Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Regime

Go down

New Regime Empty New Regime

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:46 am

Well, this wasn’t going to be awkward or anything…

“Clark, James, Christensen, may I help you?”

“Hi, may I speak with Mr. Christensen”

“I’m sorry, he’s in a meeting. Can I put you through to his voice mail? Or take a message?”

Antoinette thought for a moment. “Oh, well, just tell him Antoinette called when you get a chance, no big rush.”

“Hold on, just a moment, I see his office clearing right now, I’ll put you through.”

Right.

“Toni! How’s my little girl! Where have you been keeping yourself? Jen and I never hear back from you anymore, the kids miss you – we’ve been leaving messages trying to get a hold of you. We’ve been worried, kiddo.”

“Well, I don’t know. Things have been really busy with the business and stuff. I’ve met a lot of great new people, been traveling, you know – I’m 24, that’s what I’m suppose to be doing, right?”

“I know, sweetheart. It’s just when…” he didn’t finish the sentence. “Well, you know, we haven’t heard from you lately and we all miss you a lot. Plus, who’s this guy you’ve been hanging around with? Are you guys serious or something? He’s got his people all up in your Dad’s financials and he’s weirding me out.”

Well. Here it was. “Tom, They’re not my Dad’s financials anymore, they’re mine.”

“But Toni, how long have you known this guy? What is he to you?”

There was an excellent question. “I’ve known him for years. We’re incredibly close, and he means everything to me. He’s helping me direct the business side of my life, and his businesses are already so complex, that having two sets of teams is just making it more complicated than it needs to be.”

“What are you saying Toni?”

“I’m saying that I am going to hire a new manager to handle just Lash, which I need to do immediately. I’ve been dragging my feet on that. But as far as all my other financial ventures go, I need to part ways with CJC. Quinton’s team will take over as soon as we get all the paperwork signed over. I’ll forward you an address you can fed-x the documents for signing, and I trust you’ll get that taken care of as quickly as possible.”

Tom is silent for a moment. “You are making a huge mistake, girl. He is taking you for a ride. How could the daughter Philippe Coeur de Lion make such a ridiculous mistake? He’s USING you. You’re the heiress to multi-millions Toni! You know that. You’re going to be left penniless.”

“Are you through?” She gave him her coldest, hardest voice. “Good. I’ll make sure you receive the address within the next 24 hours. Goodbye Tom.”

She quickly hit the button on her phone so he couldn’t get any more ugly words in. Truthful words? She rested her head in her hand and felt one more piece of her mortal life slip helplessly through her fingers.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum