Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Visiting the Shadows

3 posters

Go down

Visiting the Shadows Empty Visiting the Shadows

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:24 pm

Erika steps out of the cab, and feels a cold chill run through her, as she makes her way up to the door of the chapterhouse, knocking politely and watching the street a little warily.

Visiting the Shadows Erikabanner
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Visiting the Shadows Empty Re: Visiting the Shadows

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Shadow answers the door with a smile. "Harpy Brady, please come in."

She opens the door wide to allow the woman to enter, then closes it behind her. She leads Erika to her personal library and closes that door as well. She motions for the woman to have a seat and then takes one herself.

"Can I get you anything?"

Visiting the Shadows Shadowbanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 pm

Erika takes the motioned seat, and leans back in it, letting her purse settle in her lap before she looks over to the other woman. "No..no thank you."

She waits a couple of moments, before speaking again. "The main reason I've come tonight...Prince Clarke..Asa..had some of the objects in the possession of Davis, Icarus, and Karsh when they were killed." Erika shudders lightly as she talks of this, another cold chill running down her body.

"Let's just say the experience was unpleasant, for them and to watch."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:22 pm

Shadow nods, looking concerned for Erika's well-being. "I would imagine final death is not pleasent for anyone. I will not ask you to recount the entire experience, but what is it about the experience that brought you to me?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:27 pm

" I learned a few things about our killer that might be helpful." She closes her eyes, trying not to relive the experience any longer.

"He is male, six foot tall, and old. Older than Frederick. Older than any kindred I've ever known." She falls silent for a moment, and then continues. "He also has our speed...and our claws."

She shakes her head, and the worst part of it comes to her mind, as another shiver runs from bottom to top. "It wasn't enough for him to just kill them...he destroyed them utterly. I was almost captured in that experience."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:34 pm

Shadow frowns. "He diablerized them. Ok, so we have a bit of a description, that is a start at least. I am syill unclear why you have come to me about this. The Prince has this description as well I can assume? The Sheriff will have it soon enough then." This last is said with a bit of irritation in her voice. "What do you need from me, Harpy Brady?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:46 pm

Erika shakes her head, "I apologize for his brashness in this, but you were the oldest that either of us could name. He thought you might have some insight on the behavior of the eldest of our kind."

She then leans back in the seat, looking a little more comfortable now that the experience is out of her mind for the moment. "I also had a question of my own for you...Leighanne, the charge you gave me...is more than a little uncomfortable with feeding just yet."

"I was hoping to get her used to blood first, before letting her onto the kine..better for not leaving bodies behind on accident." She smiles a little, still looking rather shaken, though. "If that's not plausible, however, I understand. It is a bit much to ask."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:55 pm

Shadow nods. "No, that is not a problem, I understand that situation. As for insight into our eldest kind, that is difficult to say. You see, each clan ages differently. Ventrue go insane, Nosferatu become much more reclusive, Gangrel usually end up meeting final death in a frenzy of beastial need, Daeva.......mostly suicide, as sad as that is. So, I would need to know more about this individual before I could give any conclusive information. I can say, however, that if he is diablerizing them, then chances are he is potent enough that he must consume vitae to survive. Most kindred that get to that point in their requiem do not destinguish between feeding and diablerie. If you have to take their vitae, and you know you are going to kill them, why not take their power and soul as well? Not like they'll need it once they're gone."

She shrugs and leans back in her chair. "Is there any other specifics you need?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:59 pm

"No, that's all, really." She crosses one leg over the other, and then frowns, "He had hoped between our two libraries, we might be able to find something on this man, although I feel that may lie more in your area of expertise. It was sheer luck that I found anything of use last time I scoured mine."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:42 pm

Shadow gives Erika a deviant smile. "Really? Well then, shall I take you to my library dear? Now, if I do, you must never speak of it to anyone. I am not supposed to show non-Dragons this library. So, you must give me your word."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Erika's eyes light up at the chance to see a new library, especially one so coveted as that of the Ordo Dracul. She smiles widely, and nods her head just slightly. "Of course, you've been quite good to me, I'd never betray that trust. Particularly for the chance to see such a..store of knowledge."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:18 pm

Shadow nods solemly, but Erika can see the excitement on her face. "Excellent. Let's go see what we can find then, shall we?" She stands and leads the woman out of the room and down the hall.

She enters the last room at the end of the hall and closes the door behind Erika. She then takes her to a large bookshelf stuffed with old mystery novels and runs her hand along the underside of one of the shelves. Erika hears a click and the shelf slides to the side revealing a dark staircase.

Shadow begins to decend the stair case. She has little need for the light at the bottem, but it is there none-the-less. At the bottom of the stairs is a large room. There are seven doors in this room. Shadow goes to the farthest door on the left and unlocks it. She opens the door wide and motions for Erika to enter.

As Erika walks through the door, her nose is assaulted by the wonderful smell of old paper and old leather. The room is extremely large, about the size of a small warehouse. The entire room is covered from floor to ceiling in shelves crammed with books. There are a few tables and comfortable chairs scattered here and there, but almost the entire room is filled with books. The lighting in here is a bit bright for Erika's taste, but perfect for reading old tombs.

"Hmmm, what area would serve us best at this point, do you think?" Shadow muses, looking along the rows and rows of books.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Erika follows Shadow down through the secret passageway, and shields her eyes a little from the bright light in the room she opens up at the end. It's then that the sights hit her, and she stands there in complete rapture for about two or three minutes, completely stunned at the amount of books here.

When she finally regains her composure, she steps into the room, following Shadow's lead. "Perhaps if there's anything on older supernatural communities in this area? I doubt he traveled all the way out here just for this, he must have been here already."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:04 am

Shadow nods, thinking about it. "Yes, you are right. Ok then, you take supernaturals over there," she motions off to her left and Erika can see different shelves labeled "supernals", "and I will take the city history area. Maybe there is some kind of record of a kindred fitting that description living here a long time ago."

((Need Intelligence + Academics, then Intelligence + Occult rolls please))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:12 am

Erika makes her way to the motioned shelf, and starts looking through the books for any that might be useful.

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:38 pm

During Erika's research, she does not find a whole lot with other supernaturals in reference to kindred. There are a few recorded instances of them working together but they are far between and there is not a lot of information about exactly what happened.

She does find a few descriptions of creatures that sound like they could be the culprit for the murders, however other then a possible type of 'willworker', none of these creatures seem (or are rumored to be) intelligent enough for this kind of precise murder.

There are also no major figures of note in any other supernal history that Shadow has collected that fits the description of what Erika saw in her vision.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Erika looks up from the last book she pulled off the shelf, and leans back in the chair. "Not a thing. You'd think someone would have recorded something about this guy..."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:11 pm

Shadow looks up from her books and shrugs. "They wouldn't if he wasn't a part of their community or if he didn't go on a killing spree slaughtering them. Can't record what you don't know. Although, I have found something interesting."

She picks up the book and brings it over to where Erika is sitting, settling down next to her. She points to a particular passage. "It says here that some of the first vampires may very well still be around. If they are, it is speculated that they would have found deep dark holes to sleep in for however long. It is also speculated that they could wake up at any time and would still be extremely powerful, not sufferring the same set backs that the rest of us do. It also states that the America's is seen as a good hiding place for the old ones, since it would not have been developed a lot when they decided to sleep."

She picks up another book and brings it over as well. "And, this here gives a description of Dracula himself. Take a look at this."

Passage reads:

The man was known to be tall for his time, standing around 6'1 with dark black hair, should length and dark blue eyes that always had a menacing cast to them.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Erika reads the passage after Shadow shows it to her, and then looks at the description a couple of times, trying to remember something. She shakes her head just slightly, and leans back again.

"That certainly fits the description we have so far...although the last anyone heard of a person going by the name Dracula, it was in Eastern Europe. That was long before anyone permanently settled here, however."

She closes the book she had out, and frowns, "If he is one of the progenitors, though...we're going to have a lot of work on our hands. Has Asa told you about the willworkers yet?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Shadow frowns, that same irritated note coming into her voice as earlier. "No, I am not the female he speaks to." She leans back in her chair, thinking. "Although, I had suspected we had some in the city, it was never confirmed. I wonder if there are any were-creatures here as well? Why they would help us at all, I can't even imagine. Maybe we should look in the recent news to see if there have been any similer deaths to what we have seen already?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:46 pm

"He confirmed it when I spoke with him." She hmms at Shadow's suggestion, "I know Mrs. Scotts is looking into some possibilities, but I haven't heard anything coming of it yet."

She crosses her legs under the table, and looks at the book again, "I haven't had a chance to check the news myself though, there might be something that she missed."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:58 pm

"Well it's a start at least." She says, standing up and returning to her table to grab a few more books before bringing them back to Erika. She takes the chair across from the woman. "I have a few more books here on Sacramento's history as far as the kindred are concerned and a few more books on the kindred old ones. Which would you like?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:00 am

Erika looks thoughtful for a moment, and then holds out her hand, "Let's take another look at the old ones. Perhaps there's more on Dracula; he's the closest description we've got."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Shadow pulls her phone out of her pocket with an apologetic smile to Erika. "This is Shadow, how may I help you?"

She hands Erika a few of the books as she listens to the person on the other end of the line.

Need Intel + Academics and Intel + Occult please.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:03 pm

Marius arrived at the Ordo Dracul's house only a few minutes after having gotten off the phone with Shadow. He entered, and walked straight for the library.

He had a feeling it was going to be a good night.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:46 pm

The books Erika pawed through did not give a lot more insight into the elusive Dracula. However, they did speculate that the old ones were said to not have any specific chosen clan at the beginning of kindred walking the earth. They had access to all of the powers and most of them were masters in them all. It was not until later that they split themselves into separate clans and took one power to covet as their own.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:47 pm

Shadow stood in the large room waiting for Marius. As soon as she saw him, she motioned him over to her and waited for him to enter her library. "Come on in. Erika and I were just getting started."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:12 am

"Good evening, Shadow. It is good to see you again."

As Marius followed her down the passage he couldn't help but mention this.
"I don't remember Erika being an Ordo Dracul member..." he said with a warm smile on his face.
He not only had his full confidence in Shadows decision of whom she admitted to the Ordo's Libraries, but he himself was not high ranking enough to challenge or question her decision, had he wanted to.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:11 pm

Shadow smiles. "Oh she isn't........yet. But I am working on it. Besides, she is a scholar as well and if the woman is going to try and help the city by looking for information, she should at least have a decent library to do it with."

She leads Marius into the library and motions to Erika. "Harpy Brady, this is Primogen Marius. He has come to assist us in our research."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Erika stands, and bows her head politely to Marius. "Good evening." She just gives Shadow a strange, but unassuming look at the mention of working on it, but she just shrugs and picks up the last book she had open. "This book speculates that some of the oldest might have access to any given power, and master of any or all of the ten base powers given our kind."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Shadow nods. "That could very well be possible. If this is one of the First, then he is certainly much older then I am. Which is rather scary if you think about it." A slight shiver runs down her spine. Shadow knew very few kindred as old as her.

"Does it say anything about maybe the feeling an old one radiates, if anything? I mean, do you think it could be related to that sense of dread veryone felt a week or so ago?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Erika shakes her head, "No, although it stands to reason that they might either possess a more powerful beast than that which we control, or that they might possess none at all."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:54 am

"Good evening, Harpy Brady." Marius greeted her in turn, and listened to what they had found out so far.
His eyes widened slightly at the mention of something so old, that it transcended the very clans themselves, but in truth it simply fueled his curiosity.
"I have been researching the source of our existence, ever since I've joined the Ordo Dracul, so perhaps I can help.
I've also been around for quite a while..." he added with a smile.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:23 pm

Shadow looks at Marius. "Oh well then, please tell us what it is you have learned with your research?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:09 pm

Erika looks up from the book she's holding, nodding to Shadow as she waits for Marius to speak.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Marius thought about it for a while, but didn't know where to start.
"I would need to know more, so that I can narrow it down. Each Clan is believed to date back, to even before the Camarialla was formed in Ancient Rome. Then there are those, who claim to have originated from no clan, such as our founder Dracula."
He thought for another moment before continuing.

"We all felt the presence of something powerful. So that leaves us with two possibilities. The first, is that this was the power of a beast, the second, that this was an ability of the blood. If we assume the former, then that would either mean this Vampire has been around for a very long time, and has managed to remain hidden all this time - which I believe to be doubtful at best - or he has only recently awoken. This in turn would mean that the potency of his blood has not diminished. A feat not easily performed."
The Coils of the Dragons could get close to such a result, changing the very nature of how the blood behaved and what it demanded; thus it wasn't far fetched to believe this a possible Coil.

He would keep this train of thought to himself for now, as he did not know how far Erika was initiated into the Ordo's possibilities.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:42 pm

Shadow nods, considering Marius' words. "What you say sounds very plausable, and probably the right direction to go in. Maybe we should be looking at what has happened in this area before Sacramento was ever here?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Erika nods at Shadow, "The Sacramento Valley has been populated by the European explorers since the early 1800s." She frowns and starts looking through the books on the table again.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat May 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Erika puts down the phone, and shakes her head. "Much more of this, and we're going to run short of kindred. Lioni and Seraphina are dead."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun May 03, 2009 6:06 am

"How unexpected." Marius couldn't see a pattern to these killings yet. There were several possibilities: he was after the heads of cities most influential, and the Hound and Seraphina were just collateral damage, he was looking for the oldest of our kind, perhaps for sustenance, or there was no pattern, and he was just a sadistic bastard. He did not believe in the latter. It didn't feel like that was the case.

"Has it at least given us any more information on the perpetrator?" He asked, with sympathy in his voice.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 06, 2009 8:24 pm

"Not particularly. Or at least, none that Asa said yet."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 06, 2009 8:28 pm

Erika picks up her phone again, and shakes her head as she types. "They're on their way here. Let's head upstairs."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Shadow nods. "Most certainly, follow me." She leads the way back through the hallway and up the stairs so Erika does not get lost.

Resume here:

The Chapter House + Revelation (ATTN: Lots)
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum