Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:33 am

Darren extends his own hand to shake back, smiling as he does so.
"Mr. Carpenter? My name's Darren, one of the doorman employed by the Lily's previous manager, Mr. Coben. I just wanted to come over and introduce myself."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone)

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:42 pm

Sigmund takes the hand, squeezing and shaking it politely. He smiled again, and took another sip before answering. "I'm called Sigmund. At least, to my face."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Martin nods slowly, and his smile changes--it becomes a bit more genuine, somehow. He gives Darren an appraising look. "Ah, Darren. Yes, Miss D'Or has spoken quite highly of you. I very much appreciate you coming over to see me. This is an evening off for you, I take it?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Aura watches Darren from across the club, glad to see that Messr. Carpenter is smiling. She smiles to herself, much more at ease now that he is here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:32 pm

"Yes, it is, sir. If I had known the club was under new management I would have come earlier." Looking around to see how busy it was, Darren smiles back to Martin.

"If it is ok, Mr. Carpenter, I was going to enquire as to whether the Lily was still in need of my services? If I may be so bold, you'll be hard pressed to find a harder working and conscientious doorman."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 pm

Martin shakes his head, "I have no interest in making any other changes to the staff, Darren. Rest assured--if you wish to remain as a doorman, I am more than happy to keep you in my employ."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:52 pm

Relief seems to roll of Darren and the tension in his massive shoulders disappears.

"Thank you, Mr. Carpenter, I won't let you down. If you need to call me to come in on my night's off, I beleive Neil kept my number in the office."

Darren extends his hand once more, "Thank you, once again, Mr. Carpenter."
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Smiling wide, Martin takes the hand and gives it a firm shake. "And thank you, Darren. I appreciate your service. Now, go on--enjoy your night off."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:07 pm

Nodding to his new boss, Darren turns and walks back to the bar and takes a seat at the far end where he could observe the main section.

Picking up the drink Aura served him, Darren sighs out loud, whispering to himself, "Thank fuck for that."

He never did like interviews.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:22 pm

"You did great my Darren.." she smiles and says, "my shift is over soon."

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:29 pm

"Thanks. I went to see Miss Claire today to make amends. I think we parted on ggod terms. I still want to help her, you know?"
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:44 pm

"I think you should... Actually I got some cash out of the bank for you to take her to help with the gym, or at least get it started." she says, making sure not to ignore her other customers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Darren nods, making sure that they looked as inconspicuous as possible as they spoke.

In his head though, the passion and desire he held for her was threatening to overwhelm him.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Aura finishes her shift, and heads over to Darren.

"Lets go home.." she smiles, hardly able to wait, hating not being able to hold hands or do anything else while at work, but understanding the necessity for decorum at such a lovely club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:11 pm

"See you there," he smiles, leaving shortly thereafter.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:33 pm

"A pleasure." Marius answered with a firm squeeze of his own, and an almost mischievous smile. Again he tried to take in this individual, but he was distracted tonight. Still, it was never a bad idea to make friends, especially ones whose blood was as strong.
"You appear to have gotten used - dare I say comfortable - to life here? As I have only moved here less than a year ago, this new continent still manages to surprise me regularly." He said, looking over to Aurelie, and seeing a mortal leave her bar. He knew that look in her eyes as she watched him go, and strangely enough it did not pain him as he would have suspected. He was glad she had found someone else, but a mortal? And an unimpressive one at that. He made a mental note to find out a bit more about this character, then turned back to Sigmund.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:55 pm

"One adjusts, or the world passes you by." He shrugs slightly, and "Three hundred years isn't all that new, though, I'd say..." Sigmund smiles, and finishes off the last of his drink.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:45 am

"I spent most of my early 18th century wandering around the Greek islands, then Egypt, and finally Europe." He casually looked around the establishment to perhaps find his meal for the night as he talked, skipping the parts of his earlier Requiem.
"You could say that I'm somewhat of a nomad, but this city has me intrigued. Especially the most recent events. Whatever awoke is mighty enough to take down a Prince even I had an instinctive respect for." He looked back to Sigmund giving a wicked grin.
"Oh, how I would love to meet this mysterious newcomer."
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 pm

"Egypt is nice this time of year..." he shrugs, and sets the glass down on the nearest table. "If you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to...a word of advice, though, first: Don't go looking for trouble. Give it a few more centuries, it'll find you fast enough."

And with that, he's gone into the night and out the door.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by darthrequiem86 Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Rick walks into the room,and stares at the man who looks like an angel, unlike him.
He snarls at him for no apparent reason.

darthrequiem86

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Marius starts to laugh as Sigmund leaves the establishment, unable to contain the irony.
He had been chasing trouble his entire unlife, and it had made him strong; stronger than this Sigmund might have realized.

Still chuckling he saw the new beast that had entered the establishment and was snarling at him. His chuckling slowly subsided and finally vanished, his eyes becoming predatory slits, a menacing smile forming on his lips. He needed to vent some built up frustration, and if this pup was going to offer himself up, then all the better.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by darthrequiem86 Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:06 pm

Rick realizes the folly of his mistake, when he sees the vampire's face. He says, I just want to talk.

darthrequiem86

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:16 pm

"Oh... Then talk." Marius said, his smile fading to an indifferent expression. "And next time, I suggest you don't snarl at someone for your introduction."

I guess it'll have to be someone else... He thought, glancing briefly at the door.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Dog wandered into the Lily; he had heard people talking about the place, and figured he'd see what the damn hullabaloo was about. Once he got in, though, he realized it was much more fancy schmancy than he'd realized.

What-the-fuck-ever.

Going to the bar, he ordered a whisky and an empty glass, ignoring the barking of his Beast until he'd had a mouthful of the liquor. That done, he turned around to look at what was what.

The Lily: Under New Management (Anyone) - Page 2 Dogbanner_lowres

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Elle arrives soon after, seeing Dog at the bar she recognizes him from the plant fight.

She heads over.

"Evening." she says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:46 pm

"Hey," he replies, taking another mouthful of the whiskey and spitting it into the empty glass. "Buy you a drink?"

Back to top Go down

Post by darthrequiem86 Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Rick looks at the man, and says "Why am I like this?"

darthrequiem86

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:14 pm

Marius' eyes opened slightly wider, having to restrain his jaw from dropping.
Oh shit, great...
He straightened himself, and relaxed.
"We can't talk about this in public. I can give you answers, but you'll need to come with me, so that we may talk in private." At least the guy wasn't panicking, and appeared to have his beast somewhat under control.
"Come, follow me." He motioned for him to follow me and led the way, always keeping an eye on him to see that he was coming with, and wasn't going to try anything stupid.

He felt the presence of other kindred in the bar and immediately saw Elle and another kindred he had seen around.
"My apologies for interrupting, Hound Elle," he said as he approached the two, "but this one needs... guidance."
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:36 pm

"Ah guidance eh?" she looks over, "thanks, one moment..." she points to the kid and then to a barstool, motioning for him to sit.

"Dog? I need to talk with you, nothing bad, just need to talk, you mind meeting up somewhere?" she asks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:38 pm

"What's wrong with here?" Dog asked, confused. It wasn't like he had a damn office or something.

Unless she wanted to meet in the park or something... but why?

Back to top Go down

Post by darthrequiem86 Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Rick sits on the stool, listening carefully.

darthrequiem86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:47 pm

"I dont want to talk about it in... public. I would rather have a more private meeting. Can you come to my Haven later so we can talk?" she asks.

"One sec, what's your name kid?" she looks to Rick, not wanting him to feel left out.

"Thanks Mars, haven't seen you since the Daeva meeting, glad to see you made it out of the fray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:48 pm

Marius was somewhat relieved that the pup was obedient, but waited, seeing as he had 'found' him.
And there was Elle, more attractive than he had remembered. Perhaps it had been due to her choice in company that he hadn't payed her more attention.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:55 pm

"Thanks..." He said, something in his eyes still very predatory ever since the kid had tempted fate, and the thought of opposing that new presence brought out his inner beast even more.
"I'm glad to see you're well too."
His teeth grew ever so slightly as he played with the thought of what he would do when standing across from what had put the city upside down.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Dog shrugged, and gave her a once-over. "Sure, I'll come over. Just tell me where."

Who wouldn't?

Back to top Go down

Post by darthrequiem86 Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm

"My name's Rick"

darthrequiem86

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:03 pm

She hands him a slip of paper with her address on it, "see you at say, three AM?" she asks, tilting her head, long dark hair falling foreward over her shoulders, she doesnt even bat an eyelash at his blatant once over.

"Okay kid.. So what's your name? When did you get here? I'm gonna have to take you to get acknowledged..." she looks around making sure no one is too close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Marius moves over to Elle's ear and whispers so the others can't hear.
"I think he doesn't even know what he is..."
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:13 pm

"Ah... That makes things a bit more difficult now doesnt it," she says, looking the kid over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Dog nodded and put the paper in his pocket. He swished the whiskey around in the glass before taking another swallow, and continuing to listen to the others.

Belatedly, he realized he'd lost track of which glass was which.

Well, fuck it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:55 pm

Marius took a step back, deciding he needed to take out his built up frustration lest he tears the next kindred to enter the bar to pieces.
"I will take my leave now, Hound. If you ever require my claws, just let me know." He said, and put a blank white card with a number on it next to her on the counter. Giving a respectful nod to her, and glance to the other kindred she had talked to, he then left the bar.
Soul
Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:58 pm

Claws huh? Interesting Daeva... she thinks to herself, "Good Evening Mars, thanks for bringing over the kid."

"Dog? The one on the left is yours," she says, then looks to the newbie.

"Speak up! I can't help you unless you talk."

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 am

Martin sees a knot of Kindred at the bar--my bar, he thinks, ignoring the little voice that pipes up telling him it's dangerous to think that way about something that is ultimately owned by Asa--and approaches, deciding that he probably ought to find out what was going on. It was, after all, his job.
As he approaches he racks his brain, trying to remember this woman's name from the Courts he's attended. He starts to worry he won't recall in time, but... "Hound Elle," he says with a smile, hoping that was it. She didn't clock him or look at him funny, so he continued. "I hope everything is all right?" He gives a nod to Dog, and to this other one who's Beast seemed to waver like the flame of a candle in a draft. "Or are you here for pleasure rather than business?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:35 am

Dog nodded back, looking up from the two glasses in his hands. So small, dark & hot here was the Hound? Wow. Wonders never ceased.

Whatever. Apparently she missed having a Savage in the sack.

She wasn't his first choice, but he didn't mind. Experience had taught him that beautiful women were generally bad to mediocre fucks. Especially Daeva. Just wanted to lay there and be worshiped. He'd take an average or pretty girl who knew what she was doing over a stunner that didn't any day.

Like he had a lot of choices.

As he contemplated the delicious thoughts of a Hound and a Dog, he realized not knowing which glass was which just meant he got to start over again.

He took a mouthful of the whiskey, and continued to listen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:43 am

Elle looks over at Martin.

"We have a new 'kindred' here that needs to be taken in to the authorities, as he is just sitting here and refusing to speak, I'm really not sure what to do with him, nice to meet you by the way." she says.

"Look Rick. I'm gonna text the whip and have her pick you up here understood? She can explain everything."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:43 pm

"On second thought. Martin, since he is in your club, I would be really grateful if you would baby sit this one, I'm gonna call a whip, since he isnt talking so they can figure out who he belongs to. Dog? You want a ride to my place?" she looks over at him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Dog shrugged, and nodded. This place really wasn't his kinda thing, anyway.

Spitting the last mouthful back into the fuller glass, he set it down on a napkin and stood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:07 pm

**Narration**

After Elle asks a few times of Rick what his clan is he finally gives her a short answer "I'm a Nos" after he answers he goes back to what ever he was doing before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm

"Alright, Rick, you'll be seeing a Kindred named Akasha, be nice, Dog, lets roll." Elle says, rising and heading out, gorgeous hips swinging.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 am

Martin agrees to watch over Rick until Akasha should arrive. He's not pleased about it, but there's not much else to be done about it, is there?
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next