Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector)

3 posters

Go down

Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector) Empty Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector)

Post by DaevaDude Sat May 30, 2009 7:38 pm

((Narrator's Note: This thread branches from "Into a Gilded Cage"))

As Hector suggests to Heathcliffe that they go elsewhere to converse, both notice a shadow pass overhead as something moves through the glow cast by a nearby streetlight. Turning to follow the movement, they notice a large, black crow settle swoop down and roost atop the shelter of a nearby bus stop. It cocks its head and looks at both gentlemen, then flaps down onto the edge of a nearby garbage can. It dips its head in, and goes about pulling out various items, letting them drop, then pulling out another.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector) Empty Re: Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector)

Post by Fractured Sat May 30, 2009 10:07 pm

"Err...you didn't happen to murder a talented young musician and his fiance' last Devil's Night, did you?" Heathcliff asks, eying the bird warily.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector) Empty Re: Outside The Gilded Lily and Beyond (ATTN: Heathcliffe and Hector)

Post by Laufrey Sat May 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Hector watches the bird and it's antics, when it looks right at the two he frowns in obvious displeasure then turns back to Heathcliff without letting the crow out of his site.

Hector thinks for a moment remembering something after Heathcliff's question and a different sort of smile, possibly satisfaction, graces his features. "That's a very interesting question, thankfully I know it's context," He pauses almost as though he wasn't going to answer when, "and no I did not. Not really my style that." He makes the last statement as if a joke but a keen individual may take it for the truth given. "However, if I didn't know any better I'd say we were being spied upon for some unknown reason, but then that's just superstition talking." He shrugs while looking unconcerned, yet never lets the bird leave his field of sight. "Still interested in a drink?" His smile is back in place as he scans the sidewalk and general area to see just how many people are about.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat May 30, 2009 11:42 pm

"Yes, but," he says, advancing on the bird, "I have to satisfy my curiosity first."

Heathcliff, having reminded himself of the ominous nature animists attribute to the crow, looks to see if there's anything out of the ordinary about the trash can the crow sits upon, or in what it has removed...like an eyeball or a finger.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sat May 30, 2009 11:51 pm

That's an odd reaction for most, this may be a promising new venture I've stumbled upon. Hector thought in Greek as he watched his new venture head to investigate the crow. "If you insist." Is all he says with a smile upon his lips as he again looks about to then follow Heathcliff to inspect what the crow was up to beyond the obvious hoping it really wasn't a spy, he hated spies especially of the animal variety.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun May 31, 2009 11:28 am

Narrator Note: Go ahead and roll Wits + Animal Ken for Heathcliffe and Hector. If you don't have Animal Ken, that would be wits -1.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun May 31, 2009 1:19 pm

Spoiler:
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sun May 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Spoiler:
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun May 31, 2009 3:39 pm

Narration:
As Heathcliffe and Hector approach the bird, it leans back away from them, lifting its wings. It turns its head back and forth between them, its eyes red-rimmed, then lifts up from the edge of the garbage can and aloft with a few hard beats of its wings.

Heathcliffe realizes he's never seen a crow, or indeed any bird, behave like that. The way it reared back was more akin to how a human would back away from something or someone, and its head movement was more like the side-to-side glance of a human than the rolling manner in which birds usually move their heads. Most telling, though, was the fact that it didn't caw to express its displeasure with being approached. He's left with the distinct, and rather uncomfortable, impression that despite appearances, this crow's behavior is more human than bird.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun May 31, 2009 5:42 pm

Heathcliff watches the crow fly away with a puzzled expression. He decides to wait to discuss why he felt that bird was 'wrong' with Hector until they are in the privacy of the Lily. For now, he simply looks into and around the recently vacated trash can.

If it wasn't a bird, that means it was here for a reason, he thinks.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:38 am

Hector watches the bird fly away as well as Heathcliff from the back wondering at the little episode. He then watches Heathcliff look around for anything that may be insightful to him attempting to see where the man was possibly heading with his thoughts. Not to be obvious, Hector also takes a few moments to visually scan the area of the Raven's discarded trash while waiting patiently.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:14 am

Narration:

Hector and Heathcliffe both soon lose sight of the bird as it flies over the roof of a business down the street from the Lily and out of their field of vision.

Heathcliffe and Hector don't see anything obviously out of place or of interest in the garbage, but both notice there is a half-eaten sandwich in there among the napkins, plastic lids, paper cups and so forth the bird kept picking up and dropping with its beak.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:13 am

Heathcliff turns back toward Hector and speaks quietly. "I think you are right, that we are being observed. Let's go get that drink, shall we?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Hector gives his newly minted companion an odd look and a slight cock of the head as he answers, "Sure." Without anymore preamble he turns back to the Gilded Lilly to find a nice comfy spot with a view of patrons. Hectors thoughts slowly turned over the recent events, considering Heathcliff in a variety of different lights so to speak as he considered the man's idea of actually being observed.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:02 pm

"I have my suspicions about that 'bird,' Hector. It's reaction to us was more...human than animal. It tried to back away like a cornered person. Birds just fly off. And...and it didn't make a sound the whole time. It was very odd. But you had some questions you wanted to ask?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:59 pm

Hector smiles in response to Heathcliff's explanation, considers a moment before replying with, "Hmm, now that you mention it I suppose it did. But still, animals have some odd behaviors just as we humans do. Or have you had other experiences to suggest it was more than it seemed?" His tone was mildly curious as though examining a new thought with a manner of one on the search, a good seat.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm

"I have spent a great deal of the past year...capturing...animals. To eat, you know? And that bird was acting very odd." Heathcliff looks around the club to discern whether any of the patrons were giving he and Hector an undue amount of attention.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Hector slows at Heathcliff's remarks, wondering if there was more to his new companion or if he was just odd. Well, he thought, there is more than one way to skin someone. "I'll take your word on the bird. But really, you're a hunter? I wouldn't have pegged you for the country camping sort, when by your clothes you'd be fine with wine and a good well cooked meal. Unless you're talking about having Korean style meat?" His smile was waning just a little bit as the conversation began to turn a bit this way or that while his eyes seemed to take in everything with a reserved sort of fierceness.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:27 pm

(((ST Note: Since the action has moved back inside the Gilded Lily, so is this thread.
Continue in the "Gilded Cage" thread.)))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down