Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blowing off steam... (Attn: anyone at Asylum)

+5
West
Benjamin
shouldabeenadog
Soul
BloodiedClaws
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blowing off steam... (Attn: anyone at Asylum) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blowing off steam... (Attn: anyone at Asylum)

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 2:43 pm

(( 24 hours passed and Soul posted here so I'm resuming Dog. ))

Dog looks at Roxie with a curious look. "Bit old for guessin' games, darlin'," he says, walking out with Mateo.

Walking around to the alley, he checks to make sure the Primogen hasn't followed -- no sense in flaunting a Breach.

"I'm what The People call a Wolf-of-the-Blood, or Bloody Wolf," he tells the other man matter-of-factly.

"I'm also claiming this club and block as territory -- lemme know if we need to 'work it out', otherwise I'm gonna smoke," he said, fishing his pack and lighter out.

Back to top Go down

Blowing off steam... (Attn: anyone at Asylum) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blowing off steam... (Attn: anyone at Asylum)

Post by BloodiedClaws Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 pm

"Bloody Wolf? I've heard rumours of your kind but always thought it was just that, a rumor. I mean vampires? No way they could be real."

Mateo laughs softly, thinking how ironic what he's saying is.

"Lemme ask you something, my pack just lost three of our kind. Have the... Vampires? lost any of their kinda as well?"
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu May 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Roxie follows the pair out, since regardless of whichever face got called she would have claimed that that's the one that she designated as 'follow them', she follows at a discrete distance, not really hiding, more like 'I'm following you and don't give a shit if you know it'. She does wait around a corner while they talk where she can hear them talk though.

Intresting.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Dog went ahead and lit his cigarette since it didn't look like Righty had an issue with his claim. Seeing the shadow outside the alley, he walked over and looked at Roxie, making sure it wasn't Pretty Claws.

"If you're gonna listen in, be useful and make sure that other guy doesn't," he said, before returning to Mateo.

"Yeah, we're real," he said, as he walked back over. Dog took a long drag, and thought about what Mateo had just said, and what he had been thinking about himself the other night.

"We had some killed, too," he exhaled slowly. "Somebody's huntin'. I'm guessin' crazy fast and crazy strong."

"I'm sorry you lost pack," he added.

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Thu May 14, 2009 8:21 pm

"Thank you." Mateo says in reply to Dog's sympathy at his loss. He also lights a cigarette, taking a long drag. He thinks for a second before continuing.

"Are your people planning to hunt this thing? I have every intention of calling for blood, maybe the People could join in your cause as well?"
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Roxie just lit another cigarette, leaned against a wall and waited.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 pm

"I think so, but I'm not sure," Dog replied, glancing at the alley's openings again.

"I'm a little fish in a big pond, if you get what I'm sayin', I ain't privy to much," he explained. "I got a couple I can ask about it, but I don't even know if they know about The People. I know what packs can do, and I'll tell 'em. If we ain't goin' after him, though, I'll run with you. I lost a friend, too."

This was better than Dog had hoped. He had figured he'd have to do some bargaining to get a pack to help.

Now what the hell would Veritas say when he told her there were werewolves in the city?

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Thu May 14, 2009 10:09 pm

"My pack aint much after the loss, but I'd be glad to have you roll with us. I can see if any of the other packs are willing to join the hunt. Here, this is my cell number, lemme know if you got anything on this thing, and I'll do the same. My name is Mateo by the way and yours is?"

Mateo slips a phone out of his pocket, waiting to see if Dog has one as well.
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Dog took the card and looked at it curiously.

A werewolf with a business card? Times were changing.

"Name's Dog," he answered, "Or at least that's what I've gone by for years. Ain't got a card, half the time I don't have a phone. Once I find out something, I'll give you a shout, we can figure out the details."

"I also ain't supposed to be talking about what I am, or the others, so I'd be obliged if you kept it under your hat, and also let your cousins know I've claimed this block -- ain't much," he shrugged, "So shouldn't none have issue with it. What's your pack claimed?" he asked.

Respect was a two way street.

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Thu May 14, 2009 10:55 pm

"Most of the land north of J street and east of 80 is what we claim. Up untill you hit the water, then its Pure lands. Dont worry about me spilling info about your kind, we keep secrets too." He says with a smile.
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 am

Marius followed Roxy out of the club, as she was obviously following the others as well.
He saw her lean up against a wall next to an alley where the others had just moved inside. Marius realized that if things went South, Mateo wouldn't stand a chance. He was also curious about their connection though. Mateo had said something about The People, and how Dog moved like them, and had their eyes... intriguing.

Marius turned away from Roxy and swiftly moved into an empty alley running parallel to the other. Within the beat of a human heart he was airborne, his leathery wings lifting him over the roof within a matter of moments.
He landed just shy of the next alley's wall, so no one from below could see him, and let his now phenomenal hearing catch the words echoing from below.
"I'm sorry you lost pack..."
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2009 10:50 am

Dog nodded, satisfied. "Alrighty, I'll let you know when I hear something. Right now I gotta take Kool-Aid to meet the same person I hafta talk to about a mutual hunt, so...", he finished with a shrug.

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Fri May 15, 2009 1:09 pm

"Gotcha, I also need to go talk to my packmate, and see where we stand right now."

Mateo says nodding to the man, before turning to leave. As he cut around the corner he saw "kool-aid" and gives her a nod before making his way back home.
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Dog followed Mateo out of the alleyway, stopping by KB. "You ready to go meet Veritas?" he asked, as if nothing had happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri May 15, 2009 2:09 pm

When the conversation ended, Marius took flight once more. He looped back to the empty alley he had come from, and came out of his bat form in a casual walk. He turned the corner just as Dog talked to the girl.
"Dog, we need to talk." He said calmly, as he walked up to him, coming to a stop about five feet from him.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 15, 2009 2:39 pm

((I'm actually waiting on Frost for a response))
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat May 16, 2009 9:35 pm

((Ok peeps I am gonna need a Stealth + Dex roll from Marius, and perception rolls from everyone else. SO sorry about the wait. Work is completely kicking my butt right now and I am trying my best not to get sick again due to lack of sleep. Thank you SO much for your patience with me!))
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 17, 2009 3:28 am

(( 6 successes ))
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 11:32 am

Laura pulls up outside the Asylum club she has heard through the grapevine, seriously pissed off but resolved to stay and make the most of the city she met her Sire.

Not really paying much attention, she lets her Buell rest not too far from the building and enters the club, wearing her normal attire of black and pink biking leathers, her helmet tucked under one arm. Looking for the bar, Laura takes a seat and orders something deep red that burns the back of her gullet.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 11:44 am

Jack calmly entered Asylum, his thoughts occupied by the state of everything. Being the only member of a covenate was bad news, you might as well just be unalighned. But at the moment, he needed a drink. anything would do.

Having a look around the place, he spotted Laura hanging around the bar. Well, thats one hell of a coincidence. He though as he took a seat next to her. "Hey, didn't expect you to be here." He said before ordering the hardest drink they had in the place.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Laura takes a second before realising who it was, standing and giving him a massive bear hug that lasts an uncomfortable few seconds.

"Damn Jack, where the fuck have you been? I thought you were ash, man!" Her voice is quite tough but the relief is palapable.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Little too close there... he though as the hug lasted alot longer than he would have assumed for an aquatence. "Na, I'm still around. Been running around the city looking for everyone." He said as he paid off the bartender. "Can't seem to get any calls to Reed. Know where the hell he went?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Laura retakes her seat and simply shrugs. "Nope, nothing. He went out of the haven and I ain't seen shit of him since." She takes another drink and offers one to Jack. "What you found so far?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 1:05 pm

"Pretty much the same on my end. Our german friend thought it would be funny as fuck to sail off." He muttered as stared at the drink. "With Reed gone doing nothing and the Movement down to one member, I'm pretty much the head of it here." He said as he took a mouthfull of alcohol.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 1:11 pm

"Lucky you," she teases.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 1:24 pm

"Maybe if I wasn't the only one. Like a kid ruling a little hill or some shit like that." He said with a shrug as he downed the rest of his drink. "Planning on rebuilding it as soon as possible. Interested in helping or have you had enough with the Movement?" He asked with a slight smile spreading on his lips.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 1:45 pm

"I'm sorry, I'll tell you what I told Reed; No Covenant's for me, at least not yet. But I will help you, Jack, you can count on that. You get a plan, I'll back you one hundred percent."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 1:53 pm

"Thats all I really need. I'm flying blind with all the shit thats happened." He said as he leaned against the bar. "You know any places that might make a good haven? Need to start looking."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm

"Hmmm, it may be in bad taste for me to stay at Ace's place so, in short, nope, not a fucking clue." The frustration suddenly caught in her throat, a low growl coming forth from the last word. "You got much money?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 2:19 pm

"Some, but I doubt it would be enough to rent a place long term at the moment. Right now I'm staying at The Clare. Though there is a unspecified deadline to get my own place soon." Jack said as he remembered that problem.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 2:23 pm

"That's our first issue then," happy to have a focus once more. "Getting a base to work from. I have a bit of money from an accident last year, so it can go towards a little place. We just need to decide where to settle that has a garden and garage." She jests, finally feeling her humour return.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 2:43 pm

Jack nodded, he was surprised how quick things were progressing. "Well then. After this we start hunting to a place that we can agree on."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sun May 17, 2009 2:56 pm

"Sure thing, pretty eyes, let's go shopping." She downs another shot, before picking up her helmet and smiling to Jack. "You want a ride? My bike's round the corner."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun May 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Jacks eyes seem to light up at the though of this. "Sure. I don't have a probelm with that."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Spoiler:
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Noticing the bat, Dog quickly ushers Mateo back into the club, where
they very quickly have their conversation, while watching the door.

Coming back out, Dog asks Roxie if she's ready to see Veritas as Mateo leaves

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 2:50 pm

"Totally." She gives the bat a dirty look and briefly considers cursing it, but she would rather get the fuck out of here now than get involved in a long mess that would take precious time out of her night.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 2:54 pm

Dog and Roxie get into a cab that was dropping off a group that looked suspiciously like the KLF and they leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQLord Tue May 19, 2009 11:04 am

Max walks up to the club, he'd taken a bus and walked the rest of the way, for some reason postponing what he knew was coming. Mingling with humans was perhaps not perfect but at least you didn't constantly feel the need to either flee or tear their throat out. Other vampires never failed to drive home the point that he, in fact, was a predator.

Idling a moment in front of Elysium, Max finally enters. He scans those present and -unbelievably- he actually spots one of the Movement. Max'd been on an extended leave of absence -hadn't seen them for about two months in fact- but maybe there'd be no hard feelings.

The guy's back he was sneaking up on -no, walking up to- belonged to Jack, a particularly tasty looking fellow, and the girl's neck he was with... Beating the Beast down before his teeth elongated Max changed his course -so they could see him approach- waved to them and slowly walked over, giving them the opportunity to wrap up or hush whatever they were talking about.

"Yo, what's up, guys?" Max asks casual-like as he halts next to them.

Noticing the two are about ready to leave Max adds.
"Can I talk to you for a sec, Jack?"

BBQLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue May 19, 2009 11:16 am

Jack was trying his best to keep his beast under control. The urge to flee was strong, but manageable. After taking a second to calm himself down and stop gripping the bar he turned to him. "Do I know you mate?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue May 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Laura was just slipping her biking helmet on when she turns to see Jack in conversation with some new Kindred, her own Beast hiding beneath her active Mask. Seeing Jack's reaction to him, Laura becomes tense as her Savage hallmarks kick in.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQLord Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 am

What the hell? The guy wasn't pulling his leg, the instinctive reaction was far too real to be fake. Which meant he didn't know Max.

When Max had laid eyes on him, just how strongly had the Beast reacted? ...He couldn't really say, it'd been the first time in months that he'd even seen a Kindred. Who was to say Max didn't know this man? That was the main problem with Torpor, aside from the crippling nightmares and waking up starved, it scrambled your brain in ways not even drugs could accomplish.

Max seemed to remember someone who looked like this man and was called Jack. But was it a memory? Or fiction concocted by his slumber? Maybe his last feed had been a little more under the influence than Max had anticipated. This was getting way too weird way too fast. He'd heard stories about Elders who slept and came back unhinged. Was Max completely bat shit crazy? He needed some certainties and he needed them fast.

"Just so we're on the same page; you are Jack?" Max asked before he added, almost pleadingly, "With the Movement?"

BBQLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu May 21, 2009 4:41 am

Jack just looked at the Vampire before him with a slightly confused look. Did this guy drink from a crack head or something? "...Yeah mate, Jacks my name. How the hell you know my name I'll never know. And yes, I'm with the movement. Hell, I'm practically the only one in the Movement since Assan carked it along with his right hand girl and Hyland." He was hoping this guy was with the movement, though by the looks of things, he was Waaay out of it.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQLord Thu May 21, 2009 5:43 am

Max sat down.

What the HELL? So much for certainties, I guess.

"I'm sure I don't quite catch your drift. What do you mean 'practically the only one in the Movement'? What happened to Asaan and Seraphina? Reed? Julia, Elle, Wrench?"

BBQLord

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQLord Thu May 21, 2009 5:46 am

Max feels particularly displeased, distressed even, and isn't of a mind to hide it in either voice or posture.

BBQLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu May 21, 2009 6:04 am

Jack rolled his eyes. Wasn't he paying attention?

"Like I just said mate. Assan, Seraphina and probally reed have been ashed. The other three you mentioned either left or suffered a simmilar fate. You are stareing right at all thats left of the movement." There was no hint in his voice that he was kidding.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQLord Thu May 21, 2009 6:38 am

Max had been intent on joining the Movement, on giving his unlife a measure of meaning. All those hours of whining before he made up his mind ...only to find the entire Movement had been reduced to only so much ashes.

"But... how? I wasn't gone that long."

Oh, get a grip Maximiliaan.

"No, never mind."

Max looked over, sizing Jack up. If this was all that was left on the Movement, it was in deep shit.

...No, they were in deep shit. Max had obsessed over this decision for months. He needed something to hold back the unrelenting ennui of existence. He needed something meaningful in his unlife and had decided it would be the Movement. Just because the Carthians were dead didn't mean the Movement was.

And in a way this might be a blessing in disguise. What cause would be worthier then to reinvigorate the Movement and make it what it was meant to be? Max mentally kicked himself for thinking of his fallen comrades thus, they'd been the closest thing to friends he'd had in years.

"All that's left of the Movement? Not anymore. I came to make my membership official -or whatever passes for official if it's just you and me- and unless you're of a mind to deny me I would say we just doubled the Movement's numbers."

Max extended his hand for a thorough shaking.

BBQLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu May 21, 2009 7:42 am

"With the Movement as it is, I cannot turn away anyone willing to join." Jack said as he gave Laura a "I'll be there in a sec" look. "Listen mate. If your going to stay with the Movement, you need to help me bring this Covenant back to life. I need you to be an active member and bring others to the Movement. Got it?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by BBQLord Thu May 21, 2009 8:56 am

Max's response is without hesitation and eerily serene in it's intense honesty.

"I intend to give myself to the Movement without reserve."

Max, his still and steady hand still extended, waits.

BBQLord

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu May 21, 2009 9:45 am

Jack smiled as he took hold of the Kindreds hand and gave it a firm shake. "That good news mate. Untill we can get the movement back in order, I'll be your Prefect since I'v seen the way many of them work. Give me your number and I'll give you mine. We'll stay in contact while I find a new place for us to get together. Sound good?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next