Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member questions...

2 posters

Go down

New member questions... Empty New member questions...

Post by druidspath Tue May 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Hello all,

I hope I got the right forum for this post... If I didnot I appologize in advance.
My name is Bill David, and I recently joined the Twilight Valley forum. My ST (Lexi) and I are a day or two away from finishing my changeling charcter and I had a few questions regarding this or that and how they are handled on this forum. I have played by Email, but never by post before...

1.) When in combat, after initiative is rolled, is it necessary for us to wait untill our turn in initiative to post our action? And if so, will the ST inform us of our order of action? or should I simply post when convenient once a new round has started? I dont want to step out of turn, but I would hate to hold up action/play for everyone else simply becuase i am busy with work and kids and so forth...

2.) The site, as I have found has a nice handy dice roller. When we use the roller, is there an option to automatically PM the roll to the ST and/or, or should we simply cut and paste the roll to the ST and to the Forum where pertinant?

3.) I have looked and not found a link that will show me my current Charcter Sheet. Should I have printed this out, or can I view it on line somewhere here? Did I miss something?

Thank you all for any input.

Rev. Bill David
druidspath
druidspath

Back to top Go down

New member questions... Empty Re: New member questions...

Post by West Tue May 12, 2009 10:07 pm

1.) When in combat, after initiative is rolled, is it necessary for us to wait untill our turn in initiative to post our action? And if so, will the ST inform us of our order of action? or should I simply post when convenient once a new round has started? I dont want to step out of turn, but I would hate to hold up action/play for everyone else simply becuase i am busy with work and kids and so forth...

Answer: Yes, it is necessary to roll initiative. The ST will inform you of what order you all will go in. Then, the posting will commence in order.

2.) The site, as I have found has a nice handy dice roller. When we use the roller, is there an option to automatically PM the roll to the ST and/or, or should we simply cut and paste the roll to the ST and to the Forum where pertinant?

Answer: Unfortunately, my dice roller isn't cool enough to have an automatic PM the ST button. So, cutting and pasting a PM is the best option,l unless the ST prefers the roll to be posted in the thread.

3.) I have looked and not found a link that will show me my current Charcter Sheet. Should I have printed this out, or can I view it on line somewhere here? Did I miss something?

Answer: We do suggest you keep a copy of the character sheet you send to your ST. We don't generally allow everyone to view those. If you ask one of the admins or your ST, we can PM that character back to you, or tell you the numbers you need when making a roll.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down