Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Search for Trees

2 posters

Go down

The Search for Trees Empty The Search for Trees

Post by Khalvin Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Andrew made his way to Southside park on orders from Matthew. Once there he took his time looking around, starting from the corner of T and 6th. He wanted to get a feel for the real park before glancing past the gauntlet.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

The Search for Trees Empty Re: The Search for Trees

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Moon is full. The place looks less like a park and more like a woodland. The original paths have been maintained. However, the trees are much larger than the surrounding neighborhood's, and they cast darker shadows than you think they out to. As for the pond and the island; the pond is green with life, while the island is an inscrutable forest of trees. There are a few swan boats that are submeged at the shallow end of the pond, their swan necks sticking above water like reeds.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Andrew makes his way just past the tree line and concentrates a little.

Spoiler:

His left eye fades away, leaving a starry void. He scans the nearby trees first and then moves towards the lake.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 pm

This is what a forest should look like. Except for the utter lack of spirits and all that. Motes a plenty, but nothing stronger than that. As you move towards the lake, the motes change as you would expect them. As for the other side of the gauntlet, the trees there are even thicker than on the physical side when it comes to the island. The shadows they cast are impenetrable.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:37 pm

Andrew stands on the shore of the small lake wondering how to cross. He begins to cile the shore, looking for any boats or bridges other the sunk swans.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:48 pm

The pond isn't terribly deep, but you will have to swim for about 10 feet of it. No other way across.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:33 am

With no way to cross and no floating vessel to farry his behind. Andrew sucked it up like a man and plunged into the water with his empty wallet and harmonica in hisdingy shirt pocket. Only after he was away from shore a few feet did he realize he hadn't made sure nothing waited for him inside the lake. He panicked a little, wondering what would jump out and eat him.

Dividing his attention always made him jumpy. The unreal and twisted vision across the gauntlet always put the real world off center; similar in way to how watching a movie in 3D was different then watching it in two dimensions. With this in mind he regained his composure and continued across, feeling a little ashamed and embarrassed for the lapse of reason.

A wry thought came to mind; at least he was finally able to wash his clothes.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:40 am

Your hand brushes through some reeds and other underwater foliage. otherwise, no issues. When you arrive on the other side, a neraly impenetrable wall of trees and bushes obstructs your path. You can only see a few few into the forest on both sides before it becomes too dark.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:54 am

After wasting so much time circling the lake Andrew decides tro forge head-long into the woods. His wet, cold clothing greatly impacting the decision.
Andrew does the best he can to find an opening through the trees hoping he doesn't fall into a patch of thorns. He does his best to keep his Twin sight in focus. After all this work it would be a pain to miss anything important.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:13 am

Things seem to be going well. Its pitch black, but you feel your way through the tress just fine. Unfortunately, you hit a root with your foot and fall. When you rise again, you realize a few things.
1. It is totally pitch black, on both sides.
2. You are lost
3. You are alone

And then you realize that there is the sound of rustling, like two tree trunks slowly scraping against each other. You can't pinpoint the sound. The sound revereberates in your bones.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 pm

Andrew starts to panic again. No light from Luna, One one to help him. He feels a need to run, to get away and go back his simple; easy life.
Andrew is getting jumpy again. He can go on and complete the task. Focus. The sound of moving trees in unnerving, but he is unable to verify which side of the gauntlet it comes from. With a bit of concentration he takes on his Urhan shape and all of its added senses.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Yeah, its definetly coming from this side. If anything, now it seems to be coming from all around you. You take a few steps forward and find yourself in a clearing, although the canopy prevents any light from appearing.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:01 pm

It could be said Andrew was now surrounded. This had to be the Forrest spirit Matthew mentioned. But it was in the real world? He could run, but how? "Hold! Who goes in the night without Luna?" He demands for his pursuer. The first speech is clear as it rolls off his tongue, though a faint desperation can be heard.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:06 pm

A deep groaning can be heard, reminding you of darker, more primeval times.
"WHO DARES! Who dares to challenge me in MY forest!" You can feel the earth shake and the trees quiver, as leaves fall on you from the canopy.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:17 pm

Good thing that Andrew was right, it was the Forrest spirit. Bad thing he peeved it off. "I am the traveler Shadow Tongue. I come to see how this fair and dark wood stands; even as the spirit kingdom around has vanished. I dare never challenge a sanctuary as great as this. I come only to see and smell the wilds." Maybe flattery might change the tone here. Andrew could grovel if it meant unearthly trees wouldn't tear him limb from limb.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:24 pm

A low deep breath emerges, sending a wave of air crashing into you. It smells of fresh grass and a living forest.
"Shadow Tongue. You have come to see this wood. But did you announce your presence? Did not the moat give you pause to announce yourself into my domain? Or perhaps." Thwump. You feel, more than hear, something big just took a step towards you. A big step. And you can smell it. Its practically on top of you. "You came to steal from me." Another Twump echoes through the glade.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:00 pm

The urge to run grows as the angry spirit get closer. "I have no cause to harm this wood nor to take it as my own. I have offended thee and I ask how I might repay this debt oh mighty shepherd!" Andrew 's fear bleeds into his speech. Visions of his dead body being ripped apart flash before his eyes.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:05 pm

"Go and deliver a message. Tell Taylor, Alpha of the treacherous Shadow seekers, that if he, or any of his pack enter these grounds again, I will rend them limb from limb, and scatter their bones in the pond as further warning. Now leave, before I decide to just you as a warning."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 pm

'Taylor? wait, who is Taylor?' Andrew puzzles to himself before grovelling more. "Treacherous? What sins hath the Shadowseekers committed against thee great shepherd Tell me so that I might shame them. If it pleases thee." Wow, this was not what Andrew had in mind when he was asked to 'look' at what was going on here. at least the spirit was letting him leave. "And again i ask if there might be anything else I can gift thee? I came here to see and smell the wild, not to encroach on your hallow realm." Go the extra mile if it means you can leave in one piece.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:26 pm

"All of your essence will buy your life." The spirit ignores your first question
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:42 pm

Andrew gulps. "I gift thee all my essence, take it and be soothed." He braces himself as he opens him spirit-self to the spirit.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:55 pm

A vine wraps around Andrew's arm, andthen spins rapidly, flaying the skin off of his arm. Andrew can feel the essence getting pulled out through the wound. Until he is utterly dry. The spirit doesn't say anything, just looms over Andrew.

(Take 3 Lethal, and loose all of your essence)
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Andrew yelps as his arm is ripped open. His blood pours out, feeding the the spirit's home. He whines at the pain, but remains still as the spirit drains him. Once depleted Andrew feels both tired and hungry.

"Mighty Shepherd, What is thy name. I shall~" The pain make him stutter but he continues on "I shall compose a song for thee that the spirit wilds might hear and be replenished." Andrew is now helpless, no threat to the spirit and its land. Mathew has a lot of explaining to do.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:27 pm

"I am Light Engulfing Forest. Pray you never meet me again. now GO." The leaves rattle and fall, but you are bolting, running headlong through the darkness, stumbling and smashing into trunks, Running as his life depneds on it. He dives into the river; doggie paddles to the other side, and stands there in urhan form, panting.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:04 pm

All Andrew could think about was how he came to dieing. The was one mean forest spirit. He and Matthew would be having a chat. he let go of his two-world sight, it was useless now. He hobbled out of the park toward the Tur, keeping to the shadows and wary of being seen.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down