Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones)

2 posters

Go down

Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones) Empty Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones)

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:46 am

The cab pulled up to the address he'd been given at 9:54, and after paying the cabbie Martin walked up and down the street, fretful, glancing at his watch every ten seconds. He took several deep breaths to try and calm down, even though he knew breathing wasn't going to do him a whit of good.
He'd brought a gift for the Baron, as was expected within the Invictus. It was in his pocket and the weight of it felt like it would topple him over. If the Baron didn't care for it... best not to think of it, no. Martin was going to need the Baron's help if he was to make it in this city, and that's all there was to it.
At ten o'clock, Martin approached the manor and rang for admittance.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones) Empty Re: Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:49 pm

HOLY CRAP!

They'd overslept! Antoinette grabbed the first things she could find to wear; bondage shorts, hoodie and Docs, hussled Neil into his clothes, and jammed downstairs to the A10. She drove this time, remembering it's feel from Italy and slid it through the streets of Sacramento as quick as she could to drop Neil at his place before getting herself completely back over to the other side of town at Baron Quinton's house.

A mere hour late for her 9pm meeting with her Sire.

Well, nothing could be done about it now. She launched out of the car and saw Mr. Carpenter ringing the bell, so she slipped up behind him and waited to be admitted with him.

"Good morning Mr. Carpenter, how are you?"

Back to top Go down

Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones) Empty Re: Belly of the Beast (Attn: Toni & Baron Jones)

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 pm

"I'm well, thank you," Martin says, turning to give a slight bow to Antoinette. "And how does the evening find you?" he asks her, giving her outfit the once-over. "Perhaps I'm overdressed," he adds with a smile.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:26 pm

"Oh, it's just going fabulously." Antoinette says in an exasperated tone. "And, no. I'm under-dressed. But I'm not crashing your meeting, I promise. I had another meeting I was suppose to be here for earlier that I seem to have missed. So I'll just be waiting for the two of you to finish, and then hopefully His Excellency will be able to fit me in after you're done. Otherwise, I'll just have to come back another time I guess.

"Did you knock? I wonder what's keeping his man..."

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:16 pm

[center]~~Narration~~[/center}

As they near the door, they notice it is slightly ajar. Entering the house, they discover a ransacked front room and the bloody pieces of Mr. Hostwick scattered around the room amidst the furniture.

Continuing further into the house, they find the condition of the rooms are similer to the front room. Upon entering Quinton's office, they see the desk has been rummaged through voilently and just about every other piece of furniture in the room is on it's side.

Quinton is no where in sight.

Antoinette can still feel her connection to him however, so he has not met final death.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:48 pm

"Does he have somewhere he might have gone hiding?" Martin asks Antoinette, looking through the office for the Baron--or his remains. He sounds afraid, and his eyes keep darting back to the front room, where the Hostwick salsa is. Anything that can do that... Martin does not want to be present if it should return.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:30 pm

~~Narration~~

As Martin sifts through what is left of the office, he does not find anything that could be Baron Quinton's remains. Nor does he find anything else that might give a clue as to what happened here, except for various claw marks on the furnature, and the claw marks on the Hostwick salsa.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:07 pm

Antoinette is in absolute shock. She knows something is completely wrong and sinks in a puddle on the foyer floor, letting dear Hostwick's blood soak through her clothes. Whatever "it" is can come back for her, that would be fine. If the Baron is gone, her Requiem is over, and she knows what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:49 am

No answer from Antoinette; that's fine. Martin takes the opportunity to poke among the Baron's things. If, God forbid, Quinton is dead, there may be useful things here for an enterprising Architect. Waste not, want not.
But after a while it becomes obvious that Toni isn't just off searching the manor for her sire, and Martin pokes his head out into the front room with a curious expression on his face. "Antoinette?" he asks, and suppresses a sigh. Well, great, will you look at this. "Antoinette, can you feel the Baron? Is he still alive? You might want to get up, dear, you've got ghoul all over."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:57 am

Neil pulls up to the Barons house, wondering what was wrong. Walking up to the door seeing it ajar he gets a bad feeling he knocks on it and calls out loudly "Antoinette are you here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:42 am

Mr. Carpenter's voice snaps her back to the vivid reality of the situation. "Yes, Mr. Carpenter, I still feel the connection of our bond. I guess he's still alive. And I just heard Neil's Corvette pull up. He's here to help me." She says it with no emotion, but when she hear's Neil's voice at the door, she loses it.

"Baby?" blood begins to stream down her face. "Baby, he is gone. I don't know what to do. Something bad has happened...". Her black bondage shorts are now fully saturated with the blood from the ghoul's body and it's seeped up into her white tank top where she's smeared it here and there with her hands.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:49 am

Neil quickly makes his way over to Toni and embraces her. "It's ok I'm here for you." the surrounding giving him a bad feeling, who was brave enough to make a move against one as powerful as Quinton. And by what Antoinette was saying they took him.

"Are you hurt?"
he asks noticing all the blood on her and now on his suit as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:57 am

"No, not hurt." she whispered. "But I need your help. And we need to get..." Antoinette silently mouthed the words 'rid-of-him', and pointed to Mr. Carpenter behind his back so he would not see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:11 am

(( Please remember the limit is 2 posts 'ahead' of others in a Scene per 24 hours. jmiland1/Martin Carpenter needs to be given the opportunity to respond before any more posts are made. ))

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:18 am

Once Neil is in and Martin witnesses the embracing, he walks back into Quinton's office with a roll of his eyes. "Children," he mutters to himself with all the arrogance of one who's had a scant few more years of existence under his belt. "It's love now, but you'll be eating each other alive before long." He decides to take advantage of the moment, and continues to poke through the Baron's things--which, luckily for Martin, looks an awful lot like looking for clues.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:33 am

Antoinette suddenly realized that Mr. Carpenter had gone back into Baron Quinton's office and she could hear him rummaging through his private things, after she had just told him he was still alive. "That fucking jackass!" She pirouetted away from Neil, ponytails flying and stormed into the office where she got between Mr. Carpenter and the desk drawer he was rifling through.

"Mr Carpenter. I just told you my Sire was still alive. I can feel him. And you are fucking rifling through his private belongings? I thought you had more class than that. In fact, I was always rather fond of you..." She narrowed her eyes in a most menacing way and put her finger against his chest. "If you don't leave right now, Sir, I'm afraid staying will be the last thing you do in your Unlife. Do we have an understanding?"

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:38 am

Martin regards Antoinette coolly. "I am looking to see if there is any evidence as to where your Sire may be. I was trying to be of use, seeing as how--quite understandably--you have been quite distraught."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:47 am

Antoinette was not buying it for a second. "Don't make me repeat myself, Sir." The thing that shredded Hostwick wasn't exactly going to leave a file in the cabinet under "S" for "Shred".

"Now."

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:49 am

"Hold that thought," Martin says, pulling out his phone. "It occurs to me that we have neglected to do what we should have done at the first sign of trouble. The Priscus will want to know of the Baron's situation." He begins to dial.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 am

Neil looks at Mr.carpenter wondering why he would call a Pricus and not a Seneschal or the Sheriff, it didn't make sense to him. One thing Neil knew was that look on Antoinette's face meant trouble and he couldn't blame her for it.

"Mr. Carpenter, I trust you are trying to do the right thing but right now I think you should follow Antoinette's wishes and leave."
Trying to stay civil hoping he would get the hint before Antoinette lost it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 pm

A certain calmness passed over Antoinette. She knew Quinton never liked Martin anyway, and if she couldn't stop him from thieving his secrets; secrets he didn't deserve because he had not earned them, then it was not in her power to control this situation. She would have to let it go. She was going to have to let a lot of things go.

She turned her back on the sad little man and gave Neil her full attention.

"Baby, there is nothing more we can do here now. I'm sorry I made you come all the way over. This was all just a little overwhelming." She wrapped herself around him then, blood and all, and kissed him -- a little sadly, a little sweetly, a little desperately.

"Can you take me back to my place?"

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:15 pm

Martin shrugs at Neil's suggestion, wandering slowly towards the door while looking at his phone. "Did you see this?" he asks the two lovebirds, without looking at them. "A meeting at the Lily, mandatory attendance. Seems rather short notice." He passes by them, saying on his way out to the front room, "Perhaps the Baron's not the only one. Problem seems a little bit bigger, now."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Returning her kiss Neil nods "No need to apologize my dear, I'm here for you. Of course I'll take you" Looking at the message Martin mentioned he nods "Indeed I'm sure it will be an enlightening meeting." he says as he puts an arm around Antoinette's waist and walks her towards his car. "I shall attend but first I must help Antoinette, I'm sure Asa will understand since we are talking about her sire." he calls out to Martin as he walks away

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Martin nods as he begins walking away. "I will let Mr. Clarke know," he says, perfectly conciliatory. "As you say, I'm sure it won't be an issue."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down