Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake!

5 posters

Go down

A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake! Empty A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake!

Post by Kim_Possible Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:43 pm

I hate insurance companies. HATE them! Sad

Last weekend my car was rear-ended while I was on my way to a wedding. Looks like my car is going to be totaled by the insurance company (which is probably for the best), by the accident also destroyed about $800 worth of wedding cake (it was a pretty big wedding) that was in the back of my car. Just now (one week later) has the insurance company authorized a rental car for me, and they are balking at paying for the rental car I already got (I had to have another car *that day* to work) because they said it was too big and too expensive (I need a lot of cargo room, and SUVs were all they had that could hold all my stuff).

I am just now getting all the paperwork I need to *try* to get reimbursed for the cake and the loss of income (they had to get another cake from somewhere), and it looks like getting that money back is going to take a looooooong time (if ever).

/rant
Kim_Possible
Kim_Possible

Back to top Go down

A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake! Empty Re: A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:49 pm

I'm Sorry i had a car totaled cuz some asshole decided to rear end me when he was drunk at 2 in the afternoon and I was at a dead stop at a read light and he hit me doing about 68 smooshed me between a mercury and a cadalac in my little neon it took me forever to get the car paid off from the insurance company and then I had to fight with them to pay my medical because the guy was uninsured and driving on a suspended license and I didn't have uninsured motorist coverage so I understand you pain

Back to top Go down

A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake! Empty Re: A rant about cars, insurance companies, and cake!

Post by Guest Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Insurance Company: "The cake is a lie!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox45 Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:46 pm

It's times like these that I'm glad I don't have a car. However, it's only times like these that I'm glad I don't have a car. Man I wish I had a car.
Fox45
Fox45

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim_Possible Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Sweets wrote:I was at a dead stop at a read light and he hit me doing about 68 smooshed me between a mercury and a cadalac in my little neon it took me forever to get the car paid off from the insurance company and then I had to fight with them to pay my medical because the guy was uninsured and driving on a suspended license and I didn't have uninsured motorist coverage so I understand you pain
Sad My wreck wasn't that bad. I was at a dead stop , and she was going about 35. I saw her coming and saw that she didn't see me. All I had time to do was turn the wheel to keep from hitting the person in front of me when she hit me. She drove me two car lengths into the turn lane. The damage to the car was really, really expensive for two reasons: 1) she was driving a Land Rover, so her bumper went right over my bumper and crushed the back of my Matrix, and 2) both of the front airbags deployed, and those things are $1900 each to replace. The car is only worth about $7000, so if the damage is more than 75% of the value they total it and just write you a check. Sad

We did go look at a 2005 Honda Pilot today with only 60K miles on it. The price is right, and it is more than roomy enough for all my stuff. Maybe. Very Happy
Kim_Possible
Kim_Possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:58 pm

You left out the best part. Wink Tell them about the girl that hit you. Very Happy
Law
Law

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Yes, tell us!
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim_Possible Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Very Happy

I think my reenactment of the event was probably more entertaining than my telling it here will be. The girl was 16 and had only been driving for a few months. And after the crash she was alternating between "hysterical" and "paralyzed by trauma."

After the crash I jumped out of the car to make sure she was okay. She had a death grip on the wheel and wouldn't even roll her window down. I was yelling through the window, "Are you okay? You need to get your car into the turn lane or someone is going to hit you!"

I finally coaxed her into the turn lane and out of traffic, but she still wouldn't get out of the car until the police arrived. Apparently I'm scary looking. Very Happy Once she did get out of the car she started with the hyperventilating type crying. I couldn't console her, and neither could the policeman. I thought she was going to pass out. The policeman called the EMTs. I think he thought she had brain damage. Very Happy
Kim_Possible
Kim_Possible

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:00 am

Jesus, lol. Well I'm glad everyone was okay at least.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:54 am

Most 16 year old girl drivers I've known would have jumped out of the car and wrung your neck. Crazy little chicas.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Apparently I'm scary looking.

lol!
Law
Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox45 Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Now, in your policy, it quite clearly states that no claim you make will be paid.

Unfortunately you fell for our never pay policy, which if you never claim is very worthwhile but you had to claim and well here we are.
Fox45
Fox45

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:38 am

She complains . . . but they gave her a really sexy rental. Very Happy
Law
Law

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down