Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elle's Place.

Go down

Elle's Place. Empty Elle's Place.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:06 am

Elle gets up with the sunset, washing her face of the bloody tears she cried all night, getting her classic dark makeup on and a pair of jeans and soft sheepskin boots with a sweatshirt.

She comes out of her room, seeing Reed is up.

"Evening..." she says, and plops down on the comfy sofa.

Back to top Go down

Elle's Place. Empty Re: Elle's Place.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:10 am

Reed looks up toward Moraine, "Evening, Moraine."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:12 am

"Elle is fine... Or Hound..." she says.

"So...What's on your mind?" she asks, pulling a comfy blanket off the back of the sofa and bundling up in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:20 am

Reed smile lightly, "Moraine, I never got to answer you about if you would be good with the Invictus. Can I ask first, why join the Invictus? I can help you decide if you're unsure - because I happen to be the covenant before so I can tell you my experience in the covenant."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:23 am

"ELLE please." she says more firmly, getting a bit irritated with him ignoring her wishes.

"I think I'm joining because its what Davis did to be honest."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:33 am

Reed chuckled lightly, "Okay, Elle - so you're joining because of your old lover? If Davis wasn't there if he was part of another covenant would you still join the Invictus? Or would you be joining whatever covenant Davis was in?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:34 am

"No... I would have joined whatever he was in," she shrugs, letting on a bit that she and Davis were more than just lovers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:40 am

"Then to be honest - the Invictus isn't for you, Elle." Reed replied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:43 am

"Really? Why do you say that? I need to align myself with something, being a Hound and all, and I've always been called a loose cannon..." she says, watching him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:01 am

Reed took a moment before he spoke, "Because, just like you said, you're a loose cannon - and because you're only now a hound - that the Invictus is willing to look toward your membership. The Invictus is a covenant that is steep on tradition, formality and obligations. All the blunders that you have been making - would make the Invictus look at you with disdain. I'm sure they probably do already - only tolerating for the fact of your title as Hound. And they will use you without second thought and when you've run out of being useful - they'll toss you out like yesterday garbage."

He paused, "
Sorry for being blunt - but that's the truth - and if you're going to join a covenant - join one that will be best for you - you can get discipline once you find something to work for and to achieve under your own power. For example, I was in the Invictus because of my sire - I didn't feel right with it - so I didn't go back to it when I re-awakened, I decided to begin anew and looked toward the Carthians - because they had a potential that interested me."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:05 am

She listens to him, showing how much she really did learn from Davis by mastering herself at the thought of some covenant using her.

She nods, thinking hard.

"What do the Carthians do Reed?" she asks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:14 am

It's a tricky question - because each Carthian is different from another - yet if you needed to describe what they are - they are growth. Being a Carthian offers you an opportunity to create something that will affect not only yourself but others. Some of them head for social reforms or creating a society - others for total anarchy - but whatever they do, they change the status quo - to keep everyone from being static. So, when I joined the Carthian - I see it as a possible of creating a new potential for all Kindred. The reality of today is not going to be the reality of tomorrow. Like tonight for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:19 am

She wraps her head around that, fiddling with fringe on the blanket, then looks up.

"Tonight? What about it?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:28 am

"In a brief moment, the city structure was shifted," Reed began, "last night, it started with Freddrick in power - and tonight we wake up with Shadow in power. In a span of few hours everything has changed - and luckily we had capable leaders to quickly assume power and hold control over the city."

"
But to tie this to the talk of the carthians - like I said before not all group are tied to same cause - they could be guardians of the current establishment because it works or they could work against it because it doesn't. Reality never stay the same - it's fluid."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:30 am

"Do the Carthians have all those silly titles, Elder Baron whosits and Alder whatevers?" she asks, loathing the idea of memorizing all that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:36 am

"Hell no - all you need to do is be polite - a Mr. or Ms. would sufficient, I believe that only the leader of the movement would be called the Prefect.. but that's rarely used. Yeah, it's not like the formal lineage titles that one has to give to members of the Invictus. And they don't even go in first name basis - such an act is to drawn attention to your relationship - it's like blurting out "Look I'm fucking him." or some BS like that."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:44 am

"Oh god, I wouldnt be able to stand that bullshit..." she sighs, frowning deeply, "well no time like the present to make an ass of yourself and go back on your words for your dead boyfriend to an entire covenant and make them enemies of you eh?" she snorts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:51 am

"Hey, what you're doing is backing off before you committed yourself to something you found not to your liking and saving yourself a greater embarrassment." Reed replied - chuckling lightly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am

She smiles a much prettier and less depressed smile when she hears his laugh.

"So, who's the prefect of the Carthians here?" she asks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:56 am

"That'll probably be Dr. Asaan." Reed replied, "Anyways, you should smile more often - makes you more pretty."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:59 am

"Huh... Would you mind taking me over there sometime? Tonight? Anytime really..." she says, then smiles again, "thanks."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:03 am

"Yeah, if you want, I can call you up when Dr. Asaan calls the meeting for the Carthians and we can head in together."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:05 am

"That would be great, you got stuff to do or you wanna hang for a while and see if any of the mortal news stations picked anything up on the murders..." she asks, giving him an out if he wishes to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:08 am

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind staying a bit longer to catch the news." He says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:18 am

"Thanks, for everything," she comments, leaving it at that and flipping on the TV, sharing the couch with a friend for the first time, and quite pleased with this development.

{{End Scene}}

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down