Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Submission Forms

+2
Premsyl
West
6 posters

Go down

Character Submission Forms Empty Character Submission Forms

Post by West Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:32 am

We now have character submission forms available for your use on our website. These forms work the same way a normal WW character sheet would work, with one exception. The radio buttons for your traits may only accept one choice, so please go by the numbers below them for the amount of dots you want.

Also, there is a background and XP log sections for each sheet. Please use these for your character background and XP log.

I do not want a separate submission for a background, after you have submitted the character sheet. If you choose to do it this way, the character WILL NOT be approved.

We have a background and XP log area on the character sheets for a reason. Please use them.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Character Submission Forms Empty Re: Character Submission Forms

Post by Premsyl Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 pm

As you know the issue I've found with the background area of the new sheets is that they're limited to 675 words which may or may not be enough.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:53 pm

That has been fixed on all of the forms as we are sure most of you have a much more extensive background then 675 characters can give you. So, we switched it to 10,000. If this is still not enough, please let me know and the character limit will be raised.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:54 pm

If I hit 10,000 words in a character's background then I think I can stand to lose a few words anyway.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm

LOL No, not 10,000 words, 10,000 characters. Each letter is a character. So I think it might be feasable to reach that depending on how long your background is of course.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Its very approximately 3k characters per page of backstory (counting spaces).
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:15 pm

I'm trying to type out a backstory for a Mage and I get this message
Max length of textarea is 675 chars
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:23 pm

I will take a look and fix.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Well I just saw this and I couldn't paste my characters story, the opion just wouldn't even apear...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:51 pm

I don't think you can copy paste at all on the sheets....tried to do that with my pdf to what the girls made and had to type everything in

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Gotta use the ctrl button, I've found. Ctrl + C = Copy. Shift + Insert = Paste.

Last edited by Premsyl on Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to change Ctrl + Insert to Shift + Insert.)
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:55 pm

I see... so its gotta be coded in... ok that can work.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:20 pm

We are currently experiencing some issues with the background section of the character sheets. For the time being, please PM your character background to me and I will make sure they get placed with your character's sheet.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Ok everyone the character submission forms are back up and working properly. Unfortunately, we could not fix the amount of characters one can put into the background box. So, we had to put in more background boxes, which we did. Now, keep in mind, if you are like some of us and you write your background in word and then copy and paste it into the form, it will all go into the form but will only accept the first 675 characters. So, please keep an eye on this.

Other then that, they are the same. So have fun and enjoy! Thanks to all for your patience!
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:58 am

So I ended up making a very long BG (I'm applying for a Mainstream Changeling PC with a Court position). All told, 11,200 characters, which is about a third too long for the submission form. How would you like us verbose writers to handle things like this? Edit down to something the form can manage, or PM the background?
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:03 am

Yeah, same goes for most of my characters, some I do short enough to fit, but others might get carried away... so then what should one do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 am

My personal feeling is that if you get to verbose I will not read it all the way and miss things. At this point I just want the high points of your characters creation, high points of your mortal life. Then explain all the dots that are off the restricted list as in who taught you and why they did this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:46 am

Dredloke wrote:My personal feeling is that if you get to verbose I will not read it all the way and miss things. At this point I just want the high points of your characters creation, high points of your mortal life. Then explain all the dots that are off the restricted list as in who taught you and why they did this.

Agreed, there are five main things I need: The Before, the During, the Escape, The After, and an explanation for anything restricted.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:24 am

Well the background areas allow for roughly 8,100 characters. We don't need a four page background guys, you can trim is down some. If it is truly necessary, I would reccommend PMing the background, however we prefer it all come in one nice piece.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:21 pm

LOL ok, sounds fair, try keeping it short, I'll do that

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 pm

Absolutely fair. To the editing room!
jmiland1