Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bad news

Go down

The bad news Empty The bad news

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sat May 30, 2009 1:24 pm

Henry sat on a bench, splitting his attention between today's headlines and the foot traffic going on in front of him. He had been at this for roughly half an hour, probing the surroundings for hints of places Guardian involvment might be needed. In truth, there was little Henry couldn't have guessed at. Foreclusres, crime, it was all truly ho-hum.

One article caught his eye, though. Shooting at SacU dorm, one injured. Henry quickly scanned the article, seeing that he had left few traces for the police to trace back to him. It mentionned only points like 'sordidly assaulting someone in their home, 'destroying students witha bright future', and other fluff items. But there was one point that quite simply disappointing : Injured. Injured. Not dead.

I missed? was Henry's first thought. I'm even rustier than I thought.

He finished the article, as well as the other news items on the same page. Lots of similar items, attacks, murders, but nothing directly related to him. Once he was done, he folded up the paper under his arm, and headed through the throngs. He found a shooting range, and went inside. It was a simple matter to convince the people there that he belonged, and to get himself a shooting booth.

He took his Beretta 92, and took careful aim. The noise of the shot was just one among many. When he lowered the weapon, he saw the shot had missed the target. Almost hit, he thought, but almost doesn't count for squat in a real situation. Henry started pulling threads from the tapestry, to focus his mind, to steady his aim, to make sure the bullet could go nowhere else than the target.

Before the spells could take effect, however, he shook his head, and released the threads. Blinking a few times, he raised his arms again, pointed the weapon at the target dummy, and fired three quick shots. The first two hit, but recoil sent the third one wide. Grimmacing, Henry returned to a ready position, breathed a few times, and pointed the weapon again. Next time, no missing.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

The bad news Empty Re: The bad news

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sat May 30, 2009 6:31 pm

((This might not be the perfect place for it, but I'm gonna put the Wisdom roll I did at the end of Ryan's Awakening thread, since it seems it'll be a short while before I can do a related thread. As you can see this was rolled a while back.))

Spoiler:
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down