Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons))

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons)) Empty Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons))

Post by Lexi Mon May 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Mirella had just gotten a nice bite to eat on her way to the clubs in downtown, and she found one that seemed almost suited for just her tastes. Perhaps she'd even find a nice body to take home. She's wearing a long, red dress, with some flexibility and her long black hair cascading straight across her shoulders. Her eyes settle in at the bar, and she steps over, sliding onto a barstool, and smiling at the bartender. "Could I haff a little somezing red, sveetheart?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons)) Empty Re: Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons))

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 26, 2009 3:10 am

Martin comes down from the office to take a look around. It had been a real pain in the ass, having to hire a new doorman and a new bartender to cover Aura's sudden disappearance, but he had a feeling the replacements would do just nicely.
He comes to the bar to see how his new 'tender is doing, and feels the presence of a Beast more powerful than his. He changes direction, instead stopping at the seat next to Mirella. "Good evening," he says, pleasantly enough. "I don't believe I've seen you around town before. My name is Martin." He holds out a hand.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons)) Empty Re: Into a Gilded Cage ((Attn: Lily Patrons))

Post by Lexi Tue May 26, 2009 4:39 pm

Mirella doesn't extend her hand, but offers a smile at Martin. "I am new een town. I am called Mirella."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm

Martin lowers his hand, as gracefully as one can when one's hand has just been ignored. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Mirella," he says. "Welcome to Sacramento, and the Gilded Lily. Might I ask what it is that brings you to town?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue May 26, 2009 9:36 pm

Heathcliff had been told of the Lily when he was Embraced over a year ago. This was his first visit, prompted by his sudden need for...people...who would understand what he was going through. He had guessed that he'd need to get dressed up, and had put no small effort into his wardrobe tonight. He looked pleasant in his cheap suit and spit-shined shoes, so long as you didn't meet his milky stare.

He had guessed right, apparently. These people were done up proper. He tried to keep himself from licking his lips at the menagerie of soft, supple female flesh assembled before him.

If they only knew...

He walked up to the bar and did his best attempt at 'casual,' as he looked over the club and decided who he'd talk to. There was an interesting woman in red...
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue May 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Mirella continued smiling at Martin, "I vas in need of a change of...'ow you say...Zenery?" She offers the slightest faked yawn, "Berlin vas quite boring after so many years."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 27, 2009 2:46 am

"Berlin?" He looks impressed. "That's fascinating. Well, you have come quite a long way. I do hope that Sacramento is able to give you what you are looking for, Miss Mirella."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 27, 2009 11:55 am

"It eez a fazinating city, but it eez a bit...old. Everyone zere eez old. All I am looking for eez zomething new."

Mirella leans against the bar a little, one hand supporting her chin.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 27, 2009 8:44 pm

"Well," Martin says with a smile that fails to have much humor in it. "Be careful what you wish for, they say. Welcome to Sacramento... I hope it has what you're looking for."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu May 28, 2009 1:11 am

"Perhaps you could help me vith somezing? I haff met the Seneschal, but haff not seen any sign of ze Invictus?" Mirella takes a sip of the blood red drink, and waits for an answer.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu May 28, 2009 1:20 am

Martin nods, "I see, yes." He gestures to a private booth. "Somewhere not so public, hm?" He heads across the room and seats himself into a booth, not waiting to see if Mirella follows.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu May 28, 2009 9:32 pm

Heathcliff wandered about the club, smiling wanly at people who caught his eye, but felt terribly out of place, despite the effort put into his appearance tonight. Finally, he leaned against a wall and checked his watch.

Whatever he was looking for, it wasn't here tonight. He started making his way toward the exit.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu May 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Mirella follows Martin off to the private booth, sliding into it and smiling across at him.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Thu May 28, 2009 9:53 pm

Goddammit, Heathcliff thinks as he looks over his shoulder before leaving the club, only to see the woman in red follow the man to a booth.

He walks out and feels the cool night air on his face and exhales, out of habit. He sets out on foot, letting his thoughts wander.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 3:54 am

Martin is quiet for a bit, trying to put together an answer. "The city is currently in some disarray," he finally says. "There is a Kindred by the name of Eric Bethem within the city; two months ago, he began attacking the elders of Sacramento. Our Prince, ash, and many of his peers as well. Naturally this included many of the Invictus, as power seeks power.
"Our current Prince, Asa Clarke, is in the Invictus. He is new to the covenant, but as far as I know he is the most powerful member of the First Estate in the city at this time. I am also of the Unconquered, and one of the Prince's primogen. It has been a while since our last meeting," he muses, "perhaps I should ask the Prince about calling one together."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri May 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Mirella shakes her head quietly, and settles into the booth. "I had heard ze city vas troubled, but not quite so much." She offers a smile, though, and licks her lips. "Perhaps I could be of zome assistance, I vas an elder member in good ztanding in Berlin. Eez there some vay to meet with zis Prince?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Martin nods slowly. "It may be possible," he says. "The Prince is busy, of course, but I may be able to arrange a meeting." He pulls out a cell phone as he talks, and begins to text. "Did you hold any titles in Berlin?" he asks while he futzes with his phone. "Guild standing, anything like that? Just out of curiosity; at this point in time we don't really have anything established here."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri May 29, 2009 2:42 pm

Mirella smiles a little, "I vas ze Alder Lady Mirella Diederich, Meizter of Chemistry."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 3:12 pm

"A Meister? Very nice," Martin says, and looks duly impressed. "Chemistry seems a rather specialized field. Was there much need for it in Berlin? By the way, what is your family line? I am of the Ventrue."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri May 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Mirella shrugs slightly, "It is vhat I do. Zere vas already a Meister of generalities of Science." She twirls her hair a little around one finger, "I am of ze Ventrue clan."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Martin's smile gets wider. "Ventrue? Excellent, excellent. Glad to hear it. Well. Perhaps once we gain some stability in the city, we'll be able to form a school for you here, as well. The Invictus needs some structure--Guilds sound like just the thing."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Fri May 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Hector walked along the street absorbed in some thought as he approached the Gilded Lilly, he stopped dead in his tracks and focused in front of him to Heathcliff who he’d inadvertently just blocked from walking his set path. An easy and infectious smile came to his face as he moved out of the others way saying, “Sorry, I got a little lost in thought,” looking at the building he’d been approaching he made a satisfied noise and looked back to Heathcliff, “If you’ll excuse me.” Hector then began to turn with the intention of entering the upscale classy bar.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Heathcliff feels the presence of a more powerful Beast behind the easy smile of the man who had deterred his path. He tried to smile back, but only managed a grimace.

"No problem. I was wrapped up in my own thoughts, too." Heathcliff decides that he literally has all night to brood alone, and he's had plenty of those nights recently. Why not strike up a conversation?

"Hey...that's a nice suit. Where did you get it?" he says after the man passes by.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sat May 30, 2009 12:12 am

Hector's reply is quick and smooth, "From one of my favorite places in Athens," he stops and moves out of the way of any more foot traffic to speak easier as the man seemed to react a little different than most normal people to him and somewhat intent on making conversation to boot. Curious as to who or what he may have bumped into if anything, Hector chose to fish a bit, "I'm Hector, recently arrived here and checking things out." His smile's infectious and genuine as he offers his hand in greeting.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat May 30, 2009 12:29 am

"Vere there no guilds here before?" Mirella doesn't stop smiling, although her tone has dropped a little.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat May 30, 2009 3:19 am

"I'm not sure. I'm a transplant here, myself," he says by way of explanation. "But I don't believe there were, and if there were they were not very active. Our previous Prince was unaligned," he says, distaste plain on his face. The word 'leper' may as well have passed his lips. "My understanding is that he did not much care for the Invictus to have much of a base in the city. But he is gone, and that will change."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat May 30, 2009 10:54 am

"Hector," he repeated, as this helped him remember people's names when he felt nervous, and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you. My name is Heathcliff. So you're new to Sacramento? I have lived here most of my...life, but I haven't been out in Society much in the past year." He tugs at the lapel of his cheap, yet nice-looking suit, to prove his point.

"However, I feel that it is time for that to change." He smiles faintly. "So what do you think of the city so far?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sat May 30, 2009 1:41 pm

Hector comes across as not only likable but charming as well upon his reply, "A pleasure Heathcliff, and yes I've only been in the city a very short time most of which was finding a suitable, living space." It would have seemed he was going to say something else before finding the living space phrase more entertaining.

"I don't recall ever meeting more than a real handful of people that are true natives to a city, if you wouldn't terribly mind I'd be interested in picking your brain, so to speak."
He takes a moment to look back at the Gilded Lilly, "Could I interest you in a less busy conversation spot?" He motions to indicate the foot traffic rather than anything else. Almost as an aside without missing a beat or having paused, "And if you're any indication of proper attire here I may have to put a little extra effort in to look my part as a respectable member of, society." As he says this he noticeably brushes imaginary dust from off a sleeve of his suits light jacket.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat May 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Narrator note: I would like Hector and Heathcliffe to each make a Perception (Wits + Composure) check.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Sat May 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Spoiler:
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sat May 30, 2009 6:16 pm

Spoiler:
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sat May 30, 2009 7:21 pm

(((NARRATOR NOTE: Hector and Heathcliffe left the Lily for a time, but have gone back in and are having a conversation. (see Outside the Gilded Lily) )))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:35 pm

Hector upon spotting a private booth with a decent view indicates it's where he's heading to Heathcliff and takes a seat, looking as though he were wanting to lounge but restrains himself.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Heathcliff joins Hector at the booth. "Well, I've been away from Society for about a year, so I've had the opportunity to do some game hunting," he says in response to Hector's earlier question.

"You said your suit was from Athens. Are you originally from Greece?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 pm

Hector ponders Heathcliff's admission for a moment before deciding to come back to it at some later time. Looking into the other kindred's eyes he smiles as he replies, "If only that were the case. No, I'm an American by birth but I've been on the move most of my life thanks to mother fond of hard to find rare art among other things. I've found that I enjoyed Greece quite a lot and go when ever able, I can put you in touch with some people if you're inclined to try, which I of course heartily recommend." His smile has gone from the easy charming to the remembering infectious sort as he recounts something or other in his memory with his gaze wandering the available scenery.

Holding up a hand as if to forestall he says, "However I must say that there are no comparisons to the women of Germany." He looks wistful for a moment before finishing with, "The things I have done would not hold to what I would do for a decent German woman." He sighs in a very elaborate manner as if just having witnessed something awe inspiring, looking back to his companion he asks, "What about yourself, go anywhere other than this continent?"
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 pm

((Perception Checks for Heathcliffe and Hector, please?))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 pm

Spoiler:
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Spoiler:
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:34 am

((ST Note: Martin and Mirella can also make Perception checks, if they so wish))

From their booth, Heathcliffe and Hector both notice someone come through the front door. This Caucasian man is quite tall and muscular, with shoulder-length, wavy brown hair and a square jaw. He look somewhat out of place for this establishment, dressed as he is in a leather jacket, jeans, a black t-shirt and motorcycle boots.

The man stands just inside the door and looks around. Heathclife and Hector both notice that as his glance sweeps in their direction, he hesitates for just a moment, then quickly turns away. He takes a few steps, looks over at another booth, then tenses up and freezes in place.

Last edited by DaevaDude on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:49 am

A very small and quiet laugh escapes Hector, one to match the smile on his face which changes to a cat having just found the mouse that had previously eluded it. He looks about to say something just as the man freezes as a reaction to something and attempts to find it's source.

Spoiler:
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Heathcliff watches the man and looks over at Hector. "I wonder why that man is watching us. Perhaps we should ask him. What do you say?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:26 pm

((ST Note: Hector needs to make a Wits + Composure check w/ +1 bonus))
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Spoiler:

So apparently Hector doesn't miss much.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Narration:

At the same time Heathcliffe asks him a question, Hector tries to determine what caused the tall man to react so strongly. Looking across the room to another booth, he notices two kindred seated there talking, a man and a woman. Hector's inner Beast reacts to the strength of their blood; the man's is less strong than his own, while the woman's is of the same strength. He is able to push down the Beast easily enough, and by then, while Heathcliffe's question about the tall man is still registering, both notice the man appears to have regained his composure. Both notice him glance briefly in their direction as he turns toward the door.

Hector also gets a nagging feeling that the tall man is familiar, perhaps someone he's met before, though he isn't able to connect a name to his face.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Recovering quickly Hector looks at Heathcliffe saying, "Yea but this could get a little dicey and I'd rather not have to worry about you getting hurt. Just wait here a moment and let me see if I can catch up to him." Getting up quickly he moves after the supposed biker, not quite at a run but fast enough to indicate importance to anyone in his way. The intent is to catch the man just outside the doors rather than inside.
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:32 pm

"Ok, I'll wait here, but be careful." Heathcliff decided to give his new friend a few minutes to do what he felt was necessary; if he didn't return in a reasonable amount of time, he'd go looking for him.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:02 pm

Hector hurries after the tall man and rushes through the door just a couple steps behind him. As he comes through, the man turns toward him, his expression hard to read. Above his thick eyebrows, his brow is furrrowed, but the left side of his mouth is turned up in a half-grin.

"You want something?" he asks.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:31 am

Hector looks the other man right in the eyes as he smiles saying, "Yea actually. I think you got the wrong impression of the place and left to soon. Plus I'd appreciate it if you helped settle a bet my friend inside." Pointing out the motorcycle boots, "I can tell those aren't for show as you're not the type. It's really a point of pride, my friend you see thinks that bikers are preening Madonna's while I contest that it's about functionality with a care for one's possessions." Holding up his hand to forestall any rebuttal he continues, "Look just come in have a quick drink and you'll be fifty bucks the richer for your time and you don't even have to side with me. if that's not a deal I don't know what is?"

Hector while talking is also ensuring he gets a good look at the guy and anything that may denote affiliation.

Spoiler:
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 am

ST Note: Go ahead and roll Hector's Int + Wits -1.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Laufrey Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:47 am

Spoiler:
Laufrey
Laufrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next