Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Museum (Attn: Tyria)

3 posters

Go down

At the Museum (Attn: Tyria) Empty At the Museum (Attn: Tyria)

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:03 pm

Apotheosis sat at the front desk of the Museum. He was rereading one of the art history books he had needed to carry around in college. He flipped through the pages in his mind, seeing each exactly as it had been, memorized with all the detail he could see, hear, touch and smell. He needed brushing up on the section on the fertile cresent. A tour would be coming in about an hour and he wanted to have the inforamtion at the front of his mind.
But the memory kept switching to the Consilium meeting. Something was bothering him. The more he had thought about, the more he was pretty sure Dr. Primordia's comment about the seventh generation was deliberate rather the a mistake as he had assumed. He had done a little research and found some information about an ecological concept held by the Iroquois, a proposed amendment to the United States Constitution, and a generation period for video games. None of these seemed to make sense in the context of the conversation, at least to his mind.
Of course, he wouldn't be able to just forget it, he never could. Having perfect memory tended to be annoying that way. You always recalled loose ends. He kept his talent hidden so far from the community. It wasn't so much an issue of being viewed as freakish, it was just a matter of habit. People tended to be wierded out when you could remember everything they had said, during all previous conversations, and what they wore, and what they ate, and how many bites it took them to finish, and how many chews, and how many times they blinked when he was looking at them. It was kinda creepy he had to admit. So he had learned to immitate forgetfullness and he was very good at it. Sometimes he could even fool himself.
But the memory kept switching to the Consilium meeting. Something was bothering him. The more he had thought about, the more he was pretty sure Dr. Primordia's comment about the seventh generation was deliberate rather the a mistake as he had assumed.
Theo sighed and put down the notebook he had been jotting down high points of the tour on. He needed to understand what she had meant.
Getting up he heads to the Curator's office and knocks on the door. "Dr. Primordia, it's Theo. I was wondering if I could talk to you?"
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

At the Museum (Attn: Tyria) Empty Re: At the Museum (Attn: Tyria)

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:50 pm

Tyria looked up at the knock. Wondering why he had come to her, instead of Starling or Phyrmides, she set her pen down. She picked up the name plate on her desk -- one should never make assumptions, and mistakes happened. Satisfied, she set it back down.

"Come in," she said. "Sit," she directed him. "Theo, my information on you suggests that you have what a layman might call a 'photographic memory'. Is this information faulty?"

At the Museum (Attn: Tyria) Tyriabanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Theo was suprised at her question at it put him a little off guard. "Uhh... ya das ist... I mean, yes that's correct." He shook himself mentally, trying to recover.
"I uh, came to ask you about something you said last night. I think I may have misunderstood your meaning." His accent is more noticable as speaks, still a little shaken by how much Tyria knew.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:18 pm

Tyria smiled patiently; she wasn't finished. "May I assume your mispronunciation of my name is a speech impediment, then? I was under the impression that other than v's, w's, the umlaut, and the scharfes s, German phonetics were similar to English."

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm

"The pronouciation of solitary e's sounds like a to most Americans and z's are different as well being similar to zt's in English." He almost cursed himself. Sometimes he couldn't help but correct what he thought was wrong.
"I apologize." How was he supposed to explain this. "I misspoke your name on purpose." Well that didn't mustn't sound good. He hadn't even really meant to it. How could he phrase this well. He shifted uncomfortably "I have made it a habit to...be fallible in my memory.
I've found it puts people more at their ease. Most are uncomfortable with the idea of perfect memory,"
Theo hesitated. "It has helped me feel more accepted during my life."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 pm

At the Museum (Attn: Tyria) Phrymbarblue

Phrymides sticks her head into Tyria's office to drop off a couple of files and a heavy bound grimoire.

"Tyria here's the..." She stops dead in her tracks when she spots Theo, her face screwing up in alarm. Looking at Tyria she shuffles her burden under one arm and motions her thumb questioningly. You didn't send for him, did you Tyria? She wonders.
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Tyria suppressed a sigh. Apparently this one couldn't help himself -- bait the hook, reel 'em in.

"Forget to button a button. Leave the oven on. Or, even, forget to correct someone. Forgetting your boss' name? That's just silly. No one does that." Tyria's innate sense of time told her that this was taking far longer than it should.

Just then, Phrymides arrived. As tempting as it was, it was never instructive to leave a student on a bad note. She nodded at Phrymides to sit down as well, hoping she wouldn't drop anything.

"So, Theo," she continued, "What was it I said last night that brings you here?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:07 pm

Theo is glad to be off that topic "You mentioned "the seventh generation", when we were talking about Nile's son. I'm pretty sure now that I was mistaken when I assumed it was a reference to a biblical verse. But looking into it I haven't been able to find how it correlates. I wanted to know the meaning behind what you said."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Tyria finally did sigh. "Theo, this is the Mysterium. I know that you're a Theurgist, but force is not the path to knowledge. As you prove yourself, through deeds and self-education, I will evaluate your readiness to be inducted into Mysteries."

She backtracked to address his assumption, "And, no, of course I wasn't referring to scripture -- why would I? You were also not the only one I was speaking to when I addressed your statement."

Turning to Phrymides, she spoke. "Phrym? Would you give Theo directions to Carson City? Send him with a note for Ruby; that when she's finished showing the trio I sent there the sights, I'd like her and Theo to begin mapping the city's ley lines."

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:27 pm

Starling peeks his head in not long after Phrym, "Tyria darling, I've got some errands to run, was there anything you needed while I'm out?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by tsameti Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm

At the Museum (Attn: Tyria) Phrymbarblue

"Yes Tyria, I'll get it set up right away. Is this enough hurry to bother Dee, or should I just set him up with a rental?"
tsameti
tsameti

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:55 am

Theo felt a little insulted but he hid it. He hadn't forced anything, anymore than she had at least. He had simply asked a question to which she knew the answer, just as she had of him. Her question had been more forceful in fact. To deny it was to be false, to say he couldn't say was to confirm it. She had verbally put him in a corner, so that any answer he gave would tell her something she wanted to know. It was impressive really but it made her hypocritical to accuse him of the same tactics in such a derogatory way.
But he shunted all those feelings back. If she wanted her argument to have flaws in his mind that was again, her choice. He would simply have to research it on his own.
He stood after Tyria mentioned going to Carson City. "I have a tour group coming in an hour. I have some notes in a green notebook at the desk if you can get a replacement. Or if you could call to reschedule or however you want to handle it."
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:39 am

"Starling, darling," Tyria said, "Please arrange for a replacement for Theo. He's decided he wants me to share Mysteries, so I'm giving him the opportunity to contribute. Quid pro quo, you know."

Looking at Phrymides, she shook her head. "The ley lines have waited this long; another day won't matter."

"Now, Theo," she said, picking up her pen, "please remember to see Starling or Phrymides in the future. Otherwise I'll have to figure out what they're here for," she said with a smile at Starling and Phrymides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:48 am

"Of course, dear. I'll check the schedules on my way out and see who's free." He smiles brightly, and bows his head to Phrym, "What about you, sweetheart, anything while I'm out?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:03 am

"I'll remember," he said and he was sure he would.
Taking her his leave, he waited down the hall from the office for Phrymides to finish whatever business she had with Dr. Primoria.
Thistle
Thistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:01 pm

"Phrym, I wanted to tell you that I'm so sorry about the Herald position," Tyria said after Theo had left the room.

"We all felt it was necessary to give the Guardians a very public presence, all things considered. With only one Provost position allotted to us, I gave it to John because he's already running the Wards." She gave the girl a wink and a smile, "Besides, we both know you'd have been bored to tears as a Provost."

She waved her pen at the files and grimoire. "Just leave those here and see to Theo."

A few hours later, as night came, Tyria felt it. Brow furrowed, she stood and headed to the archives.

~~END SCENE~~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down