Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 Days

Go down

5 Days Empty 5 Days

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:55 am

When the knock came tonight, Antoinette was deep in thought, making sketches. “Come in Tilden, it’s open!”

Zero bounced off the furniture, gleefully ushering in the man who came over and kissed Antoinette’s cheeks in greeting. “Hi Doll.” He said to her lovingly. And then, “You’re drawing… What are you drawing now?” Tilden sounded concerned. And suspicious.

“Oh, I’m not sure really. I had a dream last night.”

“Oh God.” Tilden flopped down on the couch dramatically. “Tone, we’re not making anything more. No more. We’re going to be major miracle workers if we pull off what we’re intending as it is! Tone? You’re not listening to me.”

He was right. She wasn’t listening. Quinton had been in her dream, and it had been consuming her since she first rose this evening. It had taken place such a long time ago – had Quinton actually been alive then? How old was he? She had never asked. She didn’t even know if that was a polite question. But she recognized the location: France, and the clothing –18c, the time of the French Révolution. So romantical… Full skirts with hoops and breath-takingly tight bodices with lace for the women. And men in full military regalia with wool coats and silk ascots and skin-tight riding breeches with knee-high leather boots and spurs. And swords of course.

It all meant something. If nothing else, it meant something to her. And she wanted it to be a part of Lash, forever immortalized in this show. It was a couture line, after all. She’d never sell a piece of it, nor did she want to. This was something special to her because somehow it was linked to something about Quinton. Perhaps not directly, but somehow. It would be a private moment for her. And the fashion inspired her. It was outrageously sexy in a chaste way.

She printed 15 new designs off the printer and brought them to Tilden on the couch, flopping down next to him just as dramatically. “Til, here is the finale. This is what I want to finish with.”

“What are we taking out then?”

“Nothing. Come on. 5 changes per model, that’s average.”

“Sure, with several weeks notice. Not several days.”

“Til, for me. This is really important. You want more help; I’ll make some calls right now and have assistants in here for you tomorrow morning. Who do you want? Markus? Sean?”

“Both. And I want to know what’s going on with you and this guy, Toni. I feel like I’m losing you. Or, like you’re already lost. What’s happened? Why does he have so much control over you? It makes no sense. You used to be such a little shit! You’d take on anyone and anything! You used to eat guys like this for lunch. And, your parents left you more money than God, so I know you’re not hanging onto him for the money. What is it with him? Is it the sex?”

Nice. Only a gay man could go through a list like that and come to that conclusion. Antoinette smiled. “Yes, I confess Til, we rock it out up here all day long. Why do you think I can’t work with you days? It’s really a wonder I can walk at all. Would you turn down sex like that?”

“Honey, I wouldn’t turn down anything at this point. Does he have any good looking friends?” Tilden batted his eyelashes.

Excellent. Back on track. “I’ll work on that for you. You start working on this for me. Deal?” She gave him a kiss and reached for her phone. “Markus and Sean, right? They aren’t going to distract you too much are they? I know how you all get once you get going…”

She sent the boys txt messages asking if they wanted work this week, then sent the obligatory txt to Lady Dupree… She was keeping the records on her phone, just in case she was asked to show proof that she followed through with what was asked of her.

Suddenly, with this new addition, Antoinette was very excited about the upcoming show.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum