Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Math Teacher & Stormtroopers

Go down

A Math Teacher & Stormtroopers Empty A Math Teacher & Stormtroopers

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 4:56 pm

~~Narration~~

Armstrong appears in a rather lavishly appointed living room. Lavishly appointed with expensive furniture, and lavishly appointed with (allegedly) dirty clothes on the floor, and (allegedly) drug paraphenlia on the large glass coffee table.

Zeros
give her a gentle push, sitting her back on the couch. One Zero leaves the room, and the other goes into the kitchen and brings back two glasses of bubbly clear liquid, and offers her one.

Armstrong
looks around with this confused look on her face, but she doesn't resist when one of the Zeros sits her down. Her right eye narrows in suspicion though and she slurs, "Dere's tvo uf hyu? Ven deed hyu get a tvin?"

She's also looking around, since she was in a bar just a second ago, but she hadn't felt any magic happen beyond perfectly normal vodkamancy.

Zero hands her
the glass of mineral water, and waits. From the other room come sounds of things falling, cursing, more falling, and then silence. Shortly, a freshly showered Zero appears, wearing black slacks and a black silk shirt, and toweling his hair still with a hand towel.

He takes
the other glass from the Stormtrooper and sits down next to Armstrong, wrapping her in threads of Life and Purifying her Body.

"Better?" he asks, drinking his own water. "You're a hell of a drinker... I'm impressed."

Back to top Go down

A Math Teacher & Stormtroopers Empty Re: A Math Teacher & Stormtroopers

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 6:09 pm

She sips the mineral water and makes a face, does this help after a night of drinking, she thought. She had no idea, she never did nights of drinking. There was always the damn work. Then Zero does something and she's not drunk anymore.

"You too. And thanks for the..." She waves her free hand around her head in a vague fashion. "Clearing my head thing. I've never done shots before, and they were stronger than..." Something occurs to her then. "Oh my god. Did we really out-drink the head of the Guardians?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 6:16 pm

"Oh yeah," Zero said, putting his feet up on the coffee table and knocking small glass things and mirrors over. "I think it's the first time it's been done," he added with a grin. "And now two people beat him," he continues excitedly.

"You never called," he pouts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 6:35 pm

She shakes her head. "I have like a billion things I'm doing. If I'm not teaching or grading papers I'm off in Europe with Gauss doing Legacy things or I'm off talking to things that I don't think exist. The party was the first time I've had any fun in forever. I'm sorry."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 6:51 pm

"Uh huhhhh," Zero replies, rolling his eyes. "You should make time," he continues, "like me. All work and no play..."

"Aaaaaanyway, I wanted to see if you wanted to join a little club I'm in, very Secret Squirrel. We do things for you, you do things for us, blah, blah, blah," he gestures as if he's conducting an orchestra as he speaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Armstrong re-positions herself so she can see Zero better. "Really? What kind of things?"

She's hesitant to just agree to anything outright, but surely Zero wouldn't begrudge explaining things first.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 8:02 pm

"You know, Rotes, money, shit like that, for clarification of rumors, or a heads-up," he shrugged. "The usual stuff, every now and then... it's not like a..." Zero paused as he went through the list she had given him of what she did, "fourth job."

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Armstrong purses her lips while she thinks. Finally she says, "I wouldn't be opposed Morocco Mole, but tell me, Who else is involved in this club?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 8:30 pm

"I can't tell you," Zero screws his face up in an apologetic look. "Nobody bad. No Banishers, no Seers."

He holds up his fingers, "Scout's honor."

His feelings were hurt. He'd never lied to her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 pm

"I don't doubt you Zero, I was just trying to figure out what I'd have access to when I joined. I mean, you already know what I can do. What's involved besides the trade system? Are there any rituals or anything needed to join up? And why are you offering this opportunity to me anyway?"

The last question was asked with just a bit of confusion, since she didn't think she was well known in the Consilium.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Zero gives her a quizzical look. "Rituals? We're not making Soul Stones or anything, just helping each other."

He put down his empty glass and streeeeetched. Stormtrooper Zero got up and started clanking around in the kitchen.

"I picked you because you're smart, creative, and I prefer talking to women over men. Besides," he added with one of his shit-eating grins, "You need this more than anyone else."

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Armstrong's eye narrows. "Really. Why do you say that?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 9:20 pm

"I think you stumbled into that park deal unintentionally and came up smelling like roses, which scares you so bad you keep it all inside until it finally explodes in something like a shot competition," Zero expounds, shifting to get more cozy on the couch.

Stormtrooper Zero returns with a tray of wine, cheese, and fruits.

Zero pops a strawberry in his mouth and continues, "So you can either keep doing silly shit like that, or let me help. Wine?" he asks, pouring a glass.

Zero says all of this with the unflappable confidence of someone who either isn't wrong often, or does not care at all when he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 10:31 pm

Armstrong opens her mouth. I don't know what you are talking about. The words are right there on the tip of her tongue, but she stops herself from saying them. She closes her mouth before speaking again.

"You're right." She looks like she's chewing nails just admitting that, but once she's admitted it more comes easier. "About all of it."

She takes the glass of wine, but doesn't drink any. Instead she plays with the stem. "Alright. So what did you want to teach me? And what do you want in exchange?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 10:44 pm

"Right now? I don't want anything except to know if I can ask when I do," he said, taking a deep drink of wine. He shrugged. "So I guess it depends on what you want, I'll stake you, if it's not something crazy."

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 29, 2009 11:40 pm

"Yes, of course you can ask."

Armstrong looks around at the apartment while she gathers her thoughts. "Well, I've been focusing on Mastering Space, but unless you know of some way to just stick that information into my head I'm not sure how much help you can be in that endeavor. But that's been my primary goal for so long thatI haven't given more than cursory thought about my next set of goals would be. Probably focus on getting more skill in Mind and studying up on Life or Matter along the way. But things seem to keep popping up to distract me, like werewolves and vampires, so now I have to go around and learns about that kind of thing which takes up even more of my focus. Sometimes I think I should quit teaching and do this full time. That would make my life so much less complicated."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 29, 2009 11:56 pm

"Oh, I can teach you esoteric stuff," Zero said. "Supernaturals, Paradox, the stuff that usually you have to kiss Tyria's ass for. Matter, I can help you with, since I assume it's Inferior for you," he shrugged. "Or Rotes. The rest is, ummmm, yeah... not stuff I can 'stick in your head'."

"Speaking of which," he said, running a foot up Armstrong's leg, "Any interest in some co-location?" Zero smiled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Sat May 30, 2009 12:06 am

Honest confusion spreads across Armstrong's face as she looks as Zero's foot. "I don't know how to Co-Locate. I haven't learned enough Life yet."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2009 12:31 am

Zero tries really hard not to roll his eyes, but ends up having to make a long blink.

"Co-Lo doesn't need Life," Zero said, trying to not let her give him a headache.

The wine would help. He took another swallow.

"And you do know enough Life for what I'm talking about," he tried again, sliding his foot up past her knee.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 am

Armstrong freezes, and a blush rapidly creeps up her neck while Zero plays with her knee. There's a loooong list of reasons why this would be a horrible idea running through her head, all of them perfectly logical ones. The only problem is that each one of those ended with a "but".

They all ended with "But I'm tired of making locical decisions all the time"

And she was.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 30, 2009 12:57 am

(( Fade to Black ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content