Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group)

+2
Thistle
Benjamin
6 posters

Go down

After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group) Empty After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:46 pm

~~Narration~~

The weary, half-dead group crosses the Gauntlet through Animus' Gate, and filter into the Sanctum.

Back to top Go down

After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group) Empty Re: After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group)

Post by Benjamin Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:16 pm

At one point during the long walk, Armstrong had torn a strip of material off of her shirt and wrapped it around her head to keep shadow-gunk from getting into her eye. It fucking hurts, but she'll be damned if she lets herself look bad in front of the rest of these people.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group) Empty Re: After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group)

Post by Thistle Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Theo practically collapses into the nearest appropriate thing that can withstand a accomodate a reclining position. While uninjured, he was emotionally exhuasted. He was still putting stuff together and organizing his recollection of what happened. Light-headedness didn't help this at all.
He would have liked to go to sleep and not think about anything till tommorrow but he was pretty sure only nightmares would wait there after what he'd seen. He wished he could just clear his head but his mind was set on him reliving the sights, sounds and feelings of the battle.
"So, what now?"
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:01 pm

It feels odd returning to the Sanctum. Objectively, it hasn't been that long since Animus was last here, but so much has happened since then that it feels like he's been gone for ages. He run's his hand along his familiar's ephemeral fur. "I missed you, Guardian."

He looks around the room, surveying everyone's injuries. "The first thing is healing people. Also, I imagine that the hallow has generated a fair bit of tass. Perhaps Captain can draw mana from it?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Joshua sits as well, trying to relax. Although not horribly disturbed by what had occurred it had still been a very draining few hours. He folds his hands together, staring off into space for a bit. Morose.
After about ten minutes of that, though, while Animus is healing the group, Joshua stands up. "Animus," he says, "Is there a kitchen? We should probably eat. I can get something ready while you're patching folks up."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:27 pm

Animus quickly grows somber. "Fiddler would know better than I do. This was Blackfire's place. I joined them at Discovery Park, and we only stopped here briefly before heading back."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:45 pm

"Yeah, I'll take care of the tass."

Captain goes and works on dissolving the tass down into mana, channeling it into Animus. (How much tass do I have to dissolve?)
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:13 pm

Fiddler shows Joshua the kitchen, while Animus begins healing the group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:00 pm

Armstrong approaches Captain and his Sleepwalkers after Animus heals her. She holds out her hand. "I'm going to need the keys to the van you guys left at my place."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:03 pm

Joshua isn't good for much in the kitchen, but spaghetti isn't hard. He has it ready within a half hour and brings a pot of it to the Sanctum, with plates and utensils. "No garlic bread, sorry," he says. "Um. Hope no one has any dietary restrictions? I probably should have asked."
He sits down with a loaded plate, twirling noodles around his fork. "So, healing, and mana. What next?" The question is not directed at anyone in particular, but he mostly looks to Animus and Captain after asking.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 pm

"Anyone interested in forming a cabal? After what we've been through together, I would be quite happy to have any of you at my back."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Joshua nods as he hears the question, chewing. "Agreed. Animus, Fiddler and I had been talking about it before, and you all handled yourself admirably. Any of you would be welcome additions, to my mind."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:47 pm

Ensign hands over the keys: "Here they are, its actually Ruby's van. So ask her what to do with it before you do whatever with it."

After the Obelisks (ATTN: Garage Scene group) Captainbanner
Supernal Vision, Forces Armor (4)

"I'm not comfortable joining up as a cabal with you guys; and its not because I don't respect you. I want your numbers so I know who to call whenever I have my back against the wall. You guys are good. And I've seen SEALS, and your still better. I'm just not settled enough yet." Captain looks sad actually.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 am

"Luckily, it's not in my name! We've had that van for weeks now. But sure, I'll make sure it goes where it ought to. Got to say, we've got one big ol' report to give to the Consilium, now don't we?"

"I want to thank you all, truly. Without all of your help, I can't imagine we could have sorted this mess out. The Books owe y'all a big old heap of gratitude and I'll make sure Tyria knows it."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 pm

~~Narration~~

Armstrong takes the keys and Teleports to her Sanctum; the others discuss and decide on the cabal specifics.

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:29 pm

"well gentlemen and ma'am, it has been a pleasure, but I have to go." He exchanges phone numbers with those there, before leaving, thanking Animus and theo again for the healing. Captain and Crew leave.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 01, 2009 3:18 am

Joshua signs, "Ruby mentioned the Consilium... we probably should go give a report. Or," he says, a sinking feeling in his stomach, "I guess, as Sentinel, I could go. I suppose that's kind of my job anyhow."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri May 01, 2009 3:32 am

Theo considered the idea of forming with these people. He barely knew them. He was only here to help Ruby really. He had barely arrived in time to go with them into shadow. Did he really want to become part of a group whose motives he didn't know?
Still there was prompting he felt. A small part of him that saw all the chance and misgivings as oppurtunities and tests. Despite what he would have guessed his response to be in a situation like this, Theo said "A cabal sounds like a good idea."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri May 01, 2009 4:31 am

"I... isn't it a little soon to be speakin' of whose going to cabal and all?" Ruby whispers. There's been so much upheaval, so many lives passed through and out that she worries about getting too attached.

"Truthful, the Consilium ain't done much a job of keeping our people in order."
She admits. "Maybe we need some folk with some sense about them to make Sacramento a welcome place for the wandrin..."

"I"
Ruby stops for a moment, bit lower lip in thought. "You all want to do me a big favor? I'm going to be on the case, setting sense to the ley lines in the city. Maybe... maybe you could help a little." She smiles wanly. "'Spose it's a terrible boring job, but... it'd be less so with company."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Fri May 01, 2009 10:03 am

"I won't be much help in tracking the ley lines, but I'd be willing to keep you company."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Fri May 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Joshua nods, "I'd be willing to help out. Like Animus said, I won't be much use, but I'm an extra person to talk to. And if anyone should be at cross purposes with you, never hurts to have someone else around to watch your back."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 01, 2009 2:50 pm

--Armstrong shows up at the Sanctum about an hour and half after teleporting away. She's showered, changed clothes and gotten a set of black eye patches from somewhere.--

"Sorry that it took so long, I had some calls to make." She looks around at everyone and hands Ruby the keys to the van. "What are we talking about?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Fri May 01, 2009 3:02 pm

"Ruby was just asking for some company while she maps out the city's ley lines.

"I wish I could help with your eye, but ..."
Animus trails off, shaking his head sadly.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 pm

"I've arranged for a replacement," Armstrong responds curtly, "for several things."

She looks at Ruby. "Why are you mapping them?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri May 01, 2009 3:24 pm

"Why? Since no one's done it yet! Lines of power ain't something to be scoffed at."

"There are a good number of things about this city we still haven't got put to paper. Now that there ain't a doomsday clock hangin' over us all, it's about time to start gettin' to work on the day to day."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri May 01, 2009 3:26 pm

"Oh my goodness... your EYE!!!???"

"Lord have mercy, you didn't lose it did you? I thought you just scuffed it up a bit..."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Armstrong ignores any further mention about her eye. She's handling it on her own.

"What kind of help would you need to map the lines?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Fri May 01, 2009 6:50 pm

"... uh... well, anything that might make things go quicker. For example, I can help you all see the lines and we can all chart together, or a bird's eye view would be super helpful if someone can do that."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sat May 02, 2009 12:11 am

"I can't do that," Joshua says, "but I'd be more than happy to help chart out lines." He pauses for a moment, "Do you think there are many?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun May 03, 2009 1:35 am

Theo spoke up on the new topic.
"Not sure, part of the reason we need to do it. Might be good to have a proper rest though. I don't think most of us would be up for walking or driving around town after what we've been through.
"Where and when would be a good to time to meet up latter?"
he inquired of Ruby.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Sun May 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Armstrong pulls out a small day planner and pen, and after a moment her grip tightens on the pen. She moves the planner onto her other knee where she can see it. "I'm going to be out of the country on Monday, but I'll be back before Tuesday. I work," she doesn't say where, "Weekdays somewhere between eight and five, depending on the day."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun May 03, 2009 11:33 pm

"All right... Well, I'm working in the mornings, but I'm generally free after one in the afternoon," Joshua says. "So I'm pretty much free whenever."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon May 04, 2009 12:00 am

"I'm available at any time as well."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Mon May 04, 2009 12:56 am

"I've been thinking that we ought to discuss what we're capable of. In case something like this happens again," Joshua says. "We need to know how best to direct our talents so that we--"
Don't flounder? Don't end up falling all over ourselves? Don't lose more sensory organs?
"--can maximize our effectiveness."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Mon May 04, 2009 1:19 am

"Well, I'm an artist. Honestly I have no idea what fool idea Tyria had sending me off to deal with that nonsense. I haven't got the least bit of stomach for fighting."

"Anyway, let's just pick a weekend. I need some time to rest after all this, and I'm sure y'all do too. I'll take a cab home, but here's my number so we can make plans. See you all later."
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon May 04, 2009 12:33 pm

"I can manipulate any form of life, although I have to be touching the target to use some of the more ... interesting effects. I can also influence spirits, and in the Shadow Realm my familiar can fight by my side."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon May 04, 2009 6:21 pm

"Hang on, Ruby. I have a rental, I can drive you home." Theo jogs a short distance after Ruby, then snaps his fingers as if remembering something. He turns and gives a short discription of his talents.
"Not really that skilled in the Arcana just yet. My greatest understanding lies in the sphere of life. I've studied art history, anthropology, and occult symbolism, though.
"Till later."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon May 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Matthew calls back to Theo, "Don't sell yourself short. You saved lives today."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 04, 2009 10:58 pm

Armstrong rolls her eye, then stops it because it makes one side of her face feel twitchy. "I gave you your keys. Your van is in the driveway, after all. I'm an adept of space and I have some skill with both Fate and Mind. I am also a member of a legacy that allows me to approximate a scrying effect at will."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Fiddler sighs. "Guys, I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm sticking around. Between this, and that guy at Calligan's house, I'm just not cut out for this. I'm a musician, for god's sake."

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 am

And there was that word again, coming from Armstrong's lips. Fate.
Joshua listens to everyone, looking a bit puzzled at some of what Armstrong says, then frowning when Fiddler pipes up. "Are you sure? I mean..." He trails off, and tries again. "Well, like you say. You're a musician. Maybe this isn't the best path for you." He looks to Animus, whom he already considers the leader, to see what he has to say on the subject of Fiddler.
To Armstrong he asks, "I'm sorry--Legacy?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue May 05, 2009 3:16 am

Animus turns to Fiddler. "This city is a dangerous place right now. If that's not an environment you're comfortable in, then I doubt anyone will question your decision to leave."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 05, 2009 3:30 am

"Legacies are the refinement of your soul. Once you get to a certain point in the development of your Gnosis, you can take a more direct hand in it's growth. You learn how to focus your vision of how magic works in a more specific manner than normally and your soul responds to it, Attaining new abilities that the Fallen World sees as natural. As you refine your soul and your vision in tandem, you gain further, more esoteric Attainments as side effects of your focus. While I can only currently focus my senses into a jargon jargon babble babble strange words chatter chatter jargon babble jargon to sense non-local events, more powerful members of my Legacy can use the same jargon babble strange words chatter to send themselves from one location to another without any degradation of the babble chatter polysyllabic jargon, or in layman's terms, instantaneously." It becomes obvious through the glossolalia of hyper technical jargon that Armstrong is a teacher of some kind, probably highly technical math somewhere. Or she's gone insane and has been building some kind of ramshackle particle accelerator somewhere that she shouldn't.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue May 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Animus looks startled. "We never did try to track down the guy who jumped Calligan. Any ideas on what happened to him?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Joshua's eyes start to gloss over at the jargon, but he gets he gist easily enough. Magic without the magic. Sneaking ability into the Fallen world, without the Abyss tainting it. It sounds... promising.
"I haven't heard anything about him," he says to Animus. "Could be he's left town, or maybe just lying low, but I wouldn't have the first idea about finding him." To Armstrong he says, "During our initial investigation of Discovery Park we stopped a mage from killing Calligan Wellmer. Unfortunately," he adds, eyes narrowing as he remembers that day, "he got away."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 06, 2009 5:54 pm

~~Narration~~

Speculation on Vector continues for a bit, and then the remaining Mages talk some more about forming a Cabal. Fiddler bids them farewell, and exchanges phone numbers, before he leaves to being packing to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down