Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A small bitch about my government...

5 posters

Go down

A small bitch about my government... Empty A small bitch about my government...

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:31 am

This happened in the news over here yesterday, and it infuriates me.

I have the most respect for anyone who fights for their country, especially when they do so with as much dedication and bravery as the Gurkhas.

Now, despite being promised official UK status, they are being shit upon from a great height.

I once had the pleasure of meeting a retired Gurkha at school and he was one of the most humble yet courageous individual I have had the pleasure of speaking with.

Sorry, just a rant I had to get off my chest.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

A small bitch about my government... Empty Re: A small bitch about my government...

Post by Kim_Possible Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:31 am

I never underestimate the power nor the inclination of the government to do the wrong thing.
Kim_Possible
Kim_Possible

Back to top Go down

A small bitch about my government... Empty Re: A small bitch about my government...

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 pm

I have a great deal of respect for the ghurkas, even have one of their knives in my collection. This just pisses me off about britain. Again. I can't even figure out whos behind this one.

It could be labor being anti-millitary; but that doesn't make all that much sense on its own.
It could be conservative party being anti-immigrant, but these guys have served in their armed forces.

I don't get it, the monkey behind this needs to be delobotomized.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Soirgriffe Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Hmmm, Sometimes I think my country is a right bunch of idiots. Myself included at times, but I fully side with the Ghurkas on this one.
Soirgriffe
Soirgriffe

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:18 pm

The simple sad answer to that is simply the one thing that makes the world go round: money. The UK goverment is at this phase of: people are asking more things than we can afford. So who yells the less when we screw them ? Simple as that, sadly. When Ghurkas have better lobyists, the goverment will listen. That's how politics work. Nothing personal, the ghurkas are just easier targets than others right now.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:39 pm

I'm glad to see it ain't just me that's pissed about this ill-treatment.

Cheers peeps,

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:36 pm

Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Maggie T all the way!
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:22 am

LOL

Thought you'd like that Sdog.

~FC.
Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Forn Clakes Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Forn Clakes
Forn Clakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Midboss Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 pm

Tatcher showing compassion. Tories and Lib Dems uniting. Tories proning to let immigrants in. MPs doing something good ?!!!

It's signs of the end of the world ! Repent everyone !!!

On a more serious note I am glad the parlement went against this unfair treatment. These guys did a LOT for the UK, being some of the most scary soldiers we have, so they definitly deserve better treatment.
Midboss
Midboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down