Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightly News (Asa)

2 posters

Go down

Nightly News (Asa) Empty Nightly News (Asa)

Post by DaevaDude Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:53 pm

Asa had awakened at dusk, only a few minutes earlier. His nightly ritual - Olivette cuttng his hair, grown long while he slept, while he watched television - was underway, but during a commercial break in his favorite local news broadcast, she held up a VCR tape. "This was broadcast at noon today, on a different station, Mr. Clarke, and it is the sort of thing you have asked me to watch for."

She put the tape into the VCR. After a few seconds of snow, Asa saw the image of an attractive blonde reporter standing in front of a rail fence in some rural area, holding a microphone decorated with the logo for a Sacramento station. The banner "Channel 9 Noontime News" was visible at the lower left corner of the screen.

"Earlier today, law enforcement officers were called to the scene of an unusual and rather disturbing crime. During the early morning hours, unidentified parties killed a number of animals at an area petting zoo and drained them of blood.

"Workers at the Happy Pony Petting Zoo in Robbins, a small community northwest of Sacramento, phoned police after discovering evidence of a break-in which is estimated to have occurred during the early morning hours today. In a public statement, Happy Pony proprietor Walt Hickman confirmed that several of the zoo's animals, including cows, goats and a horse, were completely drained of blood and left for dead."

The image switches to that of a middle-aged man with weathered, tanned skin, dressed in a cowboy hat and blue cotton workshirt. "It was am awful sight. We ain't had nothin' like this happen before, and I hope we never do again. Makes me sick to think someone could do something like this to helpless animals in a business catering to children."

The image shifts back to that of the woman reporter. "Sheriff's Department sources state they suspect the crime might be the work of satanists or pagans who sometimes hold rituals in nearby parks and forests this time of year.

"Channel 9 reporters contacted a spokesperson for the Children of Gaea, a local pagan organization. Elaine Hunter told reporters that none of the members or organizations associated with the Children of Gaea would condone or engage in such practices, and called the crimes 'very unfortunate' while also pointing out that Wicca and other pagan faiths have nothing whatsoever to do with satanism and stating they do not engage in animal sacrifice. She opined that the crime was most likely the work of 'troubled teens or disturbed individuals.'

"Anyone with information regarding this crime is urged to contact the Sheriff's Department.

"This is Rebecca Souter reporting from Robbins, California for Channel 9 News. Back to you, Robin."

Olivette uses the remote to turn off the VCR and turn back to the channel Asa had been watching.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Nightly News (Asa) Empty Re: Nightly News (Asa)

Post by West Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:53 am

Asa's lips thinned in irritation. After O-Yama's text message, he should have expected something like this. Who would expect such a thing though? A petting zoo? How... uncivilized, on multiple levels.

As if he didn't have enough to concern him, some disgusting neonate was trying very hard to Breach the Masquerade.

He would have to call the Reeve... and possibly O-Yama. Asa knew that it wasn't politically correct to stereotype, but every time something like this happened, it seemed to be a Nos.

"Thank you Olivette. Would you make some calls and make sure this isn't an 'ongoing' investigation, in the news or sheriff's department?" he asked.

Nightly News (Asa) Asanoprobanner

West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:18 am

She bows her head and replies. "I have already done so, Mr. Clarke. I was told by a very helpful clerk with the Sheriff's office that while they were not sure this incident at this petting zoo is related, there have been several incidents of animal mutilations this spring. They were described as being part of occult rituals. I was told the investigations had stopped for lack of leads, until this morning's incident."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:24 am

Of course she had.

Asa decided, then and there, that there would be a new Law added for the City's Kindred.

"Olivette, I would greatly appreciate it if you would avoid using the word 'sheriff'," Asa said.

"Do we know any more about these other... mutilations?" he asked, changing the subject.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:11 am

She nodded silently in response to his order to avoid the word Sheriff.

"All I was able to find out about these other incidents was a bit available on the websites of area small-town newspapers. I was unable to find any mention in Sacramento media prior to today. The stories I found did not include much detail, but did mention multiple incidents in which animals were killed and their blood drained. 'Multiple' was not defined, but at least three separate incidents are noted in the coverage. There was mention of "occult symbols", but these were not specified or described. The different incidents were reported to have involved cats, a dog and a rabbit. All were domestic animals, lost or taken from homes."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:21 pm

"Occult symbols?" Asa echoed her, more thinking aloud than asking a question.

I'm sure the petting zoo was a byproduct of the Lost Nights, but these other incidents...

Asa knew that having exsanguinated corpses of any any sort was Not Good. Arnold was needed to patrol the streets. Twist was doing reconnaissance and both might be needed for the petting zoo culprit.

Who's left?

"Would you pass on this information to Priscus O-Yama and Ms. Pia from the other night? Let them know I would appreciate their assistance in resolving these incidents," he finally said.

O-Yama may be the last Dragon, if Twist doesn't find Veritas. Pia's a warrior, also. We'll see if they cut each other's throat claiming credit, or lay the groundwork for good relations between the Invictus and the Dracul.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:41 pm

"I will be glad to do that, Mr. Clarke," Olivette says, as she goes back to cutting Asa's hair. He knows she can be counted on to make the calls as soon as she has finished helping him prepare for the evening ahead.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down