Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hitmen?

+2
Forn Clakes
BloodiedClaws
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Hitmen? Empty The Hitmen?

Post by BloodiedClaws Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:03 pm

i'm thinking it would be cool to start a coterie of hitmen/soldiers of fortune/mercenaries/assassins made up of O-Yama and other martially minded characters, maybe we can eventually get dred to hook us up with some benefits for the coterie? but other than that i'm thinking a coterie of martially minded vamps would be really cool, everything from expert gunmen, so master swordsman... if anyone is interested let me know, or if its a complete flop idea tell me that too lol! i might just be a retard for thinking it would be fun to have a group with a war-temple like haven but thats just me, so i guess just let me know
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

The Hitmen? Empty Re: The Hitmen?

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:27 pm

My new character is a Gurkha ad expert with his kukri knife. However, he's just arrived in the city and currently working for his covenant.

Cool idea though, I'm game.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:52 pm

sounds good to me, but i want to make it clear that we're not gonna be actual "Hitmen"

i'm thinking more along the lines of something like a veterans club, with warriors training, sparring and otherwise just hanging out and talking combat and having each others backs

and if we happen to get someone interested in our ability, we could take the mission as a unit, instead of as one or two vampires
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:57 pm

Yeah, that sounds good. My character is more a bodyguard and servant than actually going out to kill.

Honest Wink

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:24 pm

sounds like a perfect fit then

anyone else ready to get down with this group of para-military warriors?
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:15 pm

When I first designed Harry, I envisioned sort of a bruiser kind of character, not so much hard and fast training, but brute force sort of brawling. That said, he is enthusiastic about fighting, and it suits him well. Would that mesh well?

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Sounds good to me.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:20 pm

sounds good to me, if he's down to learn to fight better and willing to embrace the "brotherhood of the fist" (completely random idea name, anyone is more than welcome to throw an idea out there, i'm open to options any and all) and have their back then it sounds good to me and he would be a perfect fit
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Anton's pretty handy with martial stuff and seems like a natural fit for a coterie of other Nos doing wetwork. Count me in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:37 pm

BloodiedClaws wrote:sounds good to me, if he's down to learn to fight better and willing to embrace the "brotherhood of the fist" (completely random idea name, anyone is more than welcome to throw an idea out there, i'm open to options any and all) and have their back then it sounds good to me and he would be a perfect fit

Definitely! I haven't done too well in finding a place for Harry to fit into the city, so this looks like it could be a golden opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:15 pm

This group's looking a little big but I'll throw in that Arnold is built for combat as well, being ex-hound of a city.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 pm

i dont mind the coterie getting too big, but i think more than 10 would be overboard, though i think that would be the STs descision to call coterie size

so i guess arnold, anton and harry are added to the list
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:41 pm

your Coterie can be as big as you like...but remember to big some will feel on the outside of the core group and then might try and get at the core group. So its up to you on your size

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Well I'm actually working on a 'recently embraced veteran' concept I would like to try sometime xDDD

So this might be as good a time to start him up

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:30 pm

sounds like he'd fit right in with our band of brothers

as for size, i'm going to put the cap at 8, and from there we can come up with a name and decide who all wants to toss in some exp for a pooled haven, i'm willing to throw in a bit, maybe a dot or two, and the rest is up to you guys, though i would suggest we stress Haven Security for this

i have one other spot reserved until i get a PM from the person confirming or declining, but other than that we're still open
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:24 pm

Sweet, so I'll work the concept up and see what forms from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Mrs. Scotts wouldn't mind being a patron of such a group
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Nice, looks like we've got ourselves the nos/mekhet secret police or something. Any suggestions for a name?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:39 pm

Watchmen? XD

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:20 am

Praetorians; Secret Service; Royal Guard; Legion; Phalanx; Hoplites; Omega Option
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:21 am

Char is already a hitman for the Circle fo the Crone...but she would love to be part of a coterie too if you guys still have room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 am

What about Spartans?

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:31 am

I like those. My suggestions have nothing to do with the American History class I'm taking.

Rough Riders; Pinkertons
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:40 am

What about

The Blood Bank

or

The Dark Conspiracy

though I like the Watcmen or SS idea...

Hey I know....It could be KiSS...Kindred Secret Service..LOL!

Last edited by Charunetrah on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:41 am

AWESOME IDEA XD

KISS...

That's so made of Win xD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 am

I could get behind something more cryptic/obscure sounding. The classical military/mythology names are cool, but a little over the top and irrelevant in this case. I'm sorry to sound unconstructive, but I'm not feeling particularly inspired for suggestions on my part. Not sure about everyone else, but I've always liked anatomical naming conventions (ie 'Fingermen', 'Headsmen', 'Hands of *blank*'). Perhaps any communal Haven put together could play a part in the name. Or the fact that it consists (as far as I'm aware, at least) of Shadows and Haunts. (I managed to think that 'Worms Eye' would be an ok name for several seconds before it began to sound dirty.)

Hooded Lanterns?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:08 am

LOL

Well actually something Darker and Misterious would fit, but it heavily depends on the characters I guess

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 am

dean wrote:Not sure about everyone else, but I've always liked anatomical naming conventions (ie 'Fingermen', 'Headsmen', 'Hands of *blank*').

I am blatantly stealing this from a cabal in my mage campaign, but oh well. How about the Grim Hand?

Other ideas:
the Vanguard
Dirge for Sacremento
Hungry Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 am

Hehehe
Will have to discuss this 'In character'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:49 am

I'm liking 'Hungry Blades' and 'Grim Hand'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:51 am

I still like Kiss most of all...

But Hungry Blades could work

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:13 am

heres a few names i thought of with the help of my lil sis (amazing how a 12yr old can come up with some awesome shit), i'm not biased towards any of them, i'm just throwing these in here for you guys to roll around in your heads, any of them could be chosen, or any of the ones you guys have come up with as long as we all agree on the name

Sons of Perdition (lil sis)
Hammers of Dorn
The Harbingers
Doombringers (lil sis)
Shadows of the Damned (she thought it fitting with the whole nos/mekhet thing)
Dark Reflection (lil sis, cool reference to kindred twisted reflections)
Fleshpool
Dead by Sunrise (lil sis)
Them (offhanded one by lil sis, but figured i'd throw it in anyway)
Itchy Fingers
Wrath Inc. (lil sis)
Death Inc. (lil sis)
The Danse of Death
The Lost
The League of Elimination
Darwin's Chosen (lil sis, Darwin being behind the "survival of the fittest" idea)
Final Death (lil sis, i think this one is awesome)

so like i said i'm up for pretty much any name as long as we all agree, and this is my addition to the choices, feel free to let me know what you think here or hit me on AIM at crazeewithagun
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:14 am

Ronin?

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:29 am

Wel I think we got plenty of options but no desition yet right?
We should start sharing characters and ideas and seeing which would fit and which wouldn't don't you think?

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:35 am

sounds like the best idea Gnash, so i guess i'll start:

O-Yama is a samurai who was embraced a little before the Meiji Era, when the really brutal Shogun wars were goin on in ancient Japan, he was a consumate swordsman and most could even get near him when in battle without getting cut down, after his embrace he kinda went diablerie crazy and basically starved into torpor but not before securing that he would "live"

since then he woke up in a monastary in sacramento and has been trying to find his place since, he still has his old katana and wakizashi, and even has his armor from his time before torpor, and is more than willing to bring his blade to bear against an enemy

so i guess thats the basics about him
next person up
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:37 am

Jayant Nagaraj was a Gurkha warrior enisted in the British-Indian Army as part of the Royal Gurkha Rifles. He was taken by his Sire, a Major in the US Navy while stationed in Barhain and told every night he was nothing more than a servant and a tool. This suits him fine and currently possesses no ambition than following his Sire's orders which were to come to Sacramento in serach of Hierophant Paresh Williams. He is an expert with the Kukri knife, his heritage weapon.

I also thought of an idea for when the coterie comes together in discussion. In a show of mutual respect and trust, each memeber must place their weapon of choice, presumable their most valued one, on the table to symbolize their loyalty and openess to their cause.

What you think?

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:09 am

Anton Flores has kind of a varied portfolio. He's a seasoned nomad, drifting up and down the US and Central America. He sometimes settles in citys for isolated stretches, taking up martial and investigative positions like hound and/or inquisitor. His city count so far is San Francisco, Detroit and Baltimore. (In case any other members have history in any of those citys)

He doesn't really subscribe to the 'this is my weapon, it's an extension of my body' thing. He carries an old well-maintained lockblade and a few tools which could be applied quite nastily, but is just as likely to rely on tooth and claw, wooden stake or nightmare.

I like the weapon on the table thing. I'm leaning towards a shadowy coterie with coded tags and room for some cool secrets.

Fleshpool seems like an apt name. I don't think the Sanctified members would appreciate working under the Darwin moniker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:17 am

In life, Arnold worked for years as a bouncer at a popular club for blacks in Chicago. After the market crashed and all the work dried up he traveled the American South during the Depression looking for work. He worked as farmhand, rail worker, miner, and any other profession that came around. His size and strength helped him perform well as a worker, while shielding him against the threats presented a black man in the segregated south. He was embraced by a lonely Nosferatu that had made it's living following the traveling hobo-villages and riding the rails. They traveled together, until Arnold was no longer dependent on his Sire, and took up residence in Jackson, Mississippi.

Arnold supported a local elder in his rise to the office of Prince and served as Hound of Jackson for most of sixty years. In 2005 his Prince was killed in an uprising, though Arnold was able to leave the city.

He likes using his hands to fight, but if it's straight killing needs to be done he prefers combat knives.

Last edited by Premsyl on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:35 am

Mrs. Scotts sells guns. Big guns, little guns, mostly little guns. She specializes in Israeli arms, although she has a profitable chinese business arm as well (which means she has access to cheap knockoffs of all types of guns). She is more than happy to supply a group of entrepenurial kindred with both the financial and millitary hardware they need. She even owns a large warehouse complex, perfect for a group such as this to make a communal haven out of.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:30 pm

In life, Harry Walsh was just a violent man. He beat his wife, he got into barroom brawls, and generally beat the shit out of anyone who looked at him crossways. When things got really out of hand, he'd whip out his trusty switchblade and go to town. He's changed a bit since being embraced. He's Sanctified now, and he channels his rage through that lens. He likes to think of himself as something of an enforcer for the Sanctum now, even if they do not readily acknowledge him as such. One day, he'd even like to be an Inquisitor, but for now these are just dreams.

Harry is, and probably always will be, a heavy handed negotiator, preferring to intimidate and slap people around than talk nice, but now, he only uses violence for a purpose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm

I'm so stoked about this coterie. Got nothing else to add at the moment.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:24 pm

haha i'm feeling the same way FC

so right now we got:

Swordfighter (O-Yama)
Knifefighterr (Jayant)
Fistfighter (Arnold)
Shankfighter (Harry)
Throatcutter (Anton)
Knifefighter(?) (Char)
Gunsupplier (Mrs. Scotts)

i think thats right, right? looks like we're gonna make a brutal little assembly of warriors, i cant wait to get this up and running
BloodiedClaws
BloodiedClaws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:07 pm

Char specializes in silent kills. She can use knives and such, but specializes in her hands. She is an assasin for the Circle of the Crone in Italy, but has decided to stay here in Sacramento. She is also good at getting into people minds, figureing out who they are expecting to see, and then transforming into an image of that person. She was made for the purpose of finding out information.

Last edited by Charunetrah on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:48 pm

I'd hate to get hung up on something like a name. I'm good with whatever gets decided. Maybe, since this was Bloodied's idea, he can pick 3-4 he likes for us to vote on?
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:53 pm

Sounds fair. So BC, what d'ya reckon?

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:22 pm

Well, my idea of a character would probably be a former black ops, the idea o an already old and powerful man being suddenly turned into one of the Clans, probably a Mekhet, tho a Nosfy might suit too...

Tho I am looking for a Sire if anyone is interested

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodiedClaws Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:07 pm

alright well as for the names i would say:

KiSS
Final Death
Hungry Blades
Grim Hand
Vanguard

so i guess you guys can vote for which one you like best
BloodiedClaws