Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh)

2 posters

Go down

Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh) Empty Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh)

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 8:59 pm

West pointed out the student to Ankh. He had shed his usual uniform in favor of jeans and a collared knit, to avoid looking like a teacher. The last time he had come here, he'd barely been able to ID the kid, as he got bombarded with questions about which building was which, and what class started when.

Standing on an open stairwell, they had an open view of the promenade.

"Name's Ryan North. We're going to Awaken him today, hopefully," he said, squinting in the sun.

Ankh was a perfect Bishop for a Gambit; with her healing abilities, they could take it to the limit. If they crossed the line? Well, that's why he could reverse the stream of Time.

Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh) Westbanner

Back to top Go down

Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh) Empty Re: Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh)

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

Ankh nods, watching Ryan walk across the promenade. "Right, and exactly how are we going to do that again? That part of the course wasn't entirely covered when I agreed to help with this."

She looks West up and down, wanting to shake her head in dismay, but not doing it. He would ask what was wrong, she would tell him, and then the grrr fest would start. The man really needed to learn what casual was. Maybe one of these days she would be able to get it through to him.

Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh) Ankhbanner2
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh) Empty Re: Killing Him Softly (ATTN: Ryan, Ankh)

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 pm

"Ummmm," West hemmed and hawed, "We need to... induce stress. That's the most effective way."

Yeah, that clarifies things.

"You know, like a near death experience," he added. "And why are you looking at me like that?"

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 9:17 pm

Active Spells: Pulse of the Living World, Aura Perception, Organic Resilience, Doppelganger

"What? Oh." Ankh looks away, following the Ryan kid again. "I'm not looking at you like anything. Umm isn't there a better way to induce stress then a near death experience? That's kind of......traumatizing, don't you think?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed May 13, 2009 9:18 pm

Ryan was feeling better now, few hits of asprin and enough water to fill half a swimming pool was bound to do that. He checked his phone, he still had about fifteen minutes untill class started. He might actually be early for a change instead of cutting it close like always. Things are looking up for once!
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 9:30 pm

West shrugged. "Yeah, yeah it is. Thing is, when the body fears, the soul may reach out for salvation -- to his Watchtower. We can try granting him Sight, first, if you want?"

He felt his palms starting to sweat. They'd had fights before, but this was different. An ideological difference was a bit more of a deal breaker than a spat over fashion.

West looked over at her, watching her face for a reaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Ankh shrugs. "You're the one who has done this before, dear. I can trust your judgement. Besides, I can probably heal everything that he might go through, so the danger is very slim in all reality. I just don't know how you want to go about approaching him. Hi, I'm Ankh, I'm going to be attempting to kill you today, just does not seem like a good ice breaker to me."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 pm

West laughed at her statement, both because of the humor, and in relief.

"It works better if we can escalate it, over time. Give me an idea," he challenged her.

He had one of his own, but they were a team. Whatever anyone thought of their relationship, the confrontation with Plotski had sealed that.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Ankh looks at him blankly. "Hold him upside down at the top of a twenty story building? Is that stressful enough?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed May 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Ryan stopped for a moment, he could have sworn someone was plotting something. But he shook his head. It was bad enough someone was trying to kill him. But then again, it could have been some twisted prank.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:21 pm

"Ummmm, yeah," West nodded, "But he'll also never forget our faces. We could run a mugging con, car wreck, hostage scenario, lotta stuff..."

West absentmindedly realized his pistols were in her car, and he hadn't brought a jacket.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 10:27 pm

Ankh gives him the "You have three heads" look and shakes her head. "Ok, now you have completely confused me. Why is he not allowed to remember our faces? And can't you just," she waves her hands around impatiently, "make him forget or something?"
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 10:32 pm

"I guess it doesn't matter," West replied. Kai had been pissed for a long time, though. "Just... not very... subtle."

He shook his head at her question. "Can't. Once someone Awakens, it's much harder to influence them -- and nearly impossible to do it permanently."

"Got a preference?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by West Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 pm

Ankh laughs. "Not really. This is my first time, virgin and all. So be gentle on me." She saysd, still giggling.

"I think maybe we should feel him out first? Before going in guns blazing."
West
West
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 pm

"Sure," West nodded. "You go check him out, while I scout the area? See what 'environmentals' we have work with?"

He gave her a grin, and added, "Don't give me that gentle crap, either."

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Thu May 14, 2009 2:36 am

Ryan stopped, his stomach felt like it was going to turn over. He was making a mental note to never drink again, it got in the way of everything. He took a few deep breaths before he was confident any motion wouldn't make him lose it again.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 16, 2009 8:53 pm

As Ankh started to walk down the stars, West began exploring the temporal flows and eddies surrounding Ryan.

"Wait," he said, reaching out to Ankh. Probing deeper, he saw what he was looking for.

A Knight, on solo Gambit.

"Let's wait a couple of weeks," West said, "See what happens."

Ankh gave him a dirty look for dragging her out to the university for no good reason, and they left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down