Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Trek

+2
Premsyl
jmiland1
6 posters

Go down

Star Trek Empty Star Trek

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Anyone seen this? I saw it last night.

Good flick, although I didn't care for Sylar as Spock. I really liked the way they focused on the whole crew, and let everyone shine.

Chekov and Sulu rocked.

I can't remember the last time I was at a movie (not even on opening weekend) and there was applause at the end.

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Empty Re: Star Trek

Post by jmiland1 Sat May 16, 2009 3:48 pm

West wrote:
Chekov and Sulu rocked.

I'm glad to hear you say that. I've never been a huge Trek fan, but I may go see this movie, and oddly enough the actor who plays Chekov is one of the draws for me. He's pretty young but I've seen Anton Yelchin in a few things, and he's a pretty good actor. I was afraid maybe he was pushed off to the side in this movie (because it's not like Chekov is anybody's favorite) so I'm glad to hear he gets to have some presence.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Oh, he was great. Just awesome, awesome, to see why each of the 'scenery' pieces (Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu) were on the Federation's flagship.

on a side note, saw the theatrical trailer for Tranformers 2. Could Megan Fox be any hotter? She's actually getting hotter with each month that passes. It's ridonkulous. She may take the hottest hottie ever title away from Denise Richards in Wild Things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sat May 16, 2009 4:33 pm

Great movie. Saw it the opening afternoon. I loved Simon Pegg as Scotty. Awesome seeing him in something more serious than Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, even if his character was the silliest in the film.

Transformers trailer, Megan Fox. Totally hot. That clip of her laying on top of the motorcycle. Jeezum Crow.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat May 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Saw the midnight showing the day it opened extremely awesome. I liked this spock, he wasn't as wallpapery as I feared, he had some texture to him.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat May 16, 2009 5:05 pm

As a long-time Trek fan who had been pretty disappointed with everything Trek since around the end of DS9, I thought it was a fantastic film. It had the right feel and hit all the right notes. One really can't ask for a better Trek film, and Abrams showed that he knows and understands what Trek is all about.

And possibly the most amazing thing was...
Spoiler:

The Trek franchise badly needed some new blood pumped into it, and it got that in a big way. Highly recommended.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat May 16, 2009 5:21 pm

On the transfusion scale, I give this it 5 pints. Kept half the good blood, but replaced the bad blood. They cut some good things, but those good things came with icky icky strings. Like coral reef feed strings. So, overall. Happy.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by HAKaeverak Sat May 16, 2009 6:04 pm

DaevaDude wrote:As a long-time Trek fan who had been pretty disappointed with everything Trek since around the end of DS9, I thought it was a fantastic film.
I like you.
HAKaeverak
HAKaeverak

Back to top Go down

Post by deltadream Sun May 17, 2009 12:01 pm

I loved it. I went to see it with my boyfriend and I think he puts it well when he says that the movie did awesome homage to the genre of Star Trek and their fans. But at the same time they did what they needed to do - they broke away from the restrictions that said genre (ie: canon) inflicts on Star Trek movies and went back to just making awesome films.
deltadream
deltadream

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 6:26 pm

So what we're basically saying is that soon (relatively)  the earth will be destroyed because the original crew never saved the whales.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 18, 2009 11:32 pm

West wrote:So what we're basically saying is that soon (relatively)  the earth will be destroyed because the original crew never saved the whales.

Only in some realities. But they did save the whales in an infinite number of others. Plus in a few Kirk and Spock were female.

Ah, the wonders of the many worlds theorem.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 18, 2009 11:36 pm

DaevaDude wrote:Ah, the wonders of the many worlds theorem.

Or slash fanfic Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 am

DaevaDude wrote: Plus in a few Kirk and Spock were female.

Okay, you finally found a way to get me interested in Star Trek.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum