Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dose #2

Go down

Dose #2 Empty Dose #2

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:26 am

Antoinette answered the door and welcomed Alexandra in, kissing her on both cheeks. “Hi there. Thanks for meeting me so late. I’m a total insomniac and I do most of my work late at night. What have you been up to today?”

Alex walked in with a bolt of fabric in one arm and Zero’s collar in her other.

She had actually enjoyed picking up the Italian Greyhound and had made friends with him quite easily.

“Hello..darling” Returning the kisses on each of Antoinette’s cheeks. “I have picked up the fabric you asked for as well as picked up Zero. He is such a sweet puppy!” She places the fabric on one of the cutting tables and gives Zero a kiss on his head while patting his neck. “Aren’t ya sweety?”

"So what is on the agenda for tonight?"

“ZERO!!!” Antoinette hadn’t seen her little guy since dropping him off at the kennel before leaving for Italy, so it had been quite a while. She also knew he was probably pretty hungry and would want his “fix”. She’d have to take him back into the bedroom a little later and hoped he wouldn’t be obnoxious about it without her having to say the words out loud.

“Alexandra, you are such a doll for getting him for me. I couldn’t get there during the day and really appreciate your effort. Same with the fabric. And I know you had a chance to hang out here and look around the studio, but I thought we could go over everything a little more formally so you’ll know exactly where everything is and what all the responsibilities will entail. It will give you a chance to ask me questions too. Anything come up so far that hasn’t made sense?”

“Yes..your studio is fabulous! I think everything is pretty straight forward when it comes to the development. However, I do have a few questions. First, I am looking for a new apartment closer to the vicinity, is there anywhere selling or renting that you know of?” Another thought came to her mind….“Oh…and will I be working in this studio as well, or do you have another office that you would like me to work out of?”

“Oh. That’s an excellent question. Lash will be yours to run Alex – can I call you Alex? So you can base it out of here if you want, or we can relocated the studio to another location if you prefer. Whatever you want. I personally love this building – it has some nice views, and I think there are probably other flats available, so if you wanted me to purchase you something here, we can do that. Or, if you want to look around, I’m happy to help. I like looking at real estate. So does Baron Quinton; he is very into buildings and architecture.” That made Antoinette catch herself for a moment. How interesting... She remembered how almost mathematical he’d been when they’d looked for this place for her, analyzing and agonizing over every detail, every angle… Now Mr. Carpenter wanted to talk to Baron Quinton about Architecture and the family? What was that all about? It was driving her crazy.

“Anyway, think about it and let me know. I have several spare rooms here, you are more than welcome to stay while you’re making your decisions. I’d be happy for the company, actually.” Desperate might be a better term, but she didn’t need to divulge too much, did she?

Antoinette then spent a considerable amount of time explaining the archival system, the servers, the purchasing and invoicing, how she handled relations with the press, the agencies she had on retainer, local and nation shows she was committed to, and a few one-off projects she had promised to various people, including the #6 dress for Jim.

“If you could have the pattern recreated for the measurements I provided, and let me know when it is done, I’ll call him personally to let him know the dress is ready for a fitting. I may just let you handle him and his girlfriend, I haven’t decided if I want to be here for it, but I’ll make that decision later I guess. I think that’s about it. Anything I missed? I’m sure there are a ton of other things, but I’ll always be reachable by mobile at nights for questions, so you won’t be alone. Days are much trickier – be prepared to get my voice mail most of the time. You’ll really have to be prepared ahead of time and ask me any questions you need answered before or after the day starts.”

“Hey – let’s get a drink and continue this conversation where it’s a little more comfortable, shall we? How about some of the wine we had on the plane back from Italy? I was able to find some more.” Antoinette watched Alexandra’s reaction, praying for a positive one.

Alex followed Antoinette around the studio listening to every little detail. She was very good at remembering such things and luckily didn’t need to take notes. She was very impressed with everything that she had done with the company so far on her own. Antoinette had taken her vision and molded it into a thriving business that was topping the charts.

“Yes, of course “Alex” is fine. I would really love to continue staying here until I find a place. I must agree with you and your Baron. The architecture is quite exquisite. I fell in love with the building as soon as I stepped foot into it. If there would be any possibility at all to own a flat here, I would be very pleased.”

When Alex heard Antoinette offer the wine that she had drank the other night in the plane her mouth began to water. It was a very strange sensation to be pining over a drink in such a manner. She had always loved wine and the different flavors that she could make out. It was almost like a little game to her. But this yearning for it, made her feel a little off her guard. However, she couldn’t get herself to resist. “Yes, that sounds brilliant! I would love a glass.”

Antoinette repeated the same procedure she’d used on plane, but this time she actually had obtained Kine blood wine for her self to drink, so it would look like she was partaking along with Alexandra. Antoinette handed a glass to Alexandra and sat down on on the couch, kicking off her shoes and inviting Zero up with her.

“Well, here’s to great fashion and great friends.” She raised her glass and drank deeply, watching Alexandra from the corner of her eye.

“Here here.” Alex cheered her new friend and boss as she took her first drink of the wine. It was unbelievable. It was even a little better than she remembered it tasting. It was much richer and she could taste the red grapes, strawberries, and oak. But there was something else, something else that she had never tasted before. She had no idea and it puzzled her. She continued sipping the wine with her regal elegance.

“What is in this wine Antoinette? I am normally pretty good at being able to find each flavor. I sense the Strawberry, grapes, and oak, but there is something else. Something that is new to my pallet. What is it?”

“Well, it’s actually a house secret. One day I might let you in on it, but for now just savor the taste and enjoy the bouquet. It’s very rare.” She smiled and lifted her own glass back to her lips.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum