Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym)

+2
Darksider42
DracoGuardian
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym) Empty Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym)

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:18 am

~~Narration~~

After a bus trip filled with noncommittal small talk, the foursome finally arrive at the Museum.

Zero heads for the front desk. "Hey, I want to see Dr. Primoria. Tell her it's her nephew that writes for the Libertine Daily."

Back to top Go down

Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym) Empty Re: Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym)

Post by DracoGuardian Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:40 am

Treykin walked quietly towards the museum of Anthropology and Antiquity. Stopping one building away he glanced around himself momentarily and made a very simple little gesture with his right hand almost like a twitch or spasm though it was really the rote mundras for his Omnivisoion rote.

01-01-2008 10:00 Treykin rolls 8 to Wits+Composure+Space (10 Again) 6,1,9,7,9,2,2,4 2 successes.

With his spell in place he continues the last couple yards towards the museum entrance.

DracoGuardian

Back to top Go down

Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym) Empty Re: Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym)

Post by Darksider42 Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:39 am

I'v been meaning to come here and brush up on my history. Would help me from flunking college. Ryan thought as his eyes started to wonder.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:13 pm

As Ghoster entered the museum, he remembered the only ever time he had been in one, the class trip he took to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum in Washington, D.C. His inner child felt it wasn't a proper museum without dinosaurs on display, but he resolved to explore the Mesopotamian exhibits when this business was over. For now, he was content to wait quietly and look about the lobby.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Starling sighs as he stands up from behind the front desk holding the inventory papers he was digging up. "What is it, Zero? Better be good, and if it isn't, be glad I'm in a good mood today." He hands the papers off to the man at the front desk, "Take these to Phrymides. It's her turn to do inventory."

He waits for the man to leave, and then turns back to Zero, his face like steel and impossible to tell whether he's grinning or scowling.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Zero stabs his thumb in Ryan's direction. "Dude's got some books. Very mysterious books. I told him Auntie could take a look at them, maybe buy them," Zero held his hand up to forestall a protest from Ryan, "but he's not interested in selling. Just showing."

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Ollie stands with Ryan, hands in his pocket, eyes on Zero.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Starling shrugs and walks around the desk, leaning up against it. "Let me have a glance at one of these books. Not going to get in to see Tyria unless it's worth it."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:53 pm

Ryan sighed. He didn't want to show them to every last person he ran into, but he wanted answers desperatly. He reached into his bookbag and pulled out one of the leather books and handed it him.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:54 pm

(( Darksider42, please describe the book ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 pm

((Ok, will do))

The cover doesn't look very impressive, just faded leather. However, the inside contains various symbols, diagrams and strange mathimatic forumla that makes no sense to sleepers. All the writing appears to be Atlantiean in origin, with various paperclips holding cutout lines from various novels that give small hints of what it could be to sleeping eyes.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoGuardian Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:19 pm

Treykin walked through the doors of the museum, into the lobby. He scanned the lobby slowly looking around for sign of some sort stating the admission price or reccomended donation, as well as simply taking in the general layout and look of the lobby's decor as he walked towards the desk stopping just a short ways behind the group at the desk.

DracoGuardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:17 pm

Starling thumbs through the book and turns it over, giving it a thorough look through. "Interesting. Would you be willing to wait in my office a short while so I can show Tyria these books? She may want to speak with you all after seeing them." He continues to look through the book while talking, and waiting for an answer from the group.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Zero gives Starling an "uh huh that's what i thought" look while the others don't notice. "Sure, but is there a soda machine somewhere. I'm parched."

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Ollie claps Ryan on the shoulder, smiling. He says to Starling. "Hey, no problem, man. Lead the way."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 pm

"Actually, if Ryan doesn't mind, I'd like to arrange for him to be on a tour of the museum. She'll want to speak to you three alone." He then looks over to Ryan, "If you'll let me have the rest of the books for her to look over, and a way to get in touch with you, I give you my word that you'll be contacted about them." He smiles brightly at the boy, and lets his eyes sparkle a little.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Ghoster looked at the pages upside down as Starling thumbed through them; this is the first he had seen of them. His excitement was short-lived, however as he noticed someone standing behind them, and quickly composed a look of nonchalance. He turned and regarded the new arrival with a nod.

Ghoster turns his attention back to the group as Starling announces their admission, and watches Ryan to see how he'll respond to the request to leave the books behind.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:54 am

Ryan shuffled on the spot unconfortably. He'd been looking through them for so long, leaving them with near-complete strangers didn't sound like a very good option. But then again, they might know something about them. Damm, talk about a rock and a hard place. "I'll take the tour and I might give the other book over if Dr. Primoria has any ideas what that one is about."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:57 am

Zero shuffled his feet, trying to keep his mind off of a long night with no acid, if these guys kept fucking around. He had business to take care of, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 am

Starling just smiles at Ryan, putting on the glittering whites as he walks back behind the desk. "You do realize you'd get a receipt? This is a museum, not a pawn shop. We don't steal things from people."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:00 am

"I know, I know. Just been a little on edge lately, thats all." Ryan said, raising his hands. He turned his head to the other guy and frowned a little. But by the looks of it, he's more on edge that me.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Starling pulls out some papers from behind the desk, and then starts writing, and after a few moments, "Name? And I will need both books if we're to make any sense of them. I take full responsibility for getting them back to you."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:00 pm

And once again, Ryan felt like he was caught between a rock and a hard place.Well, I don't see any other options at the moment other than go back and stare at them for another coupe of months. With a tired-sounding sigh, Ryan reached into his back and handed over the other book. "Ryan North."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Starling finishes off the receipts, and then hands them over in exchange for the book. He smiles at Ryan, "I'm sure these two will be able to let you know when we've learned anything of import. Now then..." he glances at the schedule, "There's a tour starting in a few minutes at the front doors..a woman named Christine is leading it. Just tell her Starling sent you."

He waits for Ryan to make his way out of earshot, and then frowns at Zero and Ghoster. "You two, with me."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Ollie steps up. "Fuck that. I'm coming too."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Zero tries hard not to smirk. Really hard. He does do a little half-step happy dance as he follows Starling.

"I'm still thirsty, dude," he mentions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:50 pm

"See you soon, Ryan," says Ghoster, with a reassuring look, then he turns to follow Starling, Ollie and Zero. He is anxious to get a closer look at the books himself.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:35 pm

"Someone will bring you a drink." Starling leads them back through the offices, and opens the door to his. "Wait in here, and if you don't bother waiting, I'm sure "Auntie" Tyria will have plenty to say to you about."

He closes the door after they file in, and heads off to see where Tyria is.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:03 am

Tyria is in her office, playing chess with Andrade. The board and pieces appear to be phantasmal in origin, and vanish at Starling's entry. Tyria gives Andrade a dirty look before looking up.

"Tell me you have something fun," Tyria sighs, and tucks a stray lock of hair behind her ear.

"Tell this vicious bitch she should have been a Ladder," Andrade adds, with a smile.

Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym) Tyriabanner

Auntie Tyria (ATTN: Ghoster, Ollie, Ryan | Starling or Phrym) Andradebanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:13 am

"How about a sleepwalker and two Atlantean tomes?" He grins wide and then bows in an over the top manner at Andrade, "How wonderful to see you too, Andrade, dear."

He makes his way in, and sets the pair of books down on Tyria's desk. "I've also got Zero and a couple others in my office. Looks like they found the guy. I didn't know you had a nephew, Tyria, sweetheart." He smirks even wider and then steps back.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:27 am

"Oh?" Andrade perked up at Starling's words. "What did you do with the 'Walker?"

"Since you mentioned that wastrel Zero by name, I'll assume he's my heretofore unknown 'nephew'," Tyria said. She sat up and arched her back, stretching. "Give John a crack at the books, he's been taking tours of the museum out of boredom. Shame Ruby or Armstrong isn't about. You want me to talk to the others? Or are you keeping them to yourself?" she asked with a teasing smile.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:31 am

Starling laughs a little at Andrade's excitement, "He's on a tour right now. Could probably catch the guy if you wanted."

He then smirks and offers a wink at Tyria, "Oh of course, you know I just love devouring young mages to keep myself youthful and flambouyant." He picks the books up again, and continues grinning. "They're in my office. I made it fairly clear that they were to wait on threat of painful stimulation..well, they might enjoy it," he winks again, "You never know these days."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:40 am

"I think I'll go have a peek," Andrade said, and stood. Sliding past Starling, she left the office with a predatory gleam in her eye.

Tyria looked around her office. The last thing it needed was three boys in it. She stood as well. "Well, I suppose I'll perform my civic duty and save them from your evil clutches," she said, taking her glasses off and setting them on her desk. "Lead on," she continued, coming around from behind her desk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:43 am

A few minutes later, Starling walks back into his own office with Tyria right behind him. "Hello again, boys."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:50 am

Ryan stood near the enterence with his arms crossed, waiting for the tour to begin. He looked a little worried. He couldn't seem to shake the feeling that everyone he has met today is hiding something from him like it was one massive conspiracy. Well, I should trust them I suppose. It could be all apart of some massive plan by the universe. Well, could anyway.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:56 am

"Hello, Zero, Ollie," Tyria said, as more of a statement than a greeting. "Who's your friend?"

Andrade glided through the Museum, looking for a tour group, but spotted the young man waiting for one. Concentrating, she saw the sparkles she was looking for. She approached him, and asked, "Waiting for a tour?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:59 am

Ryan quickly snapped out of thought when he heard someone. "Uh, yeah. Guy called Starling told me to take it while they were doing some things." He said as he relaxed a little. Not much, but a little.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoGuardian Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:21 am

Treykin stood looking at the information desk and shrugged to himself and headed towards the door seeing one of the guys that had been talking to the guy behind the information desk and some new person that came out from the museum.
"Excuse me either of you know about the tour schedule, and the admission, or suggested donation prices"

DracoGuardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Damn, Ghoster thought, Zero's 'aunt' is hot, and his thoughts continued to ramble on in that general direction until he realized she was speaking to him. He may be Awake, but he was also eighteen and at the mercy of his hormones.

"Oh, hello," he managed at last, and thrust out his hand, "I'm Ghoster." An embarrassed smile crept up his face unbidden.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Ollie grins. Straightening up from the wall he'd been leaning against. He waves. "Hey, Doc. What's happenin?"

Making a gesture with his hand, he motions at Ghoster. "Yeah, this is Ghoster, a new friend. Seems pretty cool to me, but what do I know?" Ollie snickers, lightly punching Ghoster on the arm.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:28 pm

Andrade glanced briefly at the newcomer, and smiled. "Well, I'm not sure when the next tour is, but I've been here many times. If neither of you mind the company of an old lady, I'll show you around." She winked at them both, "You might even learn something, if you're still awake by the end of it."

Tyria's brows furrowed as she looked at Ollie. "What's 'happening' is that I'm hearing you maul the English language, and my honorific. Ghoster, welcome to my Museum. Now, other than the books, is there anything else? Or did you two just bring Ghoster to stare at me?"

Zero snickers and looks at Ollie.

Last edited by West on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:45 pm

Ollie grins, rubbing the back of his neck and looking down. When he looks up his face is more contrite.

"Forgive me, Dr. Primoria. I did have something else I wanted to mention."

Ollie goes on to briefly describe being shot at and how he saw the creature who'd killed the sniper. How the sniper had Ryan's name and location on a note in his pocket. ("That's why I needed to get that rote off, ya."), going on to mention how he'd seen the killer with the cinder block and the knife before, with Randall. He manages not to butcher the English language to badly, but at some point he does revert to some light slang. After the story's finished he takes a deep breath, realizing he just full on ranted and raved his story to one of the more important mages in the consilium. "Anyway, yeah. That's about it. Sorry if it was kind of a long story."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 pm

(( I hate to do this to you, but I'll need you to write out *exactly* what Ollie says, as a new PC may now be referring to this information. ))

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Ghoster mumbles an apology and focuses all his attention on Ollie as he tells his story. He wonders who Ollie's pissed off so much they sent a professional sniper to take care of him, and who likes Ollie enough to send some juiced-up hobo to watch out for him. He remembers the books, and wonders if they are worth killing for...
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 pm

"A few weeks ago I found a friend of mine dead in a ditch by the railroad tracks. I was able to look back to the night before and I saw some hooded-ragged guy pull the poor kid's eyes out. Then he ate them. So I got together with Rip-Tide and Doc Roberts and we went over Granite park, questioning the locals. I think Doc talked to some spirits. Whatever. Anyway, at the end of the day we're getting back together by Rip's car when suddenly Doc's hit. Some sniper's up on a rooftop across the park and he's just shot Doc Roberts in the shoulder. We all jumped in the car, waiting on the next shot, but it never came. Rip peeled out of there, Doc patched himself up, and we headed to the Rage. A little while later I came and I picked up that rote from you, then I went up to the building where the guy was shooting from that day. I climbed up to the roof, and the shooter was still up there. Head was smashed, hands were cut off. It was really gross. Anyway, I used that spell.. Thanks for that, by the way, to look back in time just to see the same guy who killed my buddy and ate his eyes. He was standing over the guy with the gun, palming a cinder block like it was nothing. In his other hand he had a wicked looking knife. After the vision, I checked the dead guy's pockets and found a note that had a name and a location on it. The location was Sac U and the name was Ryan North, the sleeper with the books. From there I met up with Zero and Ghoster and now here we are. I just figure the circumstances are just to weird to just overlook ya know?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Ryan shrugged. He couldn't figer out why she put emphasis on awake, but today has been weird enough as it is. Does ring a bell somewhere though. "I don't mind. Lead the way."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by DracoGuardian Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:49 pm

He smiled slightly to the woman and nodded his head alittle to her words and thought for just a second before he replied with a very slight southern accent on his words and a light shrug "That is fine by me, I'm about as awake as i can get right now and I doubt there is anything ya'll can do to put me to sleep on a tour." He looked to the guy that had been waiting waiting at the door for a moment and held out his hand to the two of them "I am Treykin by the way nice to meet ya both"

DracoGuardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:20 am

(( Andrade, Ryan, & Treykin continue here ))

Tyria listened, then spoke. "Well, you're an Apostate, and you other two aren't mine -- I think we need a Provost to figure out if the Consilium wants to involve itself."

She looked at Ollie, tilting her head slightly to the side as she asked, "Unless you'd rather give a go on your own?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 am

Ollie shakes his head. "Nah, not by myself. I'm in over my head. I want to be there for it, though, if it goes on."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:42 am

Tyria nods, and pulls out her phone, sending a message. "Do you remember Provost Ankh?" she asks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next