Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris)

4 posters

Go down

Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris) Empty Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris)

Post by West Mon May 11, 2009 10:20 pm

Supernal VisionS, Mental ShieldS, Magic ShieldS, MisdirectionS

Ekko sits in the Rage waiting for the other three to show up. She'd requested a rpivate table so she could give them the whole story without worrying about sleeper ears. Hopfully they would be up for the task like Z thought they'd be.

Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris) Ekkobanner
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris) Empty Re: Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris)

Post by roadnottaken Tue May 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Animus enters the Rage and looks around, unsure how he would recognize Ekko even if he saw her.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris) Empty Re: Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris)

Post by Benjamin Tue May 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Armstrong steps in after Animus, but she's tense, like she's expecting something bad to happen.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Joshua comes in and completes the set. He looks around the Rage, and taps Armstrong and Animus on their shoulders. "There," he says, indicating Ekko's table with his chin. He takes a moment to look around the Rage first, ever paranoid--but in this atmosphere its useless. With a sigh, he threads a way to her table.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Tue May 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Ekko stands and smiles. "Hey, glad to see you all could make it."

She indicates the chairs around the tabel and re-takes her seat. "Order whatever, it's on me." She says, taking a sip of her drink. "Zilker asked me to talk to you all about something very delicate. It seems we have some erm......vampires residing in the city and he wants us to be the welcoming party."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 12:43 am

Jammer looks up from the DJ booth as he feels his Wards breached... again. Sighing, he takes a long hit from his joint, and thumbs through his vinyl as he watches the trio converge on Zilker's buddy.

Soon, the club is filled with the sound of Microchip League's "Communicate" being mixed with Cabaret Voltaire's "Don't Argue".

Meeting the Diplomatic Ones (ATTN: Armstrong, Animus, Joshua Morris) Jammerbanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed May 13, 2009 1:02 am

Armstrong orders nothing, instead keeping her cool gaze locked on the Guardian. "You're joking."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 13, 2009 1:38 am

Joshua also orders nothing, trying to affect a posture in his chair that says "I'm relaxed, I'm cool, really." He fails. He looks around to be sure they aren't being eavesdropped on, and says, "For what purpose, exactly, are we meeting them? Just to make sure we don't step on each other's toes?"
He fights back the urge to ask what would go best with a greeting party gift basket for vampires. Summer sausage? Muffins?
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Wed May 13, 2009 10:10 am

Animus doesn't bat an eye. There are mages and werewolves in this city; why should vampires be any more surprising? "Do you think these vampires have anything to do with Wellmer's murder?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Ekko looks ar Armstrong. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

She turns her attention to Animus. "Actually, yes I do. I went with Kai and investigated the site and there were some very odd findings there. It would appear that what killed them might have been an animal, however, the width of the claw marks would also lead me to believe it was done by a human hand. Now, unless we have a shapeshifting, pissed off Thyrsus running around, I think we're looking at a vamp, or a furry."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Animus ignores Ekko's Thyrsus comment. "Furry? Is that your term for werewolves?" He shakes his head. "From what I heard, whatever attacked Wellmer drank his blood. No werewolf would do that.

"You should know, however, that the attack wasn't isolated; there were at least four others."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Supernal VisionS, Mental ShieldS, Magic ShieldS, MisdirectionS\

Ekko nods. "Yeah, I saw them too. Not a very pretty picture. However, I was unaware of the blood drinking part. So, that would definitly point to the vampires then. Either way, we've been told to meet with them and I assume we're supposed to play nice."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 13, 2009 9:28 pm

"Is there anything else you mean by 'odd findings?'" Joshua asks Ekko. "And have you investigated the other attack sites as well, or just scry them magically like we did?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Ekko frowns.

Nothing like not getting your hands dirty. She thinks.

"No, I went to Wellmer's place and looked at the bodies, touched them, and inspected them. The other oddities? Well for one thing, Wellmer was crucified on his refridgerator. Isn't that odd? But, that is neither here nor there. We're here to talk about this meeting."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

The sandwich baggie with the metal shaving inside burned in Armstrong's pocket.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Thu May 14, 2009 10:53 am

"Fine, the meeting. What do you know about these vampires? I don't think any of us knew they existed prior to your call."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu May 14, 2009 8:11 pm

"I know one of them owns the club Avalon and one of us worked there for the former owner who was also a vampire. That's about it." Ekko says with a shrug, not sure why she was told to have this conversation as she barely has any useful information at all. Or maybe that was the point.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu May 14, 2009 8:26 pm

"Alright then, how do you want us to involve ourselves in this meeting? And more importantly, why?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu May 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Ekko shrugs. "I don't know, maybe Zilker was under the impression that you all were competent at your jobs. As for why, I thought I answered that question already. Haven't you guys gotten the clue here? I don't have all the information. I am doing what I was told."

She stands. "And now I am done. Obviously you all have no intention of cooperating. You just feel like being pissy because you have to deal with a "Guardian" so figure it out yourselves."

She leaves the club and pulls out her phone as she walks away.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm

((Ah! hit send instead of preview))

Armstrong puts her hand out after Ekko. "No, it's the fact that this is, as far as I can tell, a breach of the Veil, involving things that I for one never knew about. I'd love to cooperate, but the extent of the information I have is that there's a meeting you want us to attend somewhere, one of them owns Avalon, one of us worked there, and that there are apparently werewolves here too. The Guardians seem to have some idea about what is going on, and it would be nice to find out what they were planning before we do something silly like burn down a club. Do you think they are killing us?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Ekoo turns and looks at the other woman. "Really? The Guardians know whats going on? News to me, cause I just gave you all the information I was given. Oh and don't forget the part about one of theirs possibly hunting and killing us. That's kind of important too. All I know is, they want to talk to us. Probably about their slaughter fest problem. Maybe ask for our help." She shrugs.

"I was told by Zilker to get you all together and get this meeting going. That's what I intended to do. I don't know squat about vampires other then I don't think I'd like to meet one in a dark alley. And I don't know anything about the furries other then the rumors that they are here too."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Thu May 14, 2009 10:45 pm

Furries. Why does she insist on calling them that? Animus takes a moment to supress his annoyance before speaking. "There are certainly werewolves in this city, and I'm a bit surprised at how unsubtle they've been about howling recently. On the other hand, if we want to do something about Wellmer's murder, they'll probably be about the best allies we can get."

Animus sighs. "I don't think there's much more planning that we can do, given how little any of us know about the vampires. We may as well go meet them now."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 15, 2009 5:51 am

"No, wait a second," Joshua says, speaking for the first time in quite a while. He holds a hand out in a "wait' gesture to Animus but is looking at Ekko and Armstrong. "Will you two please sit?" he asks the women, his voice calm and even, and he pinches the bridge of his nose as he composes himself.
I can't believe I'm the one who has to do this.
"First of all, let's remember to keep our voices down. We do not want to be overheard talking about vampires and blood drinking.
"Second," he says, looking around the table, "I think we all need to calm down, and try this again. Now," he looks to Ekko, "I'm going to try and lay this all out, and we can see where this went wrong, and then we can start over and do this properly. Because for one thing, I'm Sentinel; to have you walk out of here angry would reflect poorly upon me, and by extension the Consilium as a whole. And for another thing, we all have to work together in this Consilium and there's no need to create enemies within when we already have so many enemies without. We need to be able to work together. Agreed?"
He forges ahead without waiting for a response.
"All right, from the top. We talked about Calligan Wellmer's murder before we got into discussion of the vampires, and I only bring it up because I think you may have misunderstood us. When I asked if you'd investigated the other attack sites, you mentioned handling bodies at the Hostel. I didn't mean those," he says, shaking his head, "I mean Animus found that there were other murders connected to this one--spread across the city. I was asking if those sites were known of, and had been investigated, and if not we might want to look into it."
He pinches the bridge of his nose again before continuing, folding his hands in front of him and looking directly to Ekko. "As for vampires. You stated you had very little information, and gave us what you knew. It'd be nice if you knew more, but that's not your fault--Zilker probably should have been given you a fuller briefing, but that's not anything anyone at this table could control. No big deal in the scheme of things.
"But for all the lack of information you have, we have even less going into this situation. It seems Armstrong wasn't even aware that vampires were out there. She was merely asking a few questions, and out of nowhere you accuse us of being incompetents, of not being cooperative, and of being 'pissy' because you're a Guardian. None of which is true."
Well, maybe incompetent. Time will tell.
He licks his lips; he's never once talked so much, and he's getting parched. "I just wanted to put that all out there. I'm not accusing you of anything; I'm not asking for an apology, because none is needed. Vampires are nothing to take lightly and if the idea of meeting them has you nervous, that's understandable. But there's no need to take frustrations out on us when just ten minutes ago you were smiling and welcoming us here to talk.
"One last thing. I have been assigned to work with you on this, by the Hierarch herself," he says. Up to now, his voice has been mostly flat and even, with little inflection, but now his temper starts to come out--just a bit--emphasizing some of his words. "So you are not leaving to meet with any vampires without me. Because I have an order, and I will uphold it, and if you don't like that you can go talk to Andrade."
He stops, and clears his throat, and evenly looks at each of you in turn. "Now. Can we please practice diplomacy? Because we're going to need to do one hell of a lot better if we're going to meet with the vampires."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat May 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Ekko looks at Joshua and sighs. "While I agree with most of what you said, I would like to point out that simple questions are one thing, however asking me questions after I have already ansered them tell me that listening seems to be a challenge. As for keeping my voice down, I have not riased it once. As for meeting with vampires without you, I have absolutely no intention of doing something so stupid. I was merely going to tell Zilker to reassign me."

At this point she smiles and takes a seat. She looks at Animus. "By what you just said you have already had dealings with the werewolves. Is that safe to assume?"

Ekko turns back to Joshua. "My apologies, you asked about the other scenes. Yes, I am aware of the other murders, but I was told others where investigating. However, I was also told the other scenes were similer to the one at Calligen's place. Therefore I think it is safe to assume at this point that it is the same person doing the murders. Why this individual is targeting us, I do not know. But I am just following orde3rs like the rest of you and I would like to make the best of it."

She smiles at him. "Besides, I like working with other Orders. I find you all fascinating."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sat May 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Animus nods. "Before I was Awakened, I stumbled through a Verge and was accosted by a spirit. If that werewolf hadn't happened upon us, I wouldn't be here now. It wasn't easy finding out what had happened, convincing him to trust me, but we both benefitted greatly from the interaction."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun May 17, 2009 2:07 am

"I didn't really mean to imply that you had raised your voice," Joshua says, calming again. "But you were getting up to leave, Armstrong was up to follow you--I just wanted to be... careful. No need to draw attention to ourselves." He smiles. It looks odd, as though it was something he was unused to. "But I'm glad we can just dial things back a bit and try to work together."
Joshua listens to Animus talk about werewolves. Vampires he had known about; werewolves are something altogether novel. "You say they may be good allies for us. Do you think that's possible? Do you know any you can contact, a group like ours maybe, that we could meet with?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sun May 17, 2009 2:26 am

"I haven't made any contact with any of Sacramento's werewolves yet, but I think I know how to find them. Have you heard of loci? The important part is that every werewolf pack must visit them frequently. My familiar can find loci, even from miles away, and with any luck, the one we find will be claimed by a werewolf pack." Animus shakes his head. "But that can wait. Our immediate concern is meeting with vampires, not werewolves."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun May 17, 2009 2:32 am

Ekko nods. "Right. So, I have the contact information I just need to know when you all want to do this?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sun May 17, 2009 2:43 am

Animus shrugs. "Just about any time works for me."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 am

"Same here...I think Armstrong is the only one of us here who actually has obligations."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 18, 2009 2:33 am

She was going to have to talk to Animus about Werewolves. "I'm free most nights, assuming that they are nocturnal." She goes over her itinerary for the upcoming month in her head. "Yes, I'm free every night this week."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by West Mon May 18, 2009 10:05 pm

Ekko nods and pulls her phone out. "Good, let's get this show on the road cause I'm not free every night this week."

She dials the number she was given and waits for an answer.

Ekko frowns.

Vampires have secretaries? Oooook.

"Good evening Oliviette, this is Ekko. I believe Mr. Clarke is expecting my call. Please inform him that the willworkers would like to meet with him at his earliest convienence."

A pause.....

"Yes, he can reach me at this number at any time."

Another pause...

"Thank you, Oliviette. I look forward to his call. Good evening." Ekko hangs up.

She looks at the group. "Of course, it's a vampire, which means we have to wait on his ass instead of the other way around. His secretary says he will call me back. Right."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 20, 2009 9:38 pm

Joshua doesn't say anything while waiting, instead looking around the club. He does not seem very impressed by the place.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 20, 2009 10:10 pm

A few minutes later Ekoo's phone rings again and she answers it. After a very short conversation, she hangs up again.

"We are to meet a Miss Harpy at the club Avalon this evening at ten thirty."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Joshua glances at his watch, a moue of disapproval crossing his face briefly. No time to prepare anything... Except, he had to remind himself, this was supposed to be a diplomatic meeting. He shouldn't have prepare anything. But that hardly felt right.
He looks to his compatriots to see if they're ready.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 20, 2009 10:41 pm

Ekko looks at the other three people and smiles. "Ok, I am gonna have to change then. I will meet you all there."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 11:53 pm

(( Continued here. ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down