Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The power of Oprah

5 posters

Go down

The power of Oprah Empty The power of Oprah

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 06, 2009 11:16 pm

So apparently Miss Winfrey offered up a coupon you could print online that was good for a free meal at Kentucky Fried Chicken. And as always seems to happen with the Big O reaches out to touch this plane of mere mortals, she underestimated the power of her disciples.
KFCs are being deluged with coupons, and many of them stopped accepting them sometime during the day. They have chicken available, but only for paying customers. Several restaurants have reported mob scenes and near-riots, and police have had to come to some locations. People with coupons who were denied chicken have threatened to attack and beat people who actually pay for it.
Since I have one not a hundred yards from my place, I took a walk over to survey the scene. The dining area? Packed. The waiting area after you've placed your order? Packed. The line itself? Oh you better believe it was packed. The staff was constantly on the move, a couple in their 60s were arguing with a teenage employee about the contents of their meal, and everyone looked grumpy. Thanks, Oprah!
Best part of all: this promotion has another week to go.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

The power of Oprah Empty Re: The power of Oprah

Post by Benjamin Wed May 06, 2009 11:31 pm

All I can add in response are links to two different news stories.
Oprah Viewers Patiently Awaiting Instructions
Oprah Launches Own Reality
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 06, 2009 11:48 pm

Lol, nice. I'd seen the Awaiting Instructions one before, but missed Own Reality.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox45 Thu May 07, 2009 12:21 am

Perhaps this is just a test. To see if Opera would be able to lead the revolution. And lead it with chicken apparently.
Fox45
Fox45

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Thu May 07, 2009 12:23 am

And bad chicken at that. Very Happy
Law
Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeolus Thu May 07, 2009 1:20 am

Scary nevertheless.
I mean, image what would happen if she wanted to become the revolution-born queen of the American masses?
: /
Aeolus
Aeolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum