Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Hallows Church of the Sanctified

2 posters

Go down

All Hallows Church of the Sanctified Empty All Hallows Church of the Sanctified

Post by Bodecia Albion Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:32 pm

Mariel makes her way to Sacramento, driving with the top down on her black BMW Z3. It's a beautiful night, and she plans to make a quick pass through the downtown area. Looks peacful enough. She sees lots of clan and covenant tags on the buildings, most of it marking out Invictus and Gangrel holdings. She drives slowly down the rack area, and is surprised not to encounter any kindred anywhere.

Mariel swings out to where she has been bidden to go- the All Hallows Church of the Sanctified out in the 'burbs. The church is dark. No one is parked nearby, even though services should be starting- well- now. Huh. That's strange.

She parks the car in the church lot, leaving it idling as she takes off the Jackie O-style scarf she's been wearing to keep her long, silky red hair in place, and refreshes her lipstick.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

All Hallows Church of the Sanctified Empty Re: All Hallows Church of the Sanctified

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:12 am

NARRATION

As she sits she see no movement but something odd does catch her eye...four small piles of ash in the small graveyard at the side of the church.

Back to top Go down

All Hallows Church of the Sanctified Empty Re: All Hallows Church of the Sanctified

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:12 am

Frowning, Mariel turns off the car. A shiver runs down her back. She can't think of any logical reason that anyone would be burning anything in the graveyard. And in such small, distinct piles, too.

She pulls a sacrificial knife from her small black Coach bag. Removing it from its protective sheath, it reveals strange ornate carving along the hilt, and coiling engraved words in a language long dead along the blade. The blade is wickedly sharp.

She goes closer to investigate, knife at the ready.

The night is deadly still. Tension mounting, Mariel crouches by the first pile of ash.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:19 am

NARRATION

As she looks around she sees no signs of burning....and the ground around the piles seems slightly disturbed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

Mariel is tempted to take a bit of the ash and taste it to see if anything can be determined, but then remembers the Rack, empty of all kindred presence, and the dark church. Midnight mass should be going on right now, and no one is here.

This isn't looking good.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:50 pm

NARRATION

As she contenplates the Mass that is not happening and the empty downtown, the wind picks up and blows the ash pile and she can tell the ash descends down into the soil. Showing the ash descends deep below her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:39 pm

AAAAAHHHHHHHH! Mariel shrieks, unable to help herself. Her scream echoes in the silent graveyard.

Ok, then. These four piles could be Kindred remains, she thinks, pulling herself together marginally and clutching the knife tighter with a shaking hand.

Mariel wonders if she could get away with just reporting what she's found so far and sighs. Nope. Mother Superior would never let her off the hook so easily.

Maybe I could get in the church and see if I find anything else.

This is SO not how I want to spend my evening! she thinks.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:43 pm

NARRATION

As if in a silent answer to her thoughts the wind shifts and blows at the side door of the church and the pile of clothes left at the door flutter and the sound of something metalic scraps along the concrete step.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:01 pm

OMG, it's the Rapture!

Wait. No. That's just a bunch of Fundamentalist malarkey. Not possible.

Get a grip, girl! Mariel sternly tells herself. She heads over to the entrance, looking to see what is making that goddamned awful noise.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:17 pm

NARRATION

As she gets to the door a man lays dead at the door with keys in his hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Wow. What Mariel had thought was just a pile of discarded clothing was...a dead guy. HA! Told you it wasn't the Rapture! she tells herself.

Mariel looks the corpse over, trying to see if he died of anything obvious. Gunshot? Knife-wound? Needle in his vein? Wrapping her headscarf around her hand, she reaches into the dead man's back pocket and checks for a wallet. She smiles in anticipation. Cash is always good.

She makes a little face and pushes at the body with her low-heeled Steve Madden gladiator sandals, rolling him to his back and away from the door. Pulling a fresh kleenex from her purse, she is able to wrest the keys from Dead Guy.

She checks the door and prepares to try the keys one by one until she can get the door open.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:05 pm

NARRATION

As she pulls out the wallet and opens it she finds fifty eight dollars in it, an California ID, a rectory ID, and a busness card.

The Card says:

All Hallows Church
A Sanctuary for the Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:52 pm

Mariel pockets the cash, being careful not to touch anything directly. She doesn't want any fingerprints left. She examines the rest and replaces it in the wallet.

She rolls the corpse again to get to the back pockets and replaces the billfold. Eww.

If this is supposed to be a Sanctuary, or literally "safe place" for the Lancea, somebody's not doing their job.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 pm

NARRATION

The third of 5 keys opens the door to the Church. As she moves through the church she finds 4 other bodies littering the building. Checking papers in the offices she confirms that 2 of the bodies are also the normal Pastures of this place. She also finds two more piles of ash in the private rooms, both in thier beds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Mariel had seen enough. TIme to get out of here.

She wrinkled her nose. Nothing here would do for a haven for her, and besides the place might be contaminated by who knows what? She needed to find a nice dark hotel room, so she'd have time to scout out the perfect haven. She had a feeling she was going to be in Sacramento for awhile.

After gathering the cash from all the wallets and purses she had found, she sauntered back to the entryway. Relocking the church, she stowed the keys in her bag.

Mariel had seen some nicer hotels down by the Rack. Maybe she'd drive down that way. From the looks of it, getting a bite to eat looked like it would be a piece of cake. She'd check out the bar scene on the way. Cheered that her working day was done, she smiled and cranked up the Bang & Olafson CD player to hear Ac/Dc's "One Way Ticket to Hell" blare out of the speakers.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Mariel finds a nice high-rise hotel downtown.

((Please make a Wits+ Composure roll for Mariel as she parks her car))

Last edited by DaevaDude on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:42 pm

Mariel picks an expensive hotel, and drives underground to park the car. She turns off the radio and gathers her overnight bag.

Spoiler:
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:45 pm

Narration:
As she locks her car and starts toward the hotel, Mariel has the strangest sensation of being watched... but try as she might, she doesn't see anyone watching her, or even looking in her direction.

Last edited by DaevaDude on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:49 pm

The creepy parking garage- with its fluorescent lighting humming and casting weird shadows- gives Mariel a feeling of forboding, but she gathers up her bag and walks briskly to the elevator.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Narration:
Mariel gets on the elevator. She notices with some alarm that the metal surfaces are so shined as to make for a reasonably reflective surface, and worries that might be noticed by some other passenger, but thankfully nobody else gets on the elevator for the duration of her trip.

She makes it to the hotel lobby without incident, though again having to carefully avoid reflective surfaces. She realizes there are security cameras in the lobby, but there's not much to be done about that other than hope nobody is paying attention or bothers watching the tapes before they get recorded over.

There are several people in the lobby, both staff and customer, and Mariel notices an attached lounge is fairly busy.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Mariel pays cash for a week's stay, choosing a room on the second floor so she can avoid the elevators. She stresses to the concierge that she does not want her room cleaned by the staff during the day, as she is most productive with her business dealings in the night time hours and likes to sleep in. She tips him a $100 bill.

Spoiler:

After disposing of her luggage, she freshens up and goes downstairs to check out the lounge. She plans to talk to the bartender about other night spots.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Narration:

The concierge seems impressed, and assures Mariel she will be undisturbed.

A bit later, as Mariel gets off the elevator to the lobby, another woman gets off a different, adjoining elevator. She is a striking woman with dark hair and eyes, an hourglass figure and classically beautiful features. She appears to be a businesswoman, dressed in a grey skirtsuit with red blouse and heels.

Mariel and the other woman notice each other at the same time, and Mariel notices the other woman turn to look at her as she passes.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Mariel preens a little. Always nice to be noticed. Maybe this lady knows something about the city.

She turns back to the dark-haired woman. Buy you a drink?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Narration:

The woman starts to say something, pauses a moment, then smiles and says "Yes, that sounds lovely." She speaks with a Mediterranean accent of some sort, which is consistent with her features, though she looks a bit pale for someone from that part of the world.

"I'm Circe," she says, holding out her hand. "What is your name?" she asks. Mariel sees Circe's nails are long and filed to points and painted blood red, the same color as her blouse.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Mariel looks at the nails and starts to get uncomfortable. NOBODY has nails like that. And for someone who otherwise looks like she could have been cast in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", this lady is awfully pale.

Yet Mariel's beast is sound asleep. She looks at the woman to see if she shows any beast-like struggle herself. There's something not right here.

But as they're in a public place, Mariel allows herself to relax a little. I'm Mariel, she says politely, shaking the hand offered to her with care.

Am I crazy, or would this "lady" tear my throat out if I broke one of her nails?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Narration:

Despite her pallor, the woman's hand feels warm to the touch. She shakes Mariel's hand with a firm grip.

"I am pleased to meet you, Mariel." She holds the shake a bit longer than necessary, then releases Mariel's hand to gesture to the lounge. "I was in the lounge for a short time earlier this evening, it is nice enough. We can go there if you like."

Circe's dark brown eyes meet Mariel's green ones. "So, Mariel, what business brings you to Sacramento?"
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:53 am

Mariel finds a seat where she can watch most of the people in the lounge, one that's out of the way of the mirror behind the bar.

Well, I'm here looking for some kin of mine, she said carefully, watching Circe to see if that provoked any flicker of recognition.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:12 am

Circe smiles at the mention of kin, but her reaction and tone of voice don't give any clue beyond that.

"And tell me, have you had any success in locating any of these kin?" she asks. Her dark eyes remain focused on Mariel
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:18 am

No. I've found no one, Mariel answers simply. Every place I look is....empty.

She looks quizzically at Circe. She feels that Circe is different, but is she Kindred? Mariel doesn't have a clue.

So, what would you like to drink? she asks, thinking, well, if I see her drink and not excuse herself right away, that would tell me SOMETHING!
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Circe smiles at Mariel. "I think you have some idea what I like to drink," she replies. "I believe you like to drink the same thing." She pauses for a moment, her gaze fixed on Mariel, who feels almost hypnotized, then adds. "I noticed where you chose to sit, and I believe I know why. I chose a very similar seat when I was in her earlier." She gestures toward the far end of the bar, where a person would have to be standing at exactly the right angle behind the bar stool to see the person sitting at that stool's reflection in the mirror behind the bar.

"Tell me, girl, who sent you to seek out these kin? "
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:28 pm

Mariel flushed with anger. Why would I tell you? Why should you care?

Mariel HATED being called 'girl'. The nuns called her that when she was alive, as if her name wasn't even important enough to remember, and Mariel doesn't suffer being slurred that way now, more than 50 years later. And now that she knows Circe is one of her kind, she doesn't have to pull punches.

At least not in public.

Mariel fights the urge to tell Circe "You're not the boss of me!" knowing how idiotic it sounds. It was bad enough to have to do the nuns' (and Bishop's) bidding in her unlife, and she was damned sure she wasn't going to put up with it from a stranger.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:52 pm

Circe's voice lowers into a hiss. "I care because I want to know who is entering this domain, and you should tell me because I asked."

Suddenly, Circe ends whatever power she had been using to prevent Mariel from recognizing her as Kindred at first sight. Mariel feels the strength of Circe's blood slam into her with an almost physical force, and suddenly she is aware she is in the presence of a much older and more powerful predator.

((ST Note: Mariel needs to roll Resolve + Composure with +1 bonus to avoid fear frenzy))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:09 am

Spoiler:

Mariel's fiery temper distracts her and allows her to ignore the fear usually engendered by a more powerful vampire.

Well, who died and made you Prince? I get the feeling you haven't been in the city very long either!

Mariel pulls her temper back because her curiosity gets the best of her. Are you looking for kin, too? If you're going to check out the All Hallows Church, lemme save you a trip. She lowers her voice. They're all dead. Kin and their ghouls both.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:19 am

Circe smiles and relaxes, her voice and manner becoming more charming. "You are correct that I've not been long in this domain, though I had been observing it for some time before my arrival. I am trying to get a sense what kin are in the city, yes. I stopped by the place of worship you mention, and while I did not go in, I did see the signs of deceased kin.

"Indeed, until this night, I had thought all the kin in this city had perished, but I have learned that a few have apparently survived, though they look as if their survival was a near thing."
She looks off to the side for a a long moment, cocking her head at a strange angle, then looks back at Mariel. Just for a split second her eyes appear yellow, but then they return to their usual dark brown. "In fact, it appears some number of kin are meeting in a central location."

She smiles again, and says "But you have still not told me who you are with."

Somehow, Circe seems extraordinarily charming to Mariel. Almost without awareness, she finds herself wanting to tell her what she wants to know.

((ST Note: Mariel can choose to expend 1 WP and roll against Composure + Blood Potency to try to shake off Circe's charm. If she doesn't do this, or fails on the roll, she needs to roll Composure + the either Empathy or Subterfuge.))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Mariel rolls her eyes. Rolling Eyes I don't think so, darlin'.

She decides to try a tactic of her own. Tell me what your plans are for this city,Circe, she says in a mesmerizing tone of voice.

Spoiler:
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 pm

Spoiler:

Circe furrows her brow, realizing that Mariel had just tried something with her not unlike what she had attempted toward Muriel. After a moment, though, she sits back and smiles. "You are bold, child, and there is something to be said for that."

She stands up. "Now that I know some kin are meeting in a central place, it is time to make my presence in this city known to those who whatever holders of title and rank in this domain have survived. Whatever your business here, I suggest you do the same. You may accompany me if you wish."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:04 am

Mariel considers. Probably best to not go in to a strange situation alone, it would look weak.

Wanna take a ride in my convertible? ,she offers. Or I could follow you in you have a car. Where are we going?
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:22 pm

"I will drive my vehicle," Circe answers, "and you can follow. We are going to a club named Avalon."

The two leave the lounge and head to the parking garage.

((ST Note: Roll Wits + Composure for Mariel as she and Circe enter the parking garage.))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:30 pm

As Mariel heads toward her car, Circe suddenly spins around and grabs Mariel by the throat. Before Mariel can even registers what is happening, Circe picks her up off the ground and slams her hard onto the hood of a car, denting it.

Still holding Mariel by the throat, she leans close and hisses "There is something to be said for boldness, but there is also something to be said for knowing one's place. I am not someone you want to have as an enemy, child. Forget that and you may not have another opportunity to learn the lesson."

((ST Note: Mariel takes 2 Bashing damage))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:51 pm

Mariel takes the damage without saying a word.

Circe has just made an enemy.

She has to be content with thinking, Just lucky it wasn't my car. Bitch.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:27 am

When it is clear Mariel isn't going to fight back or say anything, Circe lets go of her. She points down the row of vehicles to an old, not very impressive-looking white van. Mariel can see some sort of big dog - or is that a wolf? - looking out the drver-side window. "I am driving that. You can follow me, if you still wish."

Mariel realizes she parked only a couple spaces away from Circe's van when she arrived. Circe walks to the van and opens the door.

((ST Note: Mariel Roll a Wits + Composure check at -3))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Narration:

As Circe unlocks and opens the door to the van, Mariel tinks she sees something crawling around under the van, but it isn't visible after Circe gets in and closes the door. Circe starts the engine of the van and looks over to see if Mariel is planning to follow. Noticing Mariel getting into her own car, and pulls out of her parking spot.

((ST Note: action moves to the current Avalon thread))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodecia Albion Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Mariel waves on the white van. I'll see you there, she calls expressionlessly, her head still smarting from the surprise attack. Damn, that's some crappy piece of shit that her Highness drives, she smirks to herself as the van drives out of sight.

She checks for external injuries (and paint flakes) and finding none, brushes out her long silky red hair.

Mariel calls the hotel and asks for her concierge. Tell me, what kind of place is the club called The Avalon? she asks. I see....could you give me the address please?

Mariel programs the location into her Tom-Tom and considers what she'll wear.
Bodecia Albion
Bodecia Albion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down