Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Depths of Slumber: Reawakening

Go down

The Depths of Slumber: Reawakening Empty The Depths of Slumber: Reawakening

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:57 am

((Re-Post from 3/16))

It was a quiet and humid evening in the the city of Sacramento as a lone unmarked car drove in a dirt path road. In the car, there were three males wearing identical suits - the third male in the back had a look of boredom upon his face. Their destination was to arrive at an isolated warehouse that was between the railroad and the highway. In the darkness, the surrounding had markings of an attempted growth that was cut off suddenly and left to rot.

The third gentleman smiled at the thought.

Left to rot was indeed the idea for tonight's duty - something that the third gentleman didn't relish but did it out of necessity. He remembered that this building was purchased at the moment that the growth was halted and began to fall into decay. The city had tried many times to inject back some growth but it was no avail since the decay had taken root upon the land. The landscape bled from the darkness - showing it unfinished glory and rumblings of trains using the railroad - it's imperfect jugging out at a person. His eyes flicker forward as the car pull over in front of a building - they have arrived with good time. "Okay gentleman, let's do this quick, I have a party to attend."

The two gentlemen nodded in obedience.

The car's doors open as party exited out the vehicle - each person had their own job to perform for the evening. The first gentleman had the keys to the warehouse, the second gentleman had tools to open the holding within the warehouse and the third gentleman's job was unspecified - for the moment. The warehouse was brought and converted into a storage facility that housed the owner's special interests - at least that was purpose told to the public - but those who knew it was something else entirely different.

From where they stood, the warehouse looked more like a fortress and prison than the warehouse that it was. The first gentleman opened up the locks and allow the party to pass through the security - the warehouse was full of special interest and expensive items. Each item - worth more than most people could within ten lifetimes - but the party move forward with uninterested mood about them. They were more concern about the singular room that was in the middle of the warehouse. The gentlemen could tell that room was a new construct comparing to the rest of the building.

It took a few moment for the first gentleman to open the doors to the special room in the middle. When the party entered, they saw that room was lined with a number of long and thin crates - these crates seem more like coffins than anything else. The third gentleman wander a bit around the room before asking, "Which box is it?"

"The one with R-78" replied the second gentleman, "Ah, here I found it, sir."

The third gentleman moved with such grace that it didn't seem humanly possible as he reach the crate, he bend down and peer at the inscription, satisfied after a moment. The third gentleman place aside his package as he pulled the top crate off it and place it on the side, he turn to the second gentleman to begin his work. The two gentleman said nothing at the feat of moving the crate. The second gentleman pulled his tools and began the procedure of opening the crate. It took a combine effort between the first and second to pry open the crate.

Within the crate was a mummified creature, with an unusual object lodge within it's chest, on it's face still express the torment and horror that it when through. The third gentleman flicker the two gentleman away from the mummified corpse and pull out the package he brought. As easily he pulled the object lodge within the chest and pulled open the mouth before opening his package that contained doves as well as other items. He slice open and squeezed the blood into the creature's mouth.

The creature's eyes snapped open as it maw widen ever-so-slide to consume the blood. The third gentleman was able to see that the it wasn't enough blood - thus stepped away from the corpse. He asked for the first gentleman's keys to get another package for the corpse and order for them to watch over it. Of course, that was all a lie.

The third gentleman stepped out of the room locking the door as the creature's beast riled up in hunger. It stood up from the crate and leapt unto the closest man - ripping the throat and drinking the man's warm blood. The second man tried to pull away the monster from his friend with a tool in his hand - but it was no avail since the monster had rage and hunger on it's side and quickly overpowered the man. It sucked all the blood from the bodies of the two man before it calmed it's self down.

Once the noise stopped, the third gentleman re-entered the room, kicking aside the corpse of the second gentleman. He looked down to see that the monster had become a handsome man, it was a time had press the reset button and return the mummified corpse to it's youth, but both the gentleman and the man-monster knew it wasn't so. "I hope you've fed well, Mister Hyland."

The man looked at him with confusion.

The third gentleman smiled, "I should figure that the fog might have clouded your mind, soon it'll return as it were, Reed Hyland."

"How.. How.. have I been out?"

The third gentleman nodded, "About thirty years - give or take."

There was shock on the Reed's face - thirty years gone in a flash - and it seem just the other evening that he was being place into torpor. The third gentleman allow the idea to sink in - before continuing with the debriefing. He walked over to the opened package and tossed Reed a set of clothing and an fat envelope, "Here, some items courtesy from the owner."

Reed glance at the clothing and envelope - which was full of money - before pulling his attention to the third gentleman. He didn't want to look at the corpse that were cooling nearby - a reminder of what he truly is. "You might as well put those on as I speak, I'll have to remove this mess and have someone to clean up the blood." The third gentleman sighed.

Reed quickly remove his old attire - which was in the style of the 70s - and put on his new attire, stuffing the envelope in his leather jacket. As he changed clothing - the third gentleman was giving him of the prince's law as well as the tradition and the current state of affairs. "I should remind you, that since you 'haven't' been at the court - that you must get acknowledged again. It would be prudence to get that out of the way."

Then, the third gentleman picked up the body of the two gentleman before heading out, "Walk with me, since we cannot stay here, Mister Hyland." Reed followed the gentleman from the warehouse to the car. The Third gentleman opened the trunk and place the corpse in, "Please seat yourself in the car while I lock up the place."

It was a moment later that the third gentleman entered the driver seat, "I'll give you a lift until we're at a more populated area." Reed looked at the landscape - he saw the bleakness of the darkness consuming the unfinished building. The third gentleman continue talking about the current affairs of the city before stopping. "This is where we part, Mister Hyland."

Reed nods before stepping out, he pauses, bending over to ask the third gentleman, "What do I do now?"

The third gentleman gave him a look, "Anything you want to do - so long you follow the prince's law. That should have been obvious, Mister Hyland." With that, the car sped away into the darkness, leaving Reed with his thoughts and news steps in his Requiem.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum