Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos)

3 posters

Go down

River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos) Empty River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos)

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 2:06 am

The smothering of the sun's last rays by the edge of the horizon was a signal for two groups to leave the Quarry den. One was concerned with gaining guidance from an Elder who has both wisdom and whimsy in spades. You spent hours roaming across your territory, on the prowl for a very specific prey. Eventually you caught a passing easterly breeze that bore a slightly familiar scent, the objective to your quest. Tracking down the source proves to be no small feat, and you finally catch sight of her at the river, almost due west of your home and perhaps a bit closer than you'd prefer.

She's guiding a small aluminum skiff through the dark waters, propelled by a sputtering outboard clinging to the back, steering rod gripped in one weathered hand. A sidelong glance grabs her focus, and her free arm goes up to swing back and forth over her head in a single broad wave. She's already guiding the boat towards the shore, where a set of concrete steps descend to meet the water. She kills power to the engine as she draws close, standing with an easy confidence to plant one foot on a drowned step and still the remaining momentum of her craft.

Back to top Go down

River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos) Empty Re: River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos)

Post by Prax Sat May 02, 2009 5:38 am

Wukong returns the wave, nimbly descending the steps toward the elder werewolf, but stopping about halfway down. His bamboo staff is held in one hand, his other hand holds a plastic bag filled with a few apples and some bread rolls.

“Greetings, elder, my name is Wukong, Elodoth of the Iminir and silver tongued emissary of Los Sangrientos. I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced and I’d like to change that tonight,” he says performing a small, respectful bow, if a bit theatrical.

“We would also like to pay our respects and perhaps learn a thing or two, undertaking whatever recompense within reason you believe would be a fair trade for your wisdom. As you probably already know, we have a lot to learn,” he says with a smile.
Prax
Prax

Back to top Go down

River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos) Empty Re: River Rat (Some of Los Sangrientos)

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat May 02, 2009 10:19 am

Her eyes widen, but not in surprise. Its rather difficult to describe, but she seems pleased. Hopefully.

"So, pup of the wall bangers. You have come to me. Your and your packs willingness are known."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Empryss Sat May 02, 2009 11:23 am

Keys, on her best behavior thanks to Snow's warning of dire consequences of her attitude screwed up the meeting with the old uratha, gives a little smile and a respectful nod to Sentry. Despite the fact that Sentry is neither a Sangrientos nor an Iron Master, it isn't difficult for Keys to respect a wolf who has not only lived to Sentry's ripe old age, but who integrated herself into the urban landscape so perfectly that she was willing to be seen as a baglady rather than cling to false pride.

Maybe when I'm older I'll use that trick, she thinks to herself. Best I can get away with now is being a ho.
Evil Empryss
Evil Empryss

Back to top Go down

Post by Prax Sat May 02, 2009 5:42 pm

"Would you prefer to talk here or elsewhere?" Wukong asks and then raises his bag. "We brought snacks, too. If you have a preference for something I can bring that next we meet."
Prax
Prax

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat May 02, 2009 5:51 pm

"Here we speak, under the great watchers." She points up at the starry sky.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 02, 2009 9:30 pm

Bodycount had been in high spirits still as they set out on the search, his victory against Breaker having thoroughly made his day. Poor Keys, who had not been there to watch the fight herself, had already gotten it recounted to her twice in great, painstaking detail before they even left. Bodycount had been halfway through a third re-telling, even longer than the two preceding it on account of "new insights" he had gained from "further reflection" on the event, before she finally managed to derail him, ending up getting him started on the subject of Juan Vidal Ramos instead for the next couple of hours.

He had been knee-deep into a story about the time when the Boss, in his youth, had psyched out the physically stronger alpha of a rival pack to withdraw a challenge to a duel by selecting hand grenades as the weapon of choice, when the shape of Eternal Sentry and her boat came into view. Trailing off without concluding the story, he had watched in silence as she approached, a slight chill of excitement running down his spine at the "mythological ferryman" imagery the scene invoked in his mind.

Letting the Elodoth handle the introductions, the Cahalith stays at the back of the group and keeps silent for the time being, content to just supplement Wukong's bow with a similar one of his own - and resting a hand companionably on Keys' shoulder as he follows the conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Prax Sun May 03, 2009 4:11 am

Wukong nods and settles down on one of the cold concrete steps laying his staff upon his knees and the bag in front of him.

"Well, we talked with Rifle-Breaker. I'm assuming you suggested we talk to him, though not sure if he was dressed in sage or not. Or if that was really what you said now that I think about it... Anyway, he told us about the Pure and the tur and the spirit world."

"Which is what we came to talk about. The hisil, which as you probably already know is pretty fucked up right now. We want to fix that. We'd be most appreciative of anything you could help us with in that department seeing as how a mortally crippled territory is not a whole lot of fun," Wukong says with a grin and then gets more serious.

"And of course keeping the balance is what we do. We need, to fix this and then tear a big, bloody, chunk out of whoever or whatever did this in the first place so it doesn't happen again."
Prax
Prax

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Empryss Sun May 03, 2009 6:27 am

Keys grins at Wukong's handling of the situation. He has style, she has to give him that. He strikes a nice balance between supplication and strength, and he's a lot more willing to belly crawl than most Iminir she's known, which only increases his status in her eyes since she hates people who let pride get in the way of getting the job done.
Evil Empryss
Evil Empryss

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 03, 2009 1:01 pm

She smiles
"You have words on herhis grave already. They roll. Happened long ago. Huns bring experiment. Works well for Huns, they want Kings here to try it. Do. Parents say no. rollers make Parent not parent." She is speaking slowly; and enunciating very clearly for you.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Prax Sun May 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Wukong considers the elder werewolf's words carefully, running them through his mind.

"I think, I get what you mean. But the 'rollers'... I don't get what they have to do with this."
Prax
Prax

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Mon May 04, 2009 4:28 pm

"They who are in the crazy inferno, they cause this."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down