Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder)

3 posters

Go down

Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder) Empty Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder)

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Randall Richardson, business suit and all, is watching the pack as they come from their territory to his. He told them to meet him at an abandoned house. He is sitting on the porch steps.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder) Empty Re: Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder)

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Moon is New.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder) Empty Re: Iron Master Initiation (ATTN: River's THunder)

Post by Midboss Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Ciaphas was walking towards the address. Allthough he didn't know the specifics, he knew that there was going to be a test before he was let it. Considering the nature of the tribe, there was a good chance some quick wits was going to be required. But he was mentaly prepared from almost anything.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox45 Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:43 pm

I guess this guy must be Randall. White Paws approaches him and asks, "Are you Randall?"
Fox45
Fox45

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:58 pm

"Yeah." He answers to White-Paws' question.

Rifle-Breaker arrives.

"This is the one." he shoves Ciaphas forward.

"Alright. You, Mordant. You think you've got what it takes to be an iron master?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:37 pm

"Pleased to meet you."

"Alright. You, Mordant. You think you've got what it takes to be an iron master?"

"There's only one way to find out."
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:24 pm

Randall wrinkles his nose at this.

"Alright, I've hidden in that house a black ant, it has been colored green. You have one day to find it. Good luck."

He walks away.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:51 am

"I bet none of us expected him to say that."

Ciaphas looked at the house, sort of with a slightly confused look.

"I've heard about some bizarre ways to get into societies or fraterneties, but this one takes the cake. Oh well, I'll be back in a few minutes."

Ciaphas walked away, towards the closest supermarket for the following items: 100 sheets of printer paper, glue, two loafs of white bread, 3 pots of jam, a small tuppenware box.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:40 am

Randall smiles and heads off. Rifle Breaker sets up a ward around the house, to keep anything else from coming inside (ward vs. predators).
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:14 pm

After coming back from the store with two plastic bags, he let them down. First things first: recon. Ciaphas opened the door and set to explore the house, getting a general idea of the rooms and layout. He was careful while doing so to not walk on any green ant.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:27 pm

no ants in the house, either green or otherwise. thickly carpeted floors, no furniture. 2 stories, ~5000 square feet.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm

This was going to be interesting... So, rather than go from the room to room he was going to use his brain. He disposed in each room the following contraption:
Paper with glue on it. As bait on the middle is a piece of white bread with jam on it. After all, it was common knowledge that ants loved picnics. If that ant was in the house, it would get caught in his traps.
Of course, he was keaping in mind the possibility that this whole thing was a setup. The green ant hunt sounded a lot that these bogus challenges in mythology... or saterday morning cartoons. If that was the case, he would get creative.
But right now, he just went around the house and opened every draw and container. Give a chance to this hypothetical bug to get out and find the traps.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:05 pm

It doesn't take an hour before black ants come out of holes in the walls, and get stuck in your trap. The survivors then clamber over the bodies of the dead, and cart away the food. no green ant detected.

Time remaining: 22 hours.

Rifle Breaker asks white paws "So, do you think he's going to be able to do it?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox45 Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:24 pm

"I'd like to think so, but I can't say for sure."
Fox45
Fox45

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:10 pm

Oh well, time to play the waiting game. Each ant colony had... millions of the buggers ? That was gonna be boring.... This was like good ol stakouts... Better get geared for that. So, renewing an age old cliché, he went to get some doughnuts and a thermos full of cofee.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm

(OOC, you are able to tell me when to stop narrating).

20 hours remain. Still no green bug. 18 hours. Replace bait. 16. 14. 12. Replace bait. 10. Still no green bug. 8. 6. No green ant, replace bait.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:45 pm

"Oh well, time to go to plan B."

When you couldn't win straight, you had to do what every good citizen did: cheat. The test was now obviously made for that. At least he pretended for a while to try to do the test straight. So he dropped to a modeling store (or a Games Workshop) and brought some green paint and a small brush. With that he painted one of the many ants he could get and put it in the small tuppenware box.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:55 pm

at exactly 23 hours and 59 minutes Randall shows up.

He stands and watches you, examining you for a full minute. He doesn't speak.

"Show me the ant."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:37 am

Ciaphas opened the small box showing the ant that had been painted green in the meantime.

"Here it is. I call it Kermit."
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:44 pm

The ant is dead, the paint having killed it a while ago.

"Huh, I thought I had painted it with a more foresty green. Perhaps some of it wore off."

He then takes you inside, along with your pack, and does the right of initiation on you.

After completing the rite, he then performs the right of hte spirit brand, to give you 2 dots of cunning and 1 dot of honor. (please change your tribe to Iron master, and pick your three gifts as per character creation rules).

Your pack congratulates you on the way out, and you all have a good time that night.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down