyes shining and a broad smile on her face her hair was hanging loose to her waist a ratty stuffed elephant in one hand and a beheaded barbie doll in the other. "Are you really the Prince?" she asks bounding past him into the office.

Hmmm... I wonder how much I can get away with lets push this button and see what kind of reaction I get she thinks and giggles to herself.

Problem Childe (ATTN: Bella & Co.) Filipino-child-models

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:15 pm

Bella smiles at Asa in apology and bows. "Forgiv e her enthusiasm, Prince Clarke. She just recently lost her mother. May I come in?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:24 pm

"Of course, Bella," Asa replied, watching the child. The small, rural community he was raised in treated all children as a communal responsibility, so he tended to view children... differently than most. He felt a tug at his emotions, thinking that this girl would never change, forever a rose bud rather than full blossom.

"What happened?" he asked the Inquisitor.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Bella enters the office and closes the door, not wanting anyone to overhear the conversation by chance. "I am not really sure, Prince Clarke. I was informed that her mother and sire, the same person as I understand it, recently met final death. I have not had the opportunity to ask how this happened yet. I thought bringing her to you needed to come first."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:28 am

"A surrogate will have to be found," Asa mused. "Unless that was an act?" he asked, referring to the girl's entry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:19 am

Cassie had been nosing around the office curious about what a Prince kept there when she heard Asa speaking about her so turned and started to walk towards him dropping her mask as she got closer "I appologize Prince Clarke that my excitement got the better of me I have never personally met the Prince of a city before, althought I do find it quite rude to talk about someone as if they are not there." she smiles at him and gives a respectful bow.

((Mask dropped BP 5))

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:34 pm

"Bella," Asa said calmly, "I believe she just interrupted us to call you rude."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 pm

Bella smiles at Asa. "No, dear Prince. I believe she was calling you rude."

She turns to Cassie. "Honey, can you tell us what happened and why you were brought here please?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Cassie turns and looks at Bella "My mommy died and the church didn't know what to do with me so they sent me away here to you." she goes silent for a moment going over the last night she saw her mother and then like a switch was flipped she goes solemn and seems more adult "Then again most people don't know what to do with me even my mother wasn't sure most of the time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:58 pm

Asa listened, and wondered how 'mommy' died; first things first, though.

With a twinkle in his eye, he said to the girl, "It's difficult to speak to you when you haven't done me the courtesy of offering your name. After that, could you tell me how your mother died?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Looking into Asa's eyes she speaks very clearly "My name is Cassie." she gets a far away look in her eyes when she thinks about her mother again and then looks at Asa "I don't know how she died exactly I just know that she died I really don't want to talk about her right now." she lets a single blood red tear run down her cheek.

Last edited by Sweets on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Asa turned off the TV and sat down on the couch. As tall as he was, and as diminutive as the other two were, standing felt awkward.

Pulling a handkerchief out of his pocket he offered it to Cassie. "I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Cassie," he said.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Bella stays standing as she has not been offered a seat, and watches the two of them interact before speaking to Cassie. "I know exactly what to do with you dear. I just needed to get you acknowledged so the Prince was aware of your presence. Kindred Children have a habit of causing people distress and I wanted to avoid that as much as possible."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Cassie takes the offered handkerchief and smiles at Asa "Thank you sir." she then turns to Bella and smiles walking over towards her stopping at her side and replacing her mask she begins to smile once more waiting to see if there was anything else that they wanted to ask her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:07 am

Asa noticed them both still standing and chided himself for not realizing how much things would change.

"Sit, please," he motioned to the chairs in front of his desk. Big ole comfy leather club chairs. "OK, so, Bella, you said you knew what to do with Cassie?"

At least one of them did.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 pm

Bella frowns at the Prince and remains standing as she considers his question. "The same thing you would do with any other kindred. Make sure they have what they need, they know what they need, and they can survive in our society. The only difference between you and Cassie here is that she is trapped in a nine year olds body with a nine year old frame of mind. For the most part, this girl is an adult. Her outside packaging may fool others, but not me. I had a mentor who was perpetually fourteen, I know how this shit works. I am also perpetually nineteen myself, so I can relate." She looks at Cassie. "As long as you don't try to do anything in front of kine that a nine year old wouldn't do, you can have free reign of the city as far as I am concerned. As long as someone is with you, of course. Do you understand?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:25 pm

Cassie looks from Bella to Asa "I have been around long enough to understand those rules even though they are more than I was given before... I had free run of the church that was about it." Cassie gets a far away look in her eye and continues to no one in particular but more whispers to herself "Now I just have to find someone who looks like an adult other than Bella I'm sure she doesn't want to cart me around all the time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:53 pm

"OK, consider her Acknowledged. So, who is her Priscus?" Asa asked.

At least Valencia had found Jayant.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Bella looks at Cassie expectantly. "What clan are you itoshii?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Cassie looks at Bella "I am a Mehket Mrs. Bella" she then looks down to her toys and starts to play with them going off into her own nine year old world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Asa nodded at her answer to Bella and watched her for a few moments.

Looking back at Bella, he asked, "Do you mind being her guardian? Otherwise we'll need to have Dr. Brady and Bishop Sabina figure things out."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:13 pm

Bella shakes her head. "No I don't mind at all. As I said I am sure they sent her to me because of my experience with kindred children. I would prefer to watch after her myself. No offense, Prince Clarke but I do not trust very many people here and I would hate to think something would happen to Cassie because I was too busy to care for her."

And it's not like I have anyone else wanting my attention anyway. She thinks, a wave of depression washing over her again.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:23 pm

"Perfect, and no offense taken," said Asa. He looked at Bella, sensing something was off, but not wanting to pry. He also needed to ask her to see if the Sanctum had any records that might be useful, but didn't want to do it in front of a relative stranger.

"Is there anything else, Primogen Inquisitor Orchid?" he asked, smiling slightly at the opportunity to toss titles back at her.

The sad thing was, if he bitched about to Ishani, she'd just tell him that's what he got for wanting to be Prince.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:22 pm

Bella shakes her head. "No, I don't think so Asa. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of your latest addition."

She gives a wicked smile at using his first name. As an Inquisitor she was probably the only person who could get away with it other then Ishani herself. But, if he was going to throw titles at her, then she was going to drop them all together.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:03 pm

"Thanks Bella," Asa said, with a grin that included more than just bringing Cassie by.

"Cassie, thank you very much for coming to see me," he said to the woman-child, standing up to show them out.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Bella leads Cassie out of Asa's office by the hand. SZhe smiles to the Prince before leaving. "If you have need of anything, Asa, please call me." And then she disappears back down the hall returning to her appartment with her new small room mate.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum