Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reporting the Nightmare

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reporting the Nightmare Empty Reporting the Nightmare

Post by Darksider42 Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:14 am

Darkness had fallen as John made his way inside the Four seasons for the second time today, the images of what he saw at Edna's still burning fresh in his mind. He managed to wipe his shoes clean of blood along the way so suspicion wouldn't fall on them when they went in. He kept the door open for Navaja as he looked around for the Summer King or any of the other Court rulers.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Reporting the Nightmare Empty Re: Reporting the Nightmare

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 am

~Narration~

The third shift desk clerk is getting set up at the front desk, beyond that, the lobby is fairly empty.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:13 am

Navaja walks in just behind John, hoping to see a changeling other then the Summer King. While she's cleaned up the blood that found it's way onto her, she looks disheveled and weary, any probably not like the hotel's normal clientele. She whispers to John, "So, how do we find... well, anyone? Do you have a plan, or are we just peeking in doors until we see someone with horns or blue skin?"
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:17 am

~Narration~

There's no one wandering about in the main lobby area, just the desk clerk setting up shop for the night.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 am

John thought about this carefully. They were pretty much flying blind at this point. "My guess is we take a look around. Judging from what position "he" has, it wouldn't be much of a streach that everyone else has prominate positions here and work late on other things. But I could be wrong."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:36 am

Navaja looks around the hotel lobby. She nods to the restaurant entrance, "Wanna try there? Looks swanky, if I was a king, I'd hang out there." She starts walking slowly towards it, trying to get a look inside. "I wonder how much they charge for a coke?"
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:43 am

"Its a five star hotel, so I wouldn't be surprised if they charged five bucks or more. If everyone else has as much cash to blow as him, they should be here." He replied as he peered into the resturant.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:47 am

~Narration~

The restaurant is teeming with the dinner rush, and there seems to be a short wait to be seated. The flame from before doesn't appear to be around, but it's hard to tell from the doorway. (( Please include Wits + Comp rolls in your next posts. ))
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:56 am

John looked over the place carefully, anyone could help so long as they wern't so paranoid about outsiders. Like it has been so far.
Spoiler:
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:06 am

Navaja walks up the to the Maitre'd "Excuse me, sir, we're still deciding on dining plans. Could I possibly see a menu?" While she waits, she takes a good look at the dining room.

Spoiler:
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:35 pm

~Narration~

John notices a few grey and brown leaves fluttering out of the door to the kitchen as people walk in and out with various dishes.

Em notices the menu in her face.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Navaja glances at the menu, then hands it back to the maitre'd "Um, thank you."

She turns around and walks back to John, and whispers, "Any other plans? I can't afford a $20 appetizer just in hopes someone shows up sometime."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:18 pm

John thought about this for a moment. There was definitely someone in the kitchens, just wasn't sure on who. "Someones in the kitchens here. Could be one of them. Any ideas how to get in there without causing problems?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:51 pm

"Sort of. It's going to have a back door, and that's our most direct route. Wandering through the dining room we get a whole see of onlookers, but through the backdoor the most we get is a confused kitchen staff thinking we're begging. The question is, once we knock on the back door, how do we get to see someone whose name and position we don't know?" Navaja considers this for a moment.

After a few seconds, she raises her head, "Come to think of it, I do have a plan. It's not much of a plan, but if you've got nothing, it's worth a shot."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 pm

"I'm drawing blanks here at the moment, so anything might be a good plan. So long as it doesn't involve us being chased by angery hotel staff." John said as he got up from his seat.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Navaja pulls out her map and rips off a piece. She scribbles on it "Please help us relay urgent news to the courts."

She heads swiftly out of the hotel, and as she walking, she says quietly to John. "Here's the plan. We work in a bookstore. A two customers, a man and a woman, were in today and one of them dropped this. One said that they worked here, but we can't remember which one. We don't know they're names, but we'll know them if we see them. We're both here because we have a bet. You think the woman worked here and I think it was the man. Sound like a plan?"
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 pm

John thought about it carefully. There was alot that can go wrong with this plan, but then again it was something he could work with if he didn't screw up. he gave her a nod. "Yeah, it could work. Lets get started."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:06 pm

After quite a while walking around the huge building, Navaja finds what she was looking for, a service door that opens out onto a large ally with dumpsters. "This is my bet for the kitchen door. I'll let you knock. You're stronger, and you probably knock louder."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:53 pm

John nodded and banged on the door. He made sure he didn't accidentally open a doorway to the hedge in the process.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:46 pm

There's an eye-hole in the door that allows someone to see who's trying to get in to the kitchen. There's a glint of light in that beady little black dot, like someone's looking at the two of you.

Then you hear a laugh, and when the door opens you recognize where you've heard it.

The coyote-headed changeling sticks his head out the door. Kyle looses a devastating smile at the two of them and with a great deal of dignity, says, "Boo."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Looks like we won't be going through with that plan after all. John thought as he looked at the Beast. "We need to see one of the "seasons'. It's urgent." In times like this, bluntness is better.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Kyle 's smile grows improbably wide. "Ah! You're looking for the Head Honcho? The Big Cheese? Mr. or Miss. Big Deal? Our very own Big Enchilada? One of the Big Fish? A Big Gun, Big Shot, or Big Wheel? Someone like that?" Obviously this guy likes the sound of his voice. "Anyone in particular? Because I happen to be quite good friends with them all."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:06 pm

"Any of them will do. Just hurry up. When I say something is urgent, it usually is." John said in a cold tone. He wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible. He had been running around all day and was not in the mood for the more eccentric members of the Freehold.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:07 pm

The smile never wavers. "That's why I like you red-hots. You all wear your hearts on your sleeves." Kyle holds the door open and motions for them to follow him in to the kitchen. "I'll take you to our very own Big Enchilada then." Kyle leads the odd little procession, humming a little tune to himself as he goes. When he comes to the obvious head chef, he taps her on the shoulder and exclaims delightedly, "Vivian, darling! I found some red-hots and some candy corns looking for you. What do you want to do with them?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:44 pm

Vivian turns around, a spatula covered in sauce in one hand, a butcher's knife in another. "What is it, sweetheart? Not another of your legal pranks, I hope."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Kyle waggles his eyebrows. "Oh no! Nothing of the sort. I was leaving, but I got distracted when I ran across these little lost lambs looking scared and confused outside. One's your's and Sparky here is Garrik's." Kyle shoves the two of them up front. "They look like they want to confess something, and you know what they say about chicken soup and the soul."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:54 pm

Vivian smiles, and lays the utensils back on the counter next to the boiling..whatever she was cooking. "Well then, dearies...come have some soup and tell Auntie Vivian all about it.'
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:30 pm

Kyle slips between the two of them and he drapes his arms over their shoulders. He tilts his head and whispers into Navaja's ear, "It's really good." He tilts his head toward John "Be sure to mind your manners now."

Then he straightens up and nods his head to the queen, "I'm sure they'll be more comfortable without me here. I'll be outside if you need me." He had seen a server heading out for her smoke break while he had been guiding the kids in...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyle stuck his head out into the alley, waited until the girl (she couldn't be more than eighteenl, but she had her hair in a ponytail and damn wasn't it sexy) looked around to see who it was, then he thought really hard about how attractive he was and how bad smoking really was for her. He could see the thoughts appearing in her head, God Damn he's pretty. I should see if he's available instead of wasting my smoke break smoking, like he was writing them on a piece of paper. He smiled at the lambchop. "Hello little girl."

Spoiler:
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:20 pm

(( Reroll that as -5, not -4, please. ))
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:23 pm

Spoiler:
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

John nodded and urged Navaja in. He stood unconfortabley in the kitchen. "I hope this place is safe for our ears."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:22 am

Navaja hurries in, as much to leave the horndog to his prey as to relay their news to the Queen. Once inside, she fixes her stare on the impressive woman in front of her. "Ma'am, I'm sorry this has to be our first meeting, but there's something very important we have to tell you." She looks around at the kitchen, "Is there someplace quiet we could talk?"
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:39 pm

"We're perfectly fine in here, dearie. If this place wasn't safe, do you really think five of us would run it?" Vivian smiles and leans against the counter, watching the other two.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:22 am

John took a deep breath, there was no way of knowing how she would react to the information. "We went to Ednas today and...Everyone there was dead."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:14 am

"Whatever did it left just before we got there, but I don't think it was human." She hurriedly adds to John's statement. She looks down at her fingertips, then back at Vivian, and says softly, "Well, not entirely human, at least."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 am

Vivian goes a little pale, but manages to keep her calm as she listens to all this. "Come back into the freezer. It'll be cold, but it's quieter there."

She leads the two of you off away from the busy kitchen, and then into a cold room. "Tell me everything you saw."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:55 am

John wrapped his scarf around his neck tightly as they entered the freezer. John nods and begins.
"We were directed to the boardinghouse by the summer sovreign. When we got there the power was out except for some light in the back. We heard a scream and headed to the source. When we got there.... John pauses, the images flashing before his eyes in detail. " It was a bloodbath. Most of the kitchen was caked in blood and the back door was ripped off by something...Inhuman. I went to the backyard and...It wasn't much better. Limbs were all over the place, I could guess they were either ripped off or sliced. I saw something in the distance, but it was too dark and it was out of reach of the floodlights" John pauses again to take a deep breath, trying to stay composed as he continued.
"I went back inside and started looking for any survivors. I went up stares and...Blood was flowing from the stairs. I didn't go any thurther than that. Me and Navaja agreed to come back here to inform the Court." And with that he stopped and looked at his shoes, trying to prevent to full weight of the horror from crashing down on him. "Nava, do you see anything else while I was outside?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 am

Navaja wraps her arms around herself and rubs her arms. She nods, "Claw marks, all over the place. Whatever did this had some big claws, and they easily slashed through wood, left dents in metal..." she trails off, leaving off what the claws did to flesh. A second's pause and she seems to get herself back together. "We didn't want to call the police if this was something the courts wanted to deal with privately."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:24 pm

"Edna's isn't exactly just for us. The police will have likely found out by now..." She shakes her head, and watches the door. "I want you two to do me a favor. Keep an eye on the house. Let us know if anyone other than the police show up."

She frowns, "I'll need to speak with Tiffany...she's the only one with any experience with creatures capable of such horrors."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:37 pm

Navaja takes a deep breath and lets it out. "Sure. You still with me John?" She keeps her face completely blank, though her mind is racing with sarcastic things to say that would probably get her in trouble with her queen.

She turns to leave, thinks Lets not make that mistake again, and turns to Vivan, "If we do find something, who do we ask for here? I mean, in case you're not in the kitchen, or if we have to call on the phone. The guy out there called you Vivian?"
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:38 pm

"Just ask for one of the owners, one of us is here at all times."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:45 pm

John nodded. Experience has taught him that most criminals don't actually return to the scene of the crime, but if anyone else takes an interest in this beyond law enforcement...Then that could be a problem.
"Yes, I'm still with you." Strange city and strange place. Anyone thats helped you thus far is worth trusting. To a degree anyway.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 pm

Navaja leeaves the freezer, and walkes out of the kitchen into the ally. She waits for John, then turns to him and says "How are we going to do this? We don't have a car, are we just gonna sit in some bushes across from a crime scene? Cause that'll look real innocent."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm

"Well stay in contact." John called after Vivan as they left. He kept rubbing his hands as they reached the ally.
"Actually, thats the only thing we can do right now, though it won't be too much of a problem. Inital protection of crime scenes is where police presence is highest. As evidence is gavered and taken in for anailisis, officers are called off to other crimes in progress. In a few days the place will just resemble a haunted house." John shivered at the word, it wasn't apporpriate for this situation. "We'll stay in a small hotel somewhere, keep an eye on the boardinghouse and scout out a hollow when we get the chance. What do you think?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Navaja looks at John with a mix of surprise and suspicion. Thoughts tumble through her mind, one after the other. What the hell, he sounds like a cop. Is this a trap? I haven't broken any laws. Not even His. Is He just waiting, then John'll snatch me and... no. John's been cool. He's helped me. There's a better explanation. This is just paranoia. It has to be. We've seen two court leaders, no one's noticed anything funny. She shakes her head to clear the thoughts, and nods at John.

"Sure. I need sleep. I'm getting a little crazy from all this stuff. She looks like she's trying to convince herself of something, and keeps glancing at John. "So, um, how do you know all that stuff?

I can trust him. I can trust him.
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:05 pm

John shrugged. This was bound to come up in conversation at some point. He hoped she didn't have a history or things will go south quickly. "Before I was Taken, I was with the Boston PD. Was never able to go back after my fucking Fetch decided it would be a good iead to screw with my life." The last part sound bitter and, well, rather sad at the same time. He shoved his hands into his pockets. "What about you?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Em Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:26 pm

Navaja sighs, almost with relief. She knew there had to be an explanation. At least she hoped like hell there did. "Grew up in San Francisco. I was in the gangs for a while before I went straight, and went to college. I actually was a high school teacher. She still is, as far as I know. That's why I came here. SanFran's a big city, but I figure there's only room for one of me."

She pauses for a moment, closes her eyes, and draws in a breath and says "Look, I trust you. But cops really really freak me out. Maybe later I'll tell you about it, maybe, but... It wasn't a problem I had when I was teaching social studies, if that's a hint. So if I get all weird when you go into cop talk, it's nothing personal, seriously." She opens her eyes and looks apologetic.

"Now let's find a place to crash."
Em
Em

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:01 pm

Gangs? At least she went straight when she had the chance. John though for a moment. Now this was shit you would expect in crappy cop sitcoms in the 80's. He shook his head and sighed. "Sure, I'm beat. Can't exactly keep an eye on a boardinghouse if its closed after all."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Vivian makes her way through the kitchens and peeks her head out the back door, where Kyle is busy necking away at the girl he made desire him. "Kyle, sweetheart, I have a job for you if you're not too busy keeping my staff on breaks."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:32 pm

It takes a moment for kyle to pull himself out of the fog of Glamour he's been harvesting, and he shoots a irritated glance skyward. Couldn't she see he was busy? Kyle is nothing if not gallant though, what did she say her name was again? Ah, Susan. Well, probably Susan.

"Susan, I'd like to continue this somewhere more, ah, comfortable, but duty calls. Call me?" He flashes his guileless, blue puppy-dog eyes and slips her a card with his voicemail number on the back. Maybe she would and maybe she wouldn't, there would always be more fish in the barrel, so to speak.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next