Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible new player!

5 posters

Go down

Possible new player! Empty Possible new player!

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:51 am

Hey Everyone!

My name is Justin... I'm 28, and living up in Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada. Yes, it's almost May and we still have snow. Argh!

Anywho, I stumbled upon your site while cruising around the official White Wolf forums and thought it looked interesting.
I've wanted to get into a nWoD game for a long time, but there aren't many options available to me where I live. So I've considered playing online. Hence why I'm here!

I'm an old veteran of online MUXs and MUSHs, but must admit that I've never played by email or by forum posting before, so I'm totally new at that. Not sure if it will work for me, but thought I should at least give it a shot. Smile

As far as character generation goes, I have a major question that I haven't seen an answer to in the various FAQs and stickies yet... what do I do about my characters equipment? Do I just include a list of applicable items when I submit the character? Pretty much I'm only talking about things that give equipment bonuses or vehicles, etc.
Is it possible to get an item without purchasing the resources Merit as long as it's explained well enough in the background?

Also dealing with equipment.... I have one character I really want to make. A Mage. How should I handle enhanced/embued items? Normally they don't cost merit dots after character creation, so I'm not sure how to get them.
I'm inclined to think that I could use starting XP to purchase them, but I'm not entirely sure.
Either way, the items I'm thinking of would cost a lot more than the typical starting 7 merit dots would allow, hence why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance for the help, and I look forward to meeting you all and telling some fun stories.
I apologize if I'm not on 24/7, as I work fulltime and am going to school.... but hey, I need my RP outlet! lol

Cheers,
Ravennus

P.S.- Yes, that Avatar pic is me.... dressed as the ghost of Jacob Marley in a stage production of A Christmas Carol. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Possible new player! Empty Re: Possible new player!

Post by Forn Clakes Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:44 am

Welcome aboard, I stumbled upon the site exactly the same way as yourself.

If your interested in Mage, PM West, the ST at that venue, I'm sure he'd be able to help.

See you around,

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:10 am

Ravennus wrote:Also dealing with equipment.... I have one character I really want to make. A Mage. How should I handle enhanced/embued items? Normally they don't cost merit dots after character creation, so I'm not sure how to get them.
I'm inclined to think that I could use starting XP to purchase them, but I'm not entirely sure.
Either way, the items I'm thinking of would cost a lot more than the typical starting 7 merit dots would allow, hence why I'm asking.

Hey, welcome aboard Smile

Enhanced or Imbued items can only be purchased with the 7 Creation dots as Merits. Beyond that, they must be acquired in-game, or made personally.

Hope that helps Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

Ooooo I love your icon! I'm going to call you Jacob from now on : )

Welcome to the boards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox45 Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:30 am

Hope you like it here, and I hope you have fun.
Fox45
Fox45

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Very Happy

I'm now starting to think I might give Vampire a try first, as I know that system better. Character ideas aren't really an issue, since they've been piling up for a long time.

I'll drop by the VtR OOC forums and see how my concept might fit in. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Welcome to the boards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kim_Possible Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:34 pm

Welcome aboard. Smile
Kim_Possible
Kim_Possible

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:29 am

Ravennus wrote:I'm an old veteran of online MUXs and MUSHs, but must admit that I've never played by email or by forum posting before, so I'm totally new at that. Not sure if it will work for me, but thought I should at least give it a shot. Smile
That's the right attitude. Very Happy And I think you'll like it. PbP does take some getting used to, but I haven't found many who honestly give it a try that just can't stand it. Most actually love it. Smile
Law
Law

Back to top Go down

Post by West Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:17 am

Ok to answer your equipment question, you do not have to buy the resources dots for the equipment as long as you have a good enough reason in your background. However, keep in mind, if you lose this equipment or it gets destroyed, you will not have any way of replacing it without resources, or allies of the sort that would be able to acquire it for you.
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down