Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne))

Go down

The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne)) Empty The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne))

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:07 am

Erika steps along politely and brusquely, walking off into the city away from the chapter house, leading Leighanne off towards her haven. "Do you have any questions for tonight, before we get there?" She slows to make sure the other woman is keeping up, but continues her walking, her eyes alert and heightened to watch the way.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne)) Empty Re: The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne))

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:54 pm

Leighanne followed Erika but stayed a good distance behind her she thought about the question before answering it "Well I have been reading up on a lot of different things but perhaps you might be able to explain the difference between a sheriff and a hound to me that one I'm not sure about I mean they sound to me like the same thing when I read about them and then there's this hole clan covenant mess well that just seems confusing too ohh and do I really have to bite people I've done that and people just seem to die so I don't like that at all and why can't we go out in the sun I don't understand that is there a real reason like you science wise..." once she started asking the questions that had been running in her head just started to spill out and it didn't look like there would be an end in sight like a child on their first trip to an amusement park wanting to know and see everything in the first ten minuets.

Back to top Go down

The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne)) Empty Re: The Long Walk Home ((Attn: Leighanne))

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:43 pm

Erika slows, "Please keep up, dear." and then continues talking. "To answer your first question, the Sheriff is the law-enforcement. They keep the Prince's laws, and make sure that our kind keep to them. The Hound, on the other hand, is considered the Prince's muscle. They do the dirty jobs." She continued walking, letting the information sink in before she got to another question.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 am

Leighanne listens to all that Erika has to say still keeping her distance from the woman but keeping a good pace all the same she waits expectantly for her to continue with her explanations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:18 pm

She continues on, "In regards to biting people, it is, in fact, the easiest way to restore your blood, or as we call it, vitae. You can do it without killing people though, and that's preferred...we don't want people figuring it out, after all."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Leighanne held onto every word that Erika was saying about this she found it interesting but was still repulsed by the idea of biting someone. She looked around her to see where she was wondering how much farther they had to go she was getting a little antsy being out in the open like this her fears still there but she had managed to put them aside for the most part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:37 pm

"To answer your last two questions...clan is what we are...there are some theories about how we might all be different breeds of the same monster...did Shadow say which one you belonged to?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Leighanne thinks back through her conversations with Shadow before answering "Yes she said I was something called a Nosferatu is that what you are?" she smiles a broadly at Erika and speeds up a bit but still keeps at least half an arms length behind her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:02 pm

"I am a Mekhet. There are five clans, the others are Daeva, Ventrue, and Gangrel. I can explain the differences to you at some point. For the moment, you should know that you have the ability to learn how to do many things, including how to turn fear into a weapon, and use the shadows to your advantage." She smiles back at the woman, and continues walking. "We're almost there."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Leighanne remained quite and contemplated what Erika had said the rest of the way to her haven.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 pm

"To answer your last question, before we step inside," she points at an apartment building just up the street, an old brownstone, "I do not know if there are scientific reasons for the pain the sun causes us, but there are visible effects that I have witnessed..it will destroy us almost instantly if we step foot in it."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Leighanne looks at Erika and then states flatly "I think I would like to study why that is."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:01 pm

Erika pulls open the door to the brownstone, "Perhaps after I've deemed you for release from my care, we could discuss that with Shadow? I understand her order studies all that has to do with our condition."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:04 pm

"So this hole being in your care thing what does that mean ... I can't do anything I want I have to do only what you say or am I misunderstanding you." there was a slight twinge in her eye that said her fears were coming back to the surface she had issues with not being in control of herself of what she could do and she did not like it one bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:05 pm

"It means that I am responsible for you, and you are under my care. I will not be as strict as some; you are free to come and go as you please, so long as you understand and are able to abide by the laws of this city."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:07 pm

"I imagine you will go over what those will be with me and what you think I should do while under your care then I know from what I have read that if I fuck up it's your ass and so far you have been nice to me so I don't want to put your ass in a sling." she smiles at Erika again as some of her fears fade back into the background.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:13 pm

"Shadow will set new laws into motion, and then it is the duty of my new position to make sure all, not just you, know of these laws. For now, let's get you settled into the spare bedroom. Then you can have a look at my library." She leads the woman up into the apartment, and pushes open the door.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:18 pm

Leighanne looks around and then nods to Erika showing she understands what she has just said. "Thank you ma'am I appreciate your hospitality and help" she is trying very hard to be polite to this woman in the back of her mind she knows how difficult she can be and hopes that she can over come that in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:21 pm

Erika closes, and locks the various deadbolts and other security measures at the door, before she moves ahead through the hall. She pushes open one door, "Here's the bedroom. Get settled in, I'll be waiting in the library when you're ready. It is the last door on the right."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:25 pm

Leighanne enters the room and looks around nodding to Erika as she puts her books down on the bed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Erika smiles, and pulls the door slightly closed, heading down to her library.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Leighanne comes out of the room she had been given quite some time later and find's Erika sitting in the library she enters and finds a seat but doesn't say anything not quite sure how this is suppose to work does she not speak until asked something is she free to speak her mind there is still a tinge of fear in the back of her mind and her beast is starting raise its head and become hungry she has been trying to fight it back all evening and it seems to be getting more difficult.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Erika smiles as Leighanne steps back into the room, "Tell me, dear..when was the last time you fed? Perhaps we can start with learning how to regain your vitae without killing?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:05 pm

Leighanne gives Erika a quizzical look and then remembers that Shadow had told her drinking blood was called feeding "I had a glass about 2 days ago but I didn't finish the hole thing the thought still turns my stomach some." she puts her head down a little ashamed that she can't seem to sustain herself without instruction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:11 pm

"It does take a while to get used to." She smiles again and stands up, "Perhaps we could get you some bagged blood to start with, until you're used to drinking it?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:31 pm

"That would be ok I guess but what if I can't get use to it what then do I just hook myself up to an IV for the rest of eternity" frustration is starting to show on Leighanne's face "I honestly don't know if I can handle this it seems a bit horrific to me going around biting people and living in the shadows what kind of life is that to have." she sighs and slumps back in her chair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 pm

"Unfortunately, at this point, it's a little late to choose. You either feed, or you die. You could feed from animals, of course...but once you're older, that stops being an option."

Erika places the book she was reading back on the shelf and watches the woman.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Leighanne considers everything she was just told then she looks at Erika with a consideration "And tell me what exactly does this kind of life have to offer because I really wasn't given a choice to begin with so help me figure out where I might fit if I fit at all."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 pm

"You get to continue existing?" She shrugs slightly, "It's a cursed existence, but it is an existence." Erika turns back to the shelves and thumbs through the many books. "Do you want to know how old I am?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 pm

"So you are telling me I should just exist to what end I mean there has to be a goal something to strive for I may only be a few weeks old but when I am older what can I say that I accomplished you must have goals in this society and yes I would like to know how old you are." she looks at Erika expectantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:29 pm

"My goals? I wish to know everything. It's an obsession I freely admit to." She then turns, and her skirt spins with her, as she takes a seat in the puffed up armchair once more. "I will be one hundred and twenty five years old in May." She slides open the book she's picked up, and pulls out a piece of paper, holding it out. "My first degree in Archaeology, gained in 1902."

She leans back in the seat, "Others have different goals...to rule, to learn, to empower themselves...sometimes the goal is just to survive. It's a difficult world to live in, and I'll be perfectly honest with you, there are many who do not survive."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Leighanne figures she will ponder what kind of goals she wants to set for herself later on but for now she had another question "So what exactly do you expect from me as your what was the word child i think it was I mean i know you said I am in your care and you are suppose to teach me but what exactly do you expect from me?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:37 pm

"I only expect you to learn, both how to use whatever abilities your condition has given you, and how to use them without alerting mortals to our kind. There are laws within the city, that apply to our kind, and if not for the upheaval, those would be the first thing you should know."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:46 pm

"Abilities hmm what sort of abilities are there and how do you know what you can do and what you cant I mean can you fly or can you shape shift or read peoples minds " Leighanne sorted through all the different mythologies and fantasy abilities she could think of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:44 pm

Erika laughed softly. "Some of us can shape shift, although it's mainly into animals...wolves to be specific. I wouldn't even begin to know how to do it, though." She crossed her legs, and folded the degree back into the book, "Reading minds I can do, though...it's something you want to use warily though. It's hard to sort through a persons thoughts."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Leighanne looks at Erika with a star struck look on her face amazed at all she had learned this evening but in the back of her mind she knew there was still much to learn she slumped back in her chair and sorted through her thoughts for a while in silence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down