Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Warehouses ATTN: Eva

Go down

At the Warehouses  ATTN: Eva Empty At the Warehouses ATTN: Eva

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:42 pm

At the Warehouses  ATTN: Eva Mrsscottsbanner

Mrs. Scotts stands patiently beside Warehouse #8, a clipboard in hand, dressed in a oldish-looking dress. Classy, but slightly antiquated. She waited for Eva to show up, idly running through her mental exercises.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

At the Warehouses  ATTN: Eva Empty Re: At the Warehouses ATTN: Eva

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 pm

Eva comes in a cab, stepping out, in her usual dark garb.

"Buono Notte Mrs. Scotts," she smiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:24 pm

Mrs. Scotts returns the smile, "Good day Miss Carino. You are currently standing in front of your new studio, should you desire it. A good artist should never be restricted in terms of space, and this whole warehouse should suit you amicably. You may also want to use it to showcase your work. All you have to do is sign here.." She hands over a document that is absurdely brief:
I, Mr. Lopez, do hereby give a permanent lease on warehous #8 to Miss Eva Carino, free of charge or fee, for as long as she desires it.
(signed) Mr. Lopez
"And the place is yours to do with as you see fit. It is soundproofed to prevent any disturbing of the nieghbors with the sounds of art being built, as well as having a good draining system to prevent any damage from flood and easy cleanup of stone shavings. I do hope you like it." She pulls the clip board back. "Perhaps you should take a look first. Mrs. Scotts pushes open the door, and flicks on the overhead lights.

The warehous is wide and spacious, though it seems a bit smaller than it should be judging from the exterior. It has a cement floor, and drywalled walls.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:10 pm

"Dios mio!" she gasps, eyes incredibly wide.

"Mrs. Scotts you are too generous...This is incredible..." she breathes, having no idea what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:27 pm

"No no, this is how patrons and artists worked in the past, and I see no reason to change it." And god bless money. Mrs. Scotts thought. It does buy you everything.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:31 pm

"Do you want me to organize a show then? And of course 30% of the sales would go to you, if that is acceptable," she is smiling wider than she has in a century, the happiness meeting those strange amber colored eyes.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Mrs. Scotts demures for a moment. "While normally I would demand no less than 50%, you are family. 30% it is."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 pm

"That is very kind, since I am new I would be happy to pay 35%," she smiles, quite pleased, and wanting to seem very grateful to her patron.

"Since you are of course my patron when would you like a first show to be ready? Most of the pieces for my skeleton collection are ready..."

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 pm

"As soon as the city is ready to celebrate, when those who killed so many are brought to justice, then I would love to throw a show."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 pm

"I will be ready Mrs. Scotts. Would you prefer I displayed all of the completed paintings where you can view them? Or leave them at home?" she asks, still amazed by the vast space.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:55 pm

"I will be ready Mrs. Scotts. Would you prefer I displayed all of the completed paintings where you can view them? Or leave them at home?" she asks, still amazed by the vast space.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:04 pm

"Its your space. Until then, do as you please. First though you have to sign." She holds out the clipboard.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:05 pm

Eva looks it over carefully one more time, hoping there is nothing nefarious hidden on the paper, she signs it.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:13 pm

Mrs. Scotts smiles, and hands her a copy.
"Now, if you will excuse me, I have other matters to attend to, and a good artist should get acquainted with the space."

She leaves.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:39 am

Eva goes to explore, then locks up when she is done looking, planning on painting at home and sculpting here while setting up the arrangements for the best artshow she has ever put on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down