Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Musing Gavin Delaney...

Go down

Musing Gavin Delaney... Empty Musing Gavin Delaney...

Post by Forn Clakes Fri May 01, 2009 4:42 pm

Musing Gavin Delaney... 1154197892_cturesdarn

Pryderi heads for the Avalon bar, making sure he is dressed to blend in, something he has been finding difficult of late. Taking a seat near to the stage, off centre, Pryderi looks at the small pamphlet he was given upon arrival, explaining the night's acts. Reading Gavin Delaney's name was mid-way through, he smiles and orders a drink while he waits.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Musing Gavin Delaney... Empty Re: Musing Gavin Delaney...

Post by Guest Fri May 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Gavin is back stage his nerves are a wreak he is pacing and his heart is racing why did he agree to do this show he still hadn't figured that out but he would go out and put on the best performance he could.

Once Gavin walked onto the stage he stood solo in the middle and raised his violin and took the bow to the strings his play list went from Bethoven to Billy Joel and he also through in some Aerosmith towards the end. He played for roughly an hour by the end of his set the room was speechless and most of the room stood in applause at the end of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat May 02, 2009 1:58 am

"Bravo!" Pryderi stood along with the rest of the audience and applauded, loudly and vigourously, his hands sore from the clapping.

I must meet Mr. Delaney, the Muse thought as Gavin departs the stage. Pryderi, finishing his drink and looking to see if he can get backstage.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Pryderi sees that there is a group of people off to the left of the stage waiting to get back stage. Off to the right of the stage is a security guard but nothing else.

As Gavin leaves the stage he chides himself for missing a few notes even though he knew that no one probably noticed. He heads off towards the right side of the stage away from the group of waiting people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 4:26 am

Seeing Gavin head towards the right side of the stage, towards the security guard.

Damn, he thinks. "Mr. Dalaney," he calls, "Can I have but a momne tof your time." His voice rolls out across the stage, the natural waft of spring meadows billowing with it, his words as captivating as his eyes.

Spoiler:
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 8:52 am

Gavin hears what he believes is his name and stops short to look around he sees a man looking at him and asking for a moment of his time he is uncertain for a moment then shrugs and waves at the man to come back stage he walks over to the security guard on the right side of the stage and points him out to let him know it is ok for him to come back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 9:53 am

Beaming and nodding to the burly security guard, Pryderi heads through to introduce himself to Gavin.

"Hey, my name's Pryderi," The Fairest says, extending his hand. "I just wanted to say that you have an amazing amount of talent, Gavin, and was looking to get a chance to talk music with you sometime."

His eyes seem to sparkle with the possibilties inherent with Gavin's potential as a whole number of songs flush through his head, albeit with a violin's twist.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 10:39 am

Gavin gives Pyderi an apprising look but loves the fact that someone wants to talk music with him so he smiles at the man "It is a pleasure to meet you sir. I appreciate your compliments if you would like you can come back with me now and discuss music right after a show is my favorite time to talk about it."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 12:11 pm

"Sounds good to me, Gavin. Do you mind if I call you Gavin? Don't wanna start off on the wrong note." Pryderi's weak pun was emphasised by his innocent smile and the wink he gives, a sign of trust.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Gavin laughed at the small joke and nodded to him "Gavin is fine" he turned to walk back to the room where he had all of his stuff. After entering the room he sits in a chair and begins to clean off his violin making sure it was in good condition before putting it away in the case.

"So Mr. Pydrie tell me what you would like to talk about."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Pryderi takes a seat nearby and hooks his left foot over his right thigh, resting back. "Just about you, Gavin," he replies. "Like, where did you learn to play so extraordinarily?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Gavin thinks back to when he first picked up the violin his eyes get a reminiscent look to them "My mother taught me before she passed away I was about seven when she first handed me a violin it seemed like it was something I was born to do." Gavin puts the violin back to his shoulder and pulls the bow across the strings and plays a haunting tuned with a single tear escaping his eye before he lays it back across his lap and continues to clean it "That is the beginning of something I have been working on but just can't figure out the rest."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 12:38 pm

"Play it again, if you don't mind," Pryderi asks, leaning closer to grip the sound with his ears.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Gavin lifts the violin once more and begins to replay the haunting tune. He seems to get lost in the music and plays it over and over about 4 times the same tune but it never seems to be finished.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 1:08 pm

As Gaving plays, Pryderi fills the room with the ambience of brilliliance, directed at the young violinist so it enters both his heart and mind, inspiring his performance further.

Spoiler:
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 1:28 pm

Gavin continues to play his song and each time he gets to the end it is different as though he can't decide which one sounds the best. In the back of his mind he is still very indecisive on exactly how the piece should finish but everything that comes out of the violin is very beautiful. The haunting sounds emanating from the room as Gavin looses himself to the music after the fifth different ending he again puts the violin down and looks at Pyderi "See I am just not happy with anything that comes at the end of that piece maybe I'm just too picky but nothing seems to do it justice in the back of my mind."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 1:41 pm

Pryderi nods and leans back again, completely at an understanding with Gavin. "I understand your trouble, Gavin, and I'd like to help you, if you let me."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 1:46 pm

Gavin considers his offer as he finally puts the violin away and starts to lean and check over his bow "And how would you be helping me sir I barely know you?" he looks quizzically at the man and then adds "It has been very interesting speaking with you sir and if you would like to talk more please feel free to stop by anytime and we can discuss music or what ever tickles your fancy." Gavins reaches into his bag and pulls out a card that has his name and numbers on it and on the back an address to the local elementary school "I teach the music class at that school stop by any time."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 03, 2009 1:51 pm

"Just to have someone to bounce ideas off would be cool," Pryderi states, taking the card. "I play and teach guitar but prefer to sing." He takes out one of his own cards and hands it to Gavin, standing to shake his hand as he does.

"Its been a pleasure, Gavin. You have a natural talent."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Gavin stands and takes the mans extended hand smiling broadly at him "I look forward to seeing you again."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down