Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letter to Miss Claire

Go down

Letter to Miss Claire Empty Letter to Miss Claire

Post by Forn Clakes Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:25 pm

A plain white envelope leans against a vase of flowers that is situated on the kitchen table. Upon its front is written simply ‘Miss Claire’, where inside is $100 in cash and the following letter:

Dear Miss Claire,

I have a lot to thank you for, the first of which is for allowing me to stay in your lovely house as a tenant and giving me a chance when I arrived in Sacramento, which is why writing this letter has been hard for me to do.

I have found somebody who I have fallen for and who has invited me to stay with her, an offer I have accepted. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you in person but it would have been too hard and in truth, I don’t think I fully understand my feelings yet. But they are still my feelings and I am determined to make it work.

I’m sorry I did not manage to finish all the work that was a part of our agreement, but I hope the garage door still works for years to come and glad that the old shed is clear now; I’m sure the guys can turn it into that gym we discussed.

As a parting gift, I have left some money as a thank you, Brenda, for without your early support, I don’t think I would have had the will to survive in this city, and I hope you don’t look too badly on me and my actions.

Darren.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down