Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally There

3 posters

Go down

Finally There Empty Finally There

Post by Darksider42 Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:55 am

John opened the lobby door alot faster than he would normally, but he was just glad to finally be somewhere safe. Hopefully. He kept the door and waited for Navaja to come it. He gave the place a quick look over and sighed. He didn't see anyone that would pose a threat.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Finally There Empty Re: Finally There

Post by Em Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:13 am

Navaja follows John in, glancing behind them nervously, in case something's followed them. Once inside she looks around the hotel lobby, lhoping for some sign that this might be a place she could meet the sovereign of autumn and ask them what the hell is wrong with their city. Or throw herself on their mercy. She hadn't decided which.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:53 am

~Narration~

As you walk inside, at first, nothing seems out of the ordinary..it's just another simple, but fancy hotel. Then you notice it...there's a man who appears to be almost entirely made out of flames talking to the porter near the front desk.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:59 am

Johns eyes locked onto the flaming man at the desk. he didn't know if he should be glad that he found another Changeling or scared shitless that it could be one of Them. Now or never John. "Wait here for a sec." He said as he slowly made his way towards the living flame, putting alot of mental effor to keep his breathing steady. He cleared his throat. "Excuse me?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:29 am

He turns to look at you, his eyes like smoldering embers, his voice crackling like a recently lit fire. "Can I help you?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:33 am

Keep it together. He though to himself. He had to admit that was a very intense Mantel. He could only guess he was the Summer King. "Are you the Summer Sovreign?" He asked hesitantly, a loose spark leaping from his neck.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:36 pm

"And why would you be asking such a question in such public company?" The man's eyes glower over you, his arms crossed across his chest.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:44 pm

John doesn't look like he's doing too well over there. Navaja edges closer to the conversation, trying to listen to how John's put his foot in his mouth this time. She did not come all this way just to get kicked out of the Four Seasons, but at the same time if John needs back up, she's right behind him.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 pm

Smoove move John. He thought bitterly. This wasn't much of a day for him to use his head. John turned and gave Navaja a pleading look. His mind was half fried from fear and anger from before and it was getting obvious john wasn't the sort of person you send in to talk to people.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:46 pm

Navaja steps up to the two of them and takes a deep breath. "Look, I don't know who you are, and I'm sorry if John offended you. We're new to the area, and really shook up. We don't know what happened, but it was something bad. We need help. If there's a better place to talk, or someone else who could help us, please let us know." She sighs, obviously tired and still scared, with not much more energy to run or fight. "But please don't turn us away empty handed."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:57 pm

"Come to my office. There we can discuss subtlety and how not to blurt things out that shouldn't be said in front of others." the flame walks off towards the elevator, not watching to see if they follow.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:02 pm

As the giant flame turns away, Navaja gives John a look that clearly says "What did you say to him?" But she follows quickly towards the office.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:23 pm

Jonh just rubbed his shoulder nerviously as he followed the elemental to the elevator. A few more sparks were starting to fall from his joints.

Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:26 am

~Narration~

The two of you follow him onto the elevator, which heads straight up. The heat coming from him is rather intense, and he eventually leads you off to an office overlooking the front of the hotel.

"Now, what can I do for you?" He asks, as he takes a seat behind the large desk.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Navaja is sweating slight by the time they get out of the elevator. She follows him into the office and sits in a chair across from the desk. She wipes her forehead, and says "Thank you for hearing us out. I'm called Navaja, and I recently arrived in the city. The most important thing is we need a safe place to stay. I'd been told of a boarding house, but I haven't been able to find it yet, and I'm not a fan of the idea of going out looking again today."

She glances at John. "I'm not sure if John wants to come with me or has his own plans. If you know the place, if I could get a ride there it'd be a big favor. " She isn't looking forward to him asking for a favor in return, but she figures she'll let him think of that rather then offering.

"But the other thing is that, while we were looking for directions here, something happened that felt for all the world like... well, like something was after us. Or someone, if you get me. Is this a common problem in the city? Or were we in the wrong place? It was a coffee shop, looked pretty normal. So is there something we should know here, is what it comes down to."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:20 pm

Garrick grins, just grins. He looks the two of you over, and then bursts out laughing. "What, you think it was 'one of them'? Ask me how long I've been out of Arcadia. Go ahead, ask. Live your life in fear of 'Them', and you'll be doing favors for me for a long time."

After a few minutes, he finally stops laughing, and pulls open his rolodex, turning through it before pulling out a spare card. "You'll want Edna's Boarding House."

He holds out the card, and stifles another laugh.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:30 pm

John just sat there, coat hanging just on his shoulders. "Uh, listen. I'm sorry about before in the lobby. But I was suppose to give this to whover is in charge of the summer court in Sacramento." He said as he drew a letter from his coat pocket and handed it over to the man across from the desk.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 pm

"And what is this?" He leans back in his chair, watching the other man. "If you want to cower in fear of the Gentry, then be more discreet. They're going to be the least of your problems if you continue to just speak openly about us right in front of mortals."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:53 pm

"Again, I'm sorry." John said harshly, though it sounded like it was directed at himself more than the Flame. He rubbed this temples and stared at the floor. He hated making mistakes, but he really hated it when someone lords it over his head like this. "I can't exactly think when I have the feeling They are comming. If I had tons of cold iron and a position I could defend myself easily, I wouldn't act in blind panic. As it is, I'm a single-minded idiot without so much as a nail to protect himself." He took a deep breath and sighed. This was going to be a long day...
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:33 pm

Navaja moves closer to the desk and takes the card. "Sir, I have no doubt that you're more powerful then us. That's why you have a position of respect in this city, and we've just come here with little more then the clothes on our back."

She moves back to her position behind the chair. "So how long have you been out? And what advice do you have for some kids, besides not to run and cower and live in fear?" Whether or not she's interested in the advice, she's not going to play posturing games with someone who could lay her out with a thought. If you're not going to fight, and you're not going to bluff, then kiss ass.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:04 pm

"I will not have you patronize me, child. Now, answer my question." He holds up the envelope, "What is this?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Navaja steps back and leans against the wall by the door. She's interested in John's answer, and she's done with her conversation with the flame. Not mad or offended, just knows his type, and there's nothing she's about to say or do to change his mind about her. Plenty he could do the change her mind about him, but she doubts she's going to see anything surprising from him today.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:08 pm

John took another deep breath. "Message from the Summer King in Boston in regards as to why I'm here." He said, finally getting some idea where this conversation was going.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:04 am

He carefully opens the letter, using a letter opener that slices right through without leaving a mark. "Now why would I care what someone on the other side of the country is doing?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:29 am

John shrugged. "That depend on what you make of it." He said, finally sounding calm. "Either you don't care about it or you do. I was only ordered to present it to whoever was incharge of the summer court here."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm

He lays the letter on the table, and shrugs. "Find your way to Ednas. You'll be contacted if there's anything further needed of you. There are worse things than Gentry, and quite frankly, I'm surprised anyone even bothered to look for a whelp like you." He stands, and walks out a side door to the office, not even bothering to look back.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:05 pm

"Come on, let see if we can make this day be over." Navaja opens the door and walks out into the hall. She gets in the elevator and holds it for John.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:18 pm

John nodded with a sigh and followed Navaja to the elevator. As soon as the door closed he slipped his arms through his coat and put it back on properly. "Well, I can honestly say I don't like my new sovreign." He muttered as he hit the ground floor button.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:40 pm

Navaja smiles "I don't think he intended for you to like him. People in power are often more concerned with making people respect them. And one way to gain respect is to be an ass."

As the elevator doors opens, she steps out and asks John "Do you wanna do the cab thing again or try to walk to this boarding house?"
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:46 pm

"You can gain respect without being an egotistical ass about it." John said as they stepped out of the elevator. "I think we should walk. It's a hell lot cheaper and I'm almost broke."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:10 am

"Walking it is." She pulls out the map and checks the address. "I think we can get there without much trouble."

She walks towards the door, and turns to John, and looks at him thoughtfully."Hey, just wanted to say, thanks for being there through all this. It would have been hell trying to do it by myself." She tries to keep it from sounding sentimental, but the summer kings ego reminded her not to take the changelings who are actually decent people for granted.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:20 am

John gave her a small smile. "Same here." He replied, he caught a glance of some message on the wall and frowned. Obviously everyone else felt Them comming. Better be carefull. "Lets get going." He said as he nudged his head towards the door, ignoring the creaking sound.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down