Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker) Empty We''re off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker)

Post by Benjamin Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm

"Holy shit. When did they build this!"

Val had some vague recollection of the Circle of Creation as some kind of cathedralish place of worship, but this was a freakin replica of Westminster Abbey sitting in the middle of the suburbs of Sacramento. She knew there wasn't anything like this when she was growing up, but people just walked by like it's been here for years.

"Did you know about this?" Val asks Orphan as she finishes her Chai.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker) Empty Re: We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker)

Post by DaevaDude Sun May 24, 2009 3:02 pm

"No, not a clue," Orphan says, pretty amazed at the place as they approach. "I just got into town yesterday. I'm impressed, though. Cleveland and Omaha sure didn't have anyplace like this."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker) Empty Re: We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker)

Post by Benjamin Sun May 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Val gets out of the car once Orphan parks it. "Okay, lets see how bad this is going to get."

She waits for Orphan and goes inside.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun May 24, 2009 4:42 pm

Orphan grabs his duffel bag and heads in with Val. "Hard to tell how things will be with the Guardians and the Arrow sharing a place, but I'd hope to be able to bear the daisho of my Legacy when reporting in to the ranking Arrow." On the way in, he is watchful for metal detectors or any hint of wards that might react to unknown individuals bearing weapons.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun May 24, 2009 10:08 pm

Teegan arrives shortly after Orphan and Val, parking her Ford Explorer outside the building. She heard from her mentor in the army that the Arrow had established a meeting place here but she didn't expect this extravagant facility. She looks over her plain black cargo pants and gray tank top with a sigh, maybe I should have come in uniform. She slides an mp5 out from under her camo jacket that was on the passenger seat and quickly locks it into a black case under her seat. She glances at her rear view mirror as she steps out of the Explorer catching sight of her guitar. She wonders if she'll get to play tonight or if this might actually be the start of something more important. When she enters the building she takes a moment to look around and get her bearings in the unfamiliar place.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 11:31 pm

~~Narration~~

As Valkyrie and Orphan begin to ascend the steps, it becomes increasingly difficult for Val, until she feels as if she's hit an invisible wall.

Teegan follows the pair up, noticing the small young woman stop for no apparent reason.

Teegan and Orphan both notice Supernal Script on the sides of the tower as they near; one denotes the Adamantine Arrow, the other the Guardians of the Veil.

(( Need Wits+Composure -5 from all 3, any success reveals spoiler: ))
Spoiler:

Last edited by West on Sun May 24, 2009 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun May 24, 2009 11:36 pm

Teegan steps around Val and continues up the stairs. She takes note of the Supernal Scripts on the towers but seems oblivious to any sounds ahead.

Spoiler:
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Sun May 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Before she says anything, Val tries taking a step backwards.

Spoiler:
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun May 24, 2009 11:47 pm

Spoiler:

Orphan notes Val can't move, and notices the Supernal Script and the unknown woman who is walking up the stairs without a problem. "Poor Valkyrie," he thinks. "Last thing she needs is something else getting in her way. She might hate me for this, but..."

"Excuse me," Orphan says to the unkown woman. "I'm Orphan. My friend here... well, she's not with the listed organizations," he indicates the Supernal Script, " but she's really got what it takes, and she was told to come here. If you'd be so kind, would you be willing to help me see if we can carry her through whatever ward has stopped her cold? We have to be careful, though, as she's badly injured."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun May 24, 2009 11:58 pm

Teegan turns back at the sound of his voice, she looks Val over for a moment then looks back to Orphan, dubiously raising an eyebrow"I don't really have the authority to be bringing strangers into my Order's private sanctum. I think we should go inside and inform them of her situation. I'm sure they'll take her in and heal her once they hear that she's hurt."
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 12:02 am

Valkyrie looks Orphan right in the eyes. She gets out four words directed at Orphan through her clenched teeth. "Over. My. Dead. Body."

She tries casting a Sight.

Then she tries again.

She tries a third time, growling in frustration. It's like the noise an angry kitten might make.

Spoiler:
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 12:34 am

Teegan laughs lightly, "See, she doesn't want that either." She looks at Val again, "Think you can wait here?"
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 12:40 am

Teegan feels a tingling in the air and realizes the stranger on the stairs is trying to cast a spell. She seems undisturbed by the feeling.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 12:48 am

Orphan has to put effort into not grimacing when the topic of healing is raised. He gives Val an "I'm sorry" expression and a shrug, then turns to the other woman. "That's fair enough. If you could let them know she's out here, I'm going to wait out here with her."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 12:53 am

Val looks even angrier at Orphan's suggestion that she needs a babysitter. She looks like that "Hang In There" cat hanging from the tree limb, only much angrier.

She points up the stairs like an angry mother and snaps at Orphan. "No, you go. I figure that there are people training or something up there, so I probably won't be waiting very long. And it's lot like I can get into more trouble." Valkyrie starts pacing back and forth along the invisible line that she can't pass, examining the whatever-it-was blocking her path.

This whole magic thing was starting to seem like it was more trouble than it was worth.

Spoiler:
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 12:57 am

Orphan stops himself from commenting that it is bad luck to suggest one can't get into more trouble, but keeps that inside, not wanting her even more pissed off at him than she already was. Instead, he merely says "Okay, I'll try to be back with someone in a couple minutes." He then follows the still-unknown woman up the steps.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 1:02 am

Teegan smiles slightly at Val, she's kinda cute when she's mad. She turns and continues up the stairs ahead of Orphan. "So, I'm Teegan. Mind if I ask your name?" she asks him, as she clomps up the stairs in her thick army boots.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 1:09 am

Waiting until the two of them are out of sight, Val stands on her tippity-toes and reaches up as high as she can, just in case it's some perverse height-based limitation.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 1:10 am

"Good to meet you, Teegan. I go by Orphan. The lady back there is Valkyrie." He's wearing well-weatherd clothing - hiking boots, fatigue pants, leather jacket, workshirt - and caarries a large duffel bag in one hand.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 1:11 am

~~Narration~~

Walking inside, the grand foyer has several doors leading out of it. Both by listening, and by sigils over the doors, Teegan and Orphan find themselves in what would have been the sanctuary of Westminster, but instead appears to be a training arena.

Two men look up, one is wearing a gi, the other sweatpants and a t-shirt. Both have bruises and bloodstains on them, and the smell of gunpowder is heavy in the air. The air also smells incredibly fresh, for being indoors, almost as if it had freshly rained. There's also the tickle on the hair of arms and necks of a Hallow.

We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker) Westbanner

We're off to see the Wizards (attn Orphan, West and Zilker) Zilkerbanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 1:21 am

Teegan snaps to attention, a position that seems very natural to her. She addresses neither of the men in particular. Her voice is strong and clear. "Neophite Teegan of the Adamantine Arrow reporting." She quietly waits to be addressed.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 1:27 am

Once inside, Orphan takes a moment to open his duffel bag - slowly - and withdraw his daisho, again slowly, then strap it across his back with the hilts of the sheathed weapons extending over his right shoulder. He then walks up next to Teegan and introduces himself.

"Orphan, Disciple of the Adamatine Arrow and of the Brotherhood of the Demon Wind, also reporting for duty. I have a companion waiting outside, who is not of the Adamantine Arrow or the Guardians but who was directed to come here. Her name is Valkyrie."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 1:43 am

~~Narration~~

The men exchange a look, and approach. The Caucasian holsters his pistols and returns Teegan's salute with a crispness of someone who was also in the military.

The Asian man smiles, "I'm Zilker, Epopt of the Guardians. Let's go meet Valkyrie, shall we?"

"West," the other man says. "I'm the Arrow Magister," he says, with a slight discomfort, still uncomfortable with the role. "Are you both Talons, First Talons...?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 1:48 am

Teegan's eyes switch to West, "Talon, sir." Her hard expression softens slightly, "We should hurry, I believe she's injured."
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 2:00 am

"Talon as well, Sir," Orphan replies to West. "And yes, Valkyrie was badly injured last night, though her condition is now stable."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 2:05 am

~~Narration~~

The group walks out front where they find Valkyrie waiting. West wears an unreadable expression, but Zilker looks a bit sad and amused at the same time.

"Come in, Valkyrie," Zilker says, "I'm Zilker."

When Valkyrie tests the Ban again, it yields.

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 2:56 am

Valkyrie cautiously takes a step across the invisible threshold. Then she gets this look on her face like she has a hundred different things to say, but doesn't know where to start.

An awkward silence threatens.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 2:12 pm

Teegan quietly walks with the group, waiting to be addressed again before she speaks.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 3:02 pm

Zilker gives West a look and a shrug, "Most of them are yours, anyway," he says, heading back inside and disappearing.

"Well, come on in," motioned West, looking thrilled to have been run out on. He leads them back to the enclosed practice yard, where he motions for everyone to sit on the benches along the sides.

"Well, I'm West, there's another Arrow, Ankh, that isn't here. The Ungala Draconis of Sacramento welcomes you. They're both Talons," he said, motioning to Orphan and Teegan. "But you're an Apostate," he states to Valkyrie. "I've heard about what happened, but I'm curious why you're here -- or are you just tagging along with Orphan?"

West takes off his holsters and towels his face as he sits and looks at Valkyrie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Teegan scans the practice yard then stands with one boot on the bench watching the conversation between the others. She also wonders what brought Val here and thus keeps any questions she might have had to herself waiting for, what she considers, a more appropriate time.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 3:56 pm

Orphan doesn't say a thing, letting Val handle West's question but hoping she will express interest in becoming an Arrow.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Damnshitfuckdamn Valkyrie swore at herself loudly in her own mind, since apparently the only real skill she's picked up in the last three days was an uncanny ability to fuck herself completely over.

"This woman at the Museum told me I should talk to you about my future as a Mage. However," she pulls out the remains of Ghoster's phone. "I was asked to give this phone to Zilker by someone who knew Ghoster. And now I've just flubbed my second chance at giving it to him and I'm sorry, but I'd really like to take up as little of his time as possible at this point. Could you possibly give me directions to wherever he's going?" She's obviously uncomfortable with the situation, but what's she going to do?
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 6:13 pm

West shrugged. "I really don't know where he's gone, but you can leave it with me or hang on to it..." he trailed off, not really knowing what to suggest. It was obvious this was important to her, perhaps an act of closure for the Libertine's death.

As he waited for her to make up her mind, he began stripping down his Sig to clean it. On a whim, he tossed his Five-SeveN to Teegan, motioning for her to do the same and watching to see how proficient she was at it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 6:30 pm

She smiles and snatches the gun from the air. With a practiced quickness she breaks the weapon down to its basic parts wiping them clean with a cloth she drew from one of the many zippers on her black cargo pants. In no time at all the gun reassembled. She flips it over, holding the handle out to West. "Sir."
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 6:52 pm

Orphan watches Teegan's performance, impressed. Though competent with firearms, he's nowhere near as comfortable or experienced with them as she appears to be.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Valkyrie looks at the damaged phone in her hand. "Alright, do you have something I could write a note on for him?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 8:29 pm

West nodded to Teegan and took the Fabrique Nationale back from her. He considered telling her to just call him "West" but he hadn't listened to similar requests himself.

He handed one of the rags and a pen to Valkyrie, the silver pen oddly heavy. He periodically glanced at her hand holding the pen, just like someone who had handed their Tool to a Moros would.

"So," he said to the other two, "Tell me about yourselves."

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Valkyrie declines the pen, showing no awareness that it might be a magical tool, or even one might be, instead pulling one from a pocket and spinning it from one finger to another while she thinks about how she wants to word this. After a minute the settles on what she wants and starts writing.

Spoiler:

She pulls a blue rubber band out of one of her pockets and affixes the note to the phone.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Mon May 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Teegan seems to loosen up a bit when West asks about them about themselves and speaks with cool confidence, "Well, I was born here in Sacramento. I joined the Army the minute I turned eighteen. My parents weren't to thrilled about it but I knew it was where I belonged. I flew through ranger training at Fort Benning so they sent me out to Iraq." She pauses, her guard dropping just enough for the others to tell that the next subject is uncomfortable for her but she continues speaking with the same confident voice. "They made me leader of my unit and ended up geting a couple of people out of trouble over there and I was up for some sort of medal but my Awakening cut my military career alittle short."
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Mon May 25, 2009 11:36 pm

Orphan says, "My Awakening was 3 years ago. I follow the Path of Thistle and am a Brother of the Demon Wind, having achieved the Brotherhood's first attainment. After completing my studies for the first attainment, my mentor tasked me with a pilgramage. He said that until I am ready for the second attainment, I am to find my own way while staying true to my duty as an Arrow, and meditate upon what both of those things mean. So, for the past year I've gone from place to place, trusting Fate to guide my travels, making contact with the Arrow and performing what duties I can wherever I go. I arrived in Sacramento yesterday."

He thinks for a moment, then adds "I'm a Disciple of Fate and Time, an Apprentice of Life and an Initiate of Space. I'm not sure what else you'd like to know, sir."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 25, 2009 11:44 pm

West listened to each as he took his pen back and put it back into the pocket of his sweat pants.

"I'd actually like to know why you fight, how you fight, and what you want your role in Sacramento to be," West said, looking at each. "Aside from the Granite Park problem, we have a significant Banisher problem, so I'd like to know what I'm working with."

He paused, then added, "I'd also like to know if either of you has any baggage I need to know about, and what your deficiencies are."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue May 26, 2009 12:10 am

"I fight because its what I'm good at, Sir. I'm an expert in firearms with exemplary marks in sub machine guns. Also, I'm trained in demolitions. I am a Disciple in Forces and Prime and an Apprentice in Space." She states, her eyes never wavering from West. Her stance remains tense or ready even though she's no longer at attention.

"I heard that there were some problems in Sacramento, and it being my home town, I came back to see if I could help. My parents still live in town. I guess they're my baggage but we're not exactly close. My mother taught me Spanish at a young age so I can translate if needed. I'm not really sure what my deficiencies are though, its been awhile since I've been put to the test. As for my role in Sacramento, I would like to be placed as effectively as possible. You've been in town longer than I have, Sir, so I feel that you might know where that is." She finishes off with a respectful nod to West.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 26, 2009 12:20 am

Valkyrie visibly winces when West brings up the "Granite Park problem", but she waits.
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 am

Orphan looks directly at West as he replies. "I fight for honor and because someone has to, because there are things that must be fought, and things worth fighting for, sir. My father was also an Arrow and a Brother of the Demon Wind, and I see myself as carrying on his legacy while also finding my own path. I specialize in up-close fighting and have trained extensively with the daisho and in grappling techniques, but I'm comfortable with a pretty wide array of weapons. I'm not as proficient with firearms as I am most other sorts of weapons, but I have had some training with firearms and recognize that as an area of weakness which I intend to improve upon. In combat, I use spells primarily to enhance my fighting ability and that of my companions, and generally favor the Fate Arcanum for that.

'I haven't been in Sacramento long enough, and don't know the local situation well enough, to have an idea yet what I'd like my role here to be, other than to serve as ordered and with honor, and hopefully join or help establish a cabal in which I can fight as part of a team. I believe Fate guided me here for a reason, though, so I trust a greater purpose will become clear with time.

"As to deficiencies... Well, other than needing to improve my skill with firearms, I know that I haven't yet developed any leadership skills. When I was younger, I was sort of a loner, not really a team player, got in trouble, all that. I'm past all that now and have learned teamwork, but I know that my growth as a warrior will require me to learn how to lead when the situation demands."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 1:07 am

West listened to each of them speak and studying their Resonance and spells as they did so.

"If you're going to stay, you need to answer the questions as well," he said to Valkyrie, holding out his hand for the phone. "Otherwise I'd like you to wait in the reception area."

Neither of them is capable of casting a Shield over their thoughts, yet neither of them consider that a deficiency. Interesting.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 26, 2009 2:04 am

Valkyrie looks a little surprised when she hands him the phone, and she answers without thinking about it. "It's the right thing to do. If you have some skill that you can use to protect someone that can't then it's your job to help them. If you can't do it in a way that you thought you could, then you need to find another way to do it. My father's always taught us that. I've been working as a paramedic for a couple of years now as a stepping stone into law enforcement. As to what I can do, like I said, I work for the city as a paramedic,"

BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Screams her conscience, but she doesn't say anything about that.

"And I've grown up around cops my entire life, so I know some of the older ones that are here, as well as a lot of the Hospital staff here. I can also speak Spanish, since it's pretty much a required skill in California. I'm a good driver and I have an excellent sense of direction, and I know how to manage my time really well. I know how to shoot a gun, and I have a sandan ranking in judo. I've picked up a lot of police training from the rest of my family. I help teach a self defense class on Thursdays, actually. I'm new at all this," she says, referring to the magic thing, "and I'm not very good at it, I think."
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 2:17 am

West looked at Orphan and Teegan. "Could each of you, in your own words, explain to Valkyrie what the difference is between a protector, and a warrior?" he asked. He was tempted to ask the young man to try to keep it short, but just because he wasn't a talker meant it was a bad thing.

I should ask her if Andrade or Tyria was the one who sent her to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue May 26, 2009 2:25 am

Teegan thinks for a moment, why do commanding officers always have questions like this? Then she said the first thing that came to mind, "A protector will die to defend whatever it is they have sworn to protect and a warrior, to me, might be anyone that defines battle as their chosen profession."
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue May 26, 2009 8:44 am

Orphan says, "A protector is mostly reactive, and his concern is more limited in scope than that of a warrior. If something doesn't concern whatever he or she is trying to protect, then it isn't relevant. Being a protector is an honorable thing, and protection is one of a warrior's many duties, but a warrior must also be active in seeking out threats and problems before they arise, and know when to use his or her skills and might to advance a goal, achieve an objective or promote a cause, rather than just defending it."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 11:35 am

"Beginning to learn something is very different than not being good at it," West turned back to Valkyrie, satisfied with the others' answers. It wasn't so much a right or wrong question, as much as further insight into how they thought.

Whether or not this one is an Arrow or Guardian remains to be seen, though... and she probably needs some resolution, beyond dropping off a phone, first.

"If Valkyrie wants to return to Granite Park, I'd like both of you to go with her. The Guardians and Arrows are both in agreement that this is a priority, since the Banishers have been laying low. Rooms are available here, if either of you need a place to stay," West said.

It was selfish as hell to not invite them to stay with him, considering the huge house had easily accommodated Azrael, Circe, and Kai in the past along with Ankh and him, but the past few weeks had been... great..

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next