Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone) Empty The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 pm

After a quick meeting with the staff, Martin walks the floor of his club. Well, not his--Asa's, really, his to give and to take away, just as he had with Neil. But that was mere technicality.
He speaks with some of the guests, getting to know who his patrons are. He's in what passes for his best suit--a deep chocolate, it doesn't quite fit him perfectly. The tie is white, and silk, and may cost as much as the jacket he's wearing.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone) Empty Re: The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:14 am

Aura heads in, having missed the meeting, wondering what is going on that she doesnt see Neil.

She hopes Darren arrives soon after her, catching the feel of Martin's beast from across the room.

"Excuse me?" she murmurs in that perfect lilting French.

Back to top Go down

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone) Empty Re: The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:20 am

He looks up from the couple he was speaking to, and excuses himself from them, and steps over with a smile on his face. "Miss D'Or," he says, "I hope the evening finds you well." He bows to her, slightly.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:37 am

"It does, is everything alright? Mister....." she tilts her head, trying to recall if she has met him.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:42 am

His smile grows a little wider. "Everything is excellent tonight, yes." He pauses, then seems to note her confusion. "I'm, ah, I'm Martin Carpenter. We haven't really been formally introduced, but I've seen you in passing, at the... family meetings. You're Baron Dupree's childe, yes?" His voice is a bit lower, and he steps closer, to ensure that no one might overhear them.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:47 am

"Yes, I have since been released Monsieur Martin..." she murmurs, her accent putting a very pretty lilt on his name.

"Has something changed?" she asks, tilting her head. this angle accentuating her beauty.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:58 am

"Ah, release," Martin says. "An exciting time for you, no doubt." He listens to her question, then nods. "Indeed something has, Miss D'Or." He motions her aside, to be sure they are out of earshot. "As you may know, Priscus Clarke owns the Lily; he has selected me to run the establishment."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:02 am

"Oh...but I thought...What happened to Neil?" she asks, remaining surprisingly calm.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 am

Martin shrugs. "I'm afraid I'm not privy to the details, but Mr. Clarke seems to be rather unimpressed by Mr. Coben's tardiness to family events. It does not speak well of a man in his position that he would not see us during such important times."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:12 am

"Ah I see, well the family comes first," she nods seriously.

"In that case Mister Martin, would you still like for me to tend the bar? I believe that I have done a more than adequate job thusfar..." she smiles pleasantly.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 am

Martin looks surprised for a moment. "Oh, you tend bar here? That is excellent! Please, do stay on, I would love to have you here."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:39 am

"Wonderful, I love working here I hope I can live up to your expectations. The regular door bouncer Darren should be here shortly as well. I will have to introduce you," she smiles.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:46 am

"Ah, yes," he says, "the bouncer. I shall definitely have to have a word with him, just to let him know about the changes. I want the transition to be as smooth as possible... I'm sure it won't be an issue, of course." He smiles again. "Miss D'or, I'm sure you will not only meet my expectations, but exceed them admirably."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:59 am

She smiles widely and rather dazzlingly at the praise.

"Thank you Monsieur Carpenter, I will do my best of course, Darren is a fantastic doorman, he has admirable qualities and the level of courtesy that would be expected at a fine establishment such as the Lily..." she murmurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:04 am

Martin can't help himself; he breaks a bit, moving away from the rather plastic, frozen smile that's been on his face, and instead chuckles with some real emotion. "Forgive me," he says, "But that's rather high praise for a doorman. You're correct that discretion and courtesy are very important in a place like this, but it sounds to me as though you think rather highly of Mr. Darren. Perhaps more than a business relationship, eh?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:07 am

If she could blush slightly she would.

"Nothing unprofessional at the Lily Monsieur, if I may, I should go and open the bar, as patrons are starting to arrive," she smiles, artfully dodging this.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:14 am

"Of course, of course," he says, that smile back on his face, waving a hand towards the bar. "Let me know if there's anything you need." He heads towards the door, to see to the public.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:17 am

Aura heads behind the bar, her dazzling smile and rather luciously beautiful curves attracting patrons and making a pretty penny for the Lily that night on the expensive drinks she encourages them to buy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Marius had been reluctant to see Aurelie ever since the little dispute with her Sire, but he still felt strongly for her and he had to find out why. The city had changed over night, so perhaps it was a good time to try things anew.
He walked into Lily's dressed in bluejeans and a neatly tucked in black shirt, buttoned up almost to the neck. His hair was flowing wildly over his shoulders and his eyes were alight with intensity.
Seeing Aurelie at the bar he made his way over.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:05 pm

She looks up to the handsome man she doesnt recognize.

"Bonjour Monsieur, can I get you a drink?" she asks, having no idea who he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:21 pm

He had expected as much, not even a hint of recognition. It stung just a bit more than he had expected.
Then, without even realizing it, he switched to French.
"Good evening chérie." He usually didn't use the power of his blood in such situations, but he needed to make an impression.
04-17 15:15:43 Marius rolls 9 dice to Pres+Expr+Maj -1 4 successes 10,6,6,9,4, 9,8,2,2,1
"I'm sorry, it's not easy ordering a drink when your beauty is so striking." He said with a warm smile. "Any recommendations?"
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:25 pm

She blinks, her gaze going a bit more focused on him.

"Merci beaucoup... We have many drinks that might interested you Monsieur..." she murmurs, figuring he is Kindred, the man too impossibly handsome to be mortal. The back of her mind wonders where Darren is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Hearing her accent again his smile widened ever so slightly, amused she hadn't switched to French when he did.
"Please, call me Marius." he said, still talking in French. "I think I'll have a Bloody Marry." He knew it was cliche, but it was fun non the less.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:33 pm

"Oui? Marius, that is an interesting name, mine is Aurelie," she smiles, switching into French, then turning to mix his drink, something pinging in the back of her mind, but nothing coming foreward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Sigmund enters the bar with only one thing on his mind...a target or a meal..perhaps both. He didn't often have a chance to use the uniqueness he brought to the fold, especially of late, but one musn't get rusty, shall they?

He'd put on his nicest vest and tie combo, a mix of punk and stylish, and his hair was even shinier than ever, with a little help from gloss and gel. He stops for a moment to take a look out among the crowd, listening for whispered secrets and quite aware of the lesser beasts in view.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:49 pm

When she turned to mix his drink he let the power of his blood slowly subside, knowing that the aftereffects were just as potent, and not wanting to arouse more attention than he already had.
He knew a bit about the Ventrue's ability to alter someones memory. First of all it was never perfect, he had learned that the power had to be wielded like a scalpel rather than a hammer, and the user needed to know as many details as possible. Most importantly however, it was never perfect, or truly permanent. The easiest way would be to find another with the ability, and have him return her memories.
When she returned with his drink he gave another warm smile, looking deep into her eyes.
"Your French reminds me so much of my former home in Paris. Might I ask where are you from?"
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:49 pm

Aura blinks as the new comer enters, flinching and resisting the urge to bolt from her post at the bar. She takes a deep breath, her shaking hands luckily not spilling Marius' drink.

"Oh... I am from Paris as well," she flashes one of those impossibly stunning smiles of hers.

(Edited to add comment, Soul posted exact same time I did and it didnt make sense)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:54 pm

Marius noticed a new beast enter the bar and couldn't help but turn his head, to see who rivaled his own power of the blood. His beast was screaming to slay the newcomer, but it wasn't hard to subdue it, for he had seen much more powerful immortals in his many years.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Sigmund makes his way across to the bar, after getting his bearings, and leans in close enough to Aurelie, but far enough from Marius to not seem too threatening...yet. "Care to mix me something special, darling...?" he says with an almost perfectly eloquent British tone to his voice.

He smiles brightly and lets his hair fly back a little as he turns his head towards the bartender.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:04 pm

Interesting... He thought, as the man sat down not too far from him, Aurelie almost forgotten for the moment as his beast was still purring in his ear to get up and smash the guys face to a pulp.
He faked a sip from his own drink, fixing his eyes on the man who, up close, looked very striking. If he could catch a glimpse of his eyes, perhaps he could gauge how old he truly was...
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:32 pm

"Oui Monsieur," she breathes, stunned by his overwhelming power, and impossibly handsome looks.

She mixes him something 'special' a Kindred drink, and slides it to him, biting her full lower lip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Sigmund smiles even brighter, pushing hair away from his face as he takes a sip from the glass, almost purring as he speaks again, "And 'ow much will tha' be?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:41 pm

If she could blush she would, brightly.

"Ah...{insert price here} but if you are planning on returning to the Lily I can start you a tab..." she murmurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:56 pm

"That won't be necessary, my dear..." he says, pulling a bill from his vest pocket. "Keep the change."

He gives another bright smile, before heading into the club to mingle.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:58 pm

"Oui... I hope to see you again." she smiles politely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:01 pm

He didn't know why, but hearing proper English being spoken, was like taking a trip down memory lane. He could see that the mans attention was somewhat preoccupied, and he didn't blame him, Aurelie looked as beautiful as ever.
He saw the man get up and move deeper into the club. For a moment Marius considered to reveal his true beasts power from behind its Mask, but that would be childish. If he was as old, then he would know either way.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:24 pm

After some time had passed, Marius got up from his seat and headed in the direction of the other kindred. He wanted to meet this man, and see if he was as old as himself.

His steps were light as he moved through the crowd, coming up a respectable distance behind the other.
"Good evening." He said in a voice, barely audible over the music, testing the mans senses.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:28 pm

"Good evening indeed." He smiles without turning around just yet, and takes another sip from his glass. "Can I help you with something?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 pm

He smiled, having expected nothing less.
"It is rare to meet someone as... potent as you nowadays." He was about to say 'old', but he did not know whether that was true, yet. With a little effort Marius switched to the British English he had learned in London back in the early 18-hundreds, it was usually the fastest way to judge someones age these days, without being rude or blunt.
"I was merely looking to introduce myself after having heard your formidable accent. It's been too long since I've spoken proper English."

((My Shakespearean English is far from good, so in order to safe time researching the exact intonations please just imagine the last sentence being spoken as someone back in the 1750's would've said it.))
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:55 pm

Aura continues tending the bar, keeping her eye on all the Kindred in the room and doing a marvelous job as always keeping her patrons entertained, occassionally sending a text.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:58 pm

"I'm only speaking the Queen's English. Nothing wrong with that, is there?" He turns, the long hair covering his eyes just slightly for the moment as he glances the other man over once. He takes another sip of his drink, and leans back against the wall he was close to, an arm crossed over his chest, letting the light shine right through and against his bright skin and hair.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:41 pm

Martin continues to walk the floor; the smile on his face is half-smug, half-content. But as a new Beast enters the Lily a change comes over him. He pauses, then slowly turns, forcing himself to see this powerful specimen. Damnable Blood, he thinks, fighting the urge to flee. He knew intellectually that meeting new Kindred was unavoidable in a place like this, and thought he had been prepared; but instinct wanted to take over, instinct wanted to pump Vitae into his legs and make him flee.
He doesn't approach, but he makes damn sure to keep an eye on Sigmund--not hard, considering how beautiful the man was--and slowly tries to gather the nerve to walk over.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 am

Aura watches Sigmund from across the club, quite taken with his complete and utter handsomeness and presence, the urge to run from his powerful Beast gone now.

She finally yanks her gaze away, thinking hard about Darren, and slowly calming down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:46 am

Darren arrives at the Lily following the texts from Aurelie, and makes a joke with his fellow doorman currently on duty. His night off, Darren wonders if Neil is about and scans the club but upon seeing Aura, he smiles and heads over to the bar.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:50 am

"Bonjour Darren... I am glad you came... We have a new boss," she murmurs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:52 am

Trying his hardest not to kiss her, he smiles. "Neil's gone? Who's in charge now?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:56 am

"Monsieur Carpenter over there, his first name is Martin, Asa hired him because Neil was not doing a good job, I think we must be on our very best behavior..." she murmurs, pouring him a drink.

"You should introduce yourself to him."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:59 am

Taking a sip, Darren nods and heads over towards the new manager, saying to Aura "Wish me luck," before leaving the bar.

He stands at a respectful distance from Martin with his hands crossed across his belt, and waits for him to glance his way before introducing himself.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:20 am

It's difficult, but Martin does manage to tear his eyes from Sigmund. "Good evening, sir," he says in a pleasant tone, smiling wide and holding out a hand. "I trust everything is well?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:55 am

"Nothing wrong with that at all." Marius said as the man turned around. He finally got a good look at the character, and couldn't help but feel the guy had overdressed slightly.
He extended a hand, a still fashionable form of greeting even in this century, while his calm eyes remained fixed on the other immortal.
"The name's Marius."
He figured since the Prince had known and called him by his real name, everyone knew him as Marius by now.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next