Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Briefing

Go down

The Briefing Empty The Briefing

Post by West Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:24 am

“It is now 2o’clock AM, Wednesday March 25th. This is your host Bobby Fletcher and you’ve tuned in to The Briefing. Some great stuff to talk about tonight. I’ve got reports of a recent sighting of the moth man. After that we’ll talk about some of the stranger goings on around Sacramento and later I’ll take callers in case some of you want to tell me how good a job you think I’m doing.

It’s the enigmatic moth man of West Virginia. Imagine, six, maybe seven feet tall, moth like wings folded on his back, huge glowing red eyes. First sighted in November 1966 by two couples when they saw it hanging around outside an old TNT factory. Afterwards they said it took wing and chased them, flying at over one-hundred miles per hour after their cars. The very next night a woman found it standing on her porch, peering through her window. From November that year till January the next the sightings continue much along these lines and they seem to reach their peak around the time of the Silver Bridge in Point Pleasant collapses under the weight of rush hour traffic, resulting in the deaths of 46 people. Many feel that the moth man is a harbinger of doom, a messenger of death, and bringer of destruction. The question of whether or not this is true may be rising again to the forefront of peoples minds. A woman and her husband in Folsom have reported seeing the Mothman. The husband, who decided to remain anonymous, maintains that the moth man followed him for thirty miles down I-80 and then watched him and his wife through their windows at home for over an hour. They described it as an animal that was shaped like a man with big red glowing eyes the size of saucers. The husband says that when it flew after him that it never flapped it’d weirdly insect like wings, that it just seemed to glide. Theres a couple blurry photos that I’ve posted on The White Room, and I’ll continue to keep my eye on that story. Meanwhile send me an e-mail or pick up the phone and call if you’ve ever had any close encounters of the moth kind.

A couple interesting things in local news right here in Sacramento the Strange, as I like to call it. It seems a staffer for the Sacramento Bee ended up almost being front page news. So the story goes that the guy is walking on some kind of catwalk above the newspaper presses when the supports give way, tossing him right into the presses. The story goes that this wouldn’t have been a problem, given that the presses weren’t turned on at the time. Get this, though, and this is where it gets crazy. Because of what’s being called a “computer error,” the presses turned on of their own accord after the poor guy falls in. Luckily the guy was able to roll away at the last minute, but come on! Did the presses get hungry for a little human flesh? Are the computers rising up against their fleshy masters and trying to kill us at our jobs? Maybe somebody down there’s got something against Mr. Staffer and was trying to get him tangled up to make it look like an accident. Whatever it was the Bee is sticking to its story, saying they’ll improve safety around the workplace. I hope they do. I’d hate to think someday I might open the newspaper up to find someone’s face plastered all over the front page in the literal sense.

Next up is a Briefing exclusive. Turns out that vermin infestations in Sacramento are at an all time high. We’re not talking the results of a gradual increase, either. I have it on good authority from a reliable source that we’re looking at cases in which the city’s been receiving five year’s worth of complaints in just two months. Unbelievable! My sources claim that it seems as if something is chasing them out of the sewers into people’s homes. Toxins under our streets, maybe? Sewer-dwelling beasts like alligators and crocodiles? Maybe worse? Could be the vermin have decided to rise up and take the above-world for themselves. You should see some of the photos I have, if you think I’m crazy. They’ll be posted on the White Room later for all to see.

That about does it for tonight’s show. I’ll remain on the air for the next half hour taking phone calls. So if you think you’ve got something to add… Maybe you’re the staffer who just barely rolled out of the way of becoming today’s headlines or maybe you’ve got a crazy rat problem yourself… Call me. I’d love to hear from you. Until next week, citizens of Sacramento, and the world. My name’s Bobby Fletcher and you’ve been Briefed.”
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum