Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeking a Thearch

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seeking a Thearch Empty Seeking a Thearch

Post by Lexi Sat May 30, 2009 1:20 am

Viktor hadn't set foot in the Museum in three months. He thought about stopping to check on the new exhibits they were sure to have up, but eh, he was here on business. At least, to start with. Andrade usually spent her time here, since Dr. Primoria and Party boy ran the place, and he hoped he'd find her here today.

In he went, through the front doors, and stood for a moment, glancing around at various signs and taking in the sight of a familiar location.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Seeking a Thearch Empty Re: Seeking a Thearch

Post by roadnottaken Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Animus enters the museum. Much as he might like to avoid continuing the conversation with Andrade, he knows that he can't just leave the questions brought up unresolved.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2009 11:36 pm

Andrade walked in behind Animus, taking delicate bites out of a scone fresh from a corner bakery. Since she was chewing she tapped him on the arm and motioned him to follow, then waved at Viktor.

Going back to a large, opulent office, she took a seat on one couch and motioned for them to sit on the other, and continued to nip at her scone, looking at them.

Seeking a Thearch Andradebanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun May 31, 2009 11:45 pm

Viktor follows Andrade through to the office, and settles down on the couch, crossing a leg over the other, his hands in his lap.

"So, delicious scone I take it?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sun May 31, 2009 11:47 pm

Animus starts when Andrade taps him. Following her into the office, he takes a seat at the other couch and waits for her to finish chewing.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 31, 2009 11:53 pm

"The bakery has definitely produced better," Andrade answered, licking her fingers. "So, what brings you two?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun May 31, 2009 11:55 pm

"Well you know, back in town. Thought I'd come say hello. After I had something to eat, of course." Viktor grins, "Dancing sure takes a lot of energy."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 am

Animus sighs. He would have preferred that this not be in front of another mage, but that didn't seem to be an option. "The conversation from the party the other night. You raised ... questions that need to be dealt with."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:52 am

"I am pleased that you came to me," Andrade said. "Please elaborate on how these questions should be dealt with."

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:25 am

Animus grins ruefully. "Not the way I tried to handle it at first. I guess I still need to sort out what I want." He pauses for a moment, considering. "Maybe we should continue where we left off?"
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:48 am

"You were saying that you wanted whatever you did to meaningful," Andrade says, after taking a few moments to recall the conversation. "I believe you also said that you had avoided leadership roles in the past?"

Andrade spared a glance at Viktor, wondering if this were just a social call.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 am

Viktor just leans back on the couch, looking comfortable and stretched out slightly. He offers a smile at Andrade when she glances over, and waits for them to finish.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 am

Animus simply nods. What else was there to say?
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:00 pm

"How do you plan to make that change?" Andrade asked, crossing her legs and leaning back. "And, what do you consider meaningful?"

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:59 pm

Animus thinks back to the meeting in Avalon, recognising how often he was leaving others to take the lead, even now. "I'll have to concentrate more on taking the initiative and actively think about what I can do in a given situation to make sure others are as effective as they can be. Beyond that, I don't know.

"If I can look back on a course of action, and see that it made a visible improvement in a larger situation, like within the consilium or for a group of sleepers, then it was meaningful."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Andrade sat for several moments, considering Animus. "You speak first of given situations, and then speak of looking backwards for meaning. A leader has a vision, Animus. A leader inspires. The Silver Dream is not a set of guidelines to follow. It's a shared vision."

She leaned forward and stared into his eyes. "Animus, do you have a vision? A dream that inspires you? Or are you just punching a clock?"

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:53 pm

"Punching a clock?" Animus chuckles. "I never could stand routines. I spoke first of the past because it is easier to discern, easier to draw conclusions from. My intent was certainly not to imply that the past is what matters most. Magic is empowering, and it is our right. My vision is that all of humanity Awaken, and regain the right that was taken from us."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Andrade shrugged slightly at the catechism. "What is more 'routine' than not distinguishing oneself? Tell me, what do you think of those that were with you in the Shadow?"

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Animus shrugs. "But it far from a routine when it's something I care about." Animus takes a long moment to compose his thoughts before continuing.

"I consider Joshua my closest friend. We've been through more together than I care to think about, and I trust his judgement. In addition to his combat abilities, I was quite surprised by how well he handled diplomacy. I can definitely see why he was named Sentinel.

"Armstrong is quite knowledgeable in science and mathematics, but she seems to expect that that can explain everything. I'm not certain she thinks other supernatural creatures exist, even after Avalon. But she's tough, and knows how to improvise to great effect.

"Fiddler was the only other one who survived from the cabal I had previously been assigned to work with. He wasn't prepared for the problems facing the city, and I don't fault him for his decision to leave, but I would have liked to have heard him play at least once.

"Captain is disciplined, and knows how to lead others. I can tell that he cares deeply for his crew.

"I get the impression that Theo is more competent than he gives himself credit for. Without his help, I don't think all of us would have left the park alive.

"Ruby is certainly the social one of the group, but she hasn't been around much recently. Apparently, she's been spending much of her time working on a sculpture; I'd like to see it when she's done."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:34 pm

"So do you think your place is here, with the Ladder? And if it is, how can we assist your personal growth?" Andrade asks, bobbing her foot.

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:44 pm

"Yes, my place is here. As for my personal growth, I'm not sure. I think it may be something I just need to handle myself."

Animus decides that the moment is right. "At the last consilium meeting, I wasn't ready to declare a cabal. I am now. The Living Stones, including myself, Joshua Morris, Armstrong, Ruby, and Apotheosis."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Andrade nodded. "If the Living Stones agrees to honor the Great Rights, the Consilium will recognize them. Which of you will be the Heart?"

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:03 pm

Animus speaks without hesitation. "I will."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

"Fine, just let Provost Dee know where your Sanctum will be. Was there anything else you wanted to discuss?" she asked, foot still bobbing.

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 pm

"No, that was all." Animus stops by John Dee's office to give him the location of the sanctum before leaving. That went much better than it could have.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:32 pm

"So," Andrade turned to Viktor, "What brings you by?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Viktor smiles, and stretches his arms across the couch. "Just thought I'd stop by, since I'm back in town. Funerals in the old country take forever." He shrugs a little, "I heard the Consilium got a move on, too. Anything for me to do?"
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:30 am

Eclipse's LS pulls up to the museum entrance and he gets out of the back seat. He walks into the museum while Lyle moves the car across the street to wait for him to come out.

In the lobby he stops to looks around. This was his first time visiting the museum, despite having been to Sacramento many times before, and he found himself admiring the collections on display.

He makes his way up to the reception desk and asks explicitly to see Andrade. He accompanies the receptionist back to the office where Andrade and Viktor are having their discussion. The aide begins to announce him, but stammers when she realizes that she hadn't gotten the man's name - so he announces himself with a self-confident smile.

"Eclipse."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:30 pm

"Come in," Andrade waved. "Deacon Eclipse, this is Viktor Adrian. Viktor, Eclipse."

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:59 pm

Eclipse crosses the large office and extends a hand to Viktor.

His disposition is friendly and his words come out strong and smooth, like some charming politician. His handshake is firm and while he speaks his eyes don't waver from Viktor's face. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Viktor. I look forward to perhaps working together in the future."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:37 pm

Viktor looks past Eclipse, chuckling as he doesn't take the handshake, "Nice to meet you."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:55 pm

Eclipse's smile doesn't waver as he withdraws his hand. He sweeps his attention away from Viktor - as if, perhaps, the rude man is no longer worthy of it.

"Hierarch Andrade. I've come to announce formally my residence in the city, and to offer myself and those in my employ to the service of our consilium. I'd also like to give you this."

He hands her an envelope.

"I sincerely hope you are able to attend."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:09 am

"Thank you," Andrade said as she took the envelope, "I'm sure I will."

She motioned for Eclipse to have a seat.

"I don't know if either of you have noticed, but we've had a large influx of Awakened, and most of them are running around with little or no training or leadership," Andrade said. "We just lost three, as a matter of fact."

Andrade's eyebrows furrowed for a second, whether in sorrow, or at the acknowledgment of a blemish on her record, neither man can tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:33 am

Viktor makes room on the couch for Eclipse, crossing one leg over the other. "I didn't know about the first part...had heard the second, though. Something about a park and zombies."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm

Eclipse seats himself. "I have heard. Unfortunate about those three young men in the park. The presence of the Ungula Draconis in this city is strong, however. I imagine once they put their full attention to the issue then we'll see some positive results. I'm more concerned with the abundance of new Workers in the city, and how alarming it is that so few of them seem interested in adopting the Silver Dream."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Andrade shrugged. "There aren't many Apostates, you know. Most of them have declared for Orders and have their own opinions. I'm actually more concerned that each Order is acting as a seperate entity rather than as a whole. It's exactly that sort of divisiveness that allows situations like Granite Park to occur."

"We also need a new Herald," she added. "The Arrow Magister didn't even know that one of the victims was of the Ungala Draconis until after the funeral."

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:16 pm

"The divisiveness you're talking about is definitely disturbing as well, though it is good there are so few Apostates."

"Herald." He seems to think for a moment "I am new to the city. Normally the position goes to someone who has already proven their dedication to a consilium. That is not to say that I don't believe myself capable. If no one else is interested, I mean."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 am

"You are quite good at announcing yourself uninvited." Viktor continues to smile, looking over to Andrade, "Anything to do for someone of my particular talents? I doubt I could be quite so eloquent as Mister Eclipse, here."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:14 am

Eclipse's attention snaps to Viktor

"That is Deacon Eclipse to you, sir."

He looks back to Andrade. His first act in this city shouldn't be reprimanding a subordinate, but he's beginning to become flustered.

"Hierarch Andrade, is such rudeness common among the mages of Sacramento's consilium or is this a particularly special case?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:39 am

"If your question suggests that I haven't been maintaining order, then I suppose so," Andrade answered with a glitter in her eye, half amused at the spat, half you went a bit too far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:45 am

"I apologize, Deacon Eclipse." Viktor shrugs again, and looks over to Andrade, "I've simply been waiting to ask about my own position for quite some time now, it was a little much to get shoved aside for your own questions."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:16 am

Eclipse stands. "Conclude your business, then. I shall wait."

He bends a little at the waist to Andrade, his face showing just the tiniest bit of humility at having lost his composure.

"My apologies, Hierarch, for my terseness."

With a final look at Viktor he folds his hands behind his back and walks away from the couch. He moves around the room, peering out the window or looking at the trinkets or photos Andrade has lying around. Seeming to be completely and genuinely disinterested.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 am

"So," Andrade says, foot resuming it's bobbing, "What do think you should be doing, Viktor?"

The shelves have an odd mix of books, various gems, a partially assembled clock, a scalpel, and photos. Most of the photos are of exotic locations. One of them appears to be a much younger Andrade and an even younger brunette girl, possibly in her late teens, holding hands with a very average looking man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:10 pm

Viktor shrugs a little, "I'm not particularly a very..eloquent person, as I've said already." He glances across at Eclipse, and then licks his lips just lightly, "I have the ability to hold a position as Lictor, but that's entirely up to you. I suppose that's not something you just take."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:52 pm

"Deacon," Andrade says to Eclipse, "This is a decision you should make."

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Eclipse takes his attention away from the photograph he'd been looking at, and sauntering over to the couch he addresses Andrade. "Of course, as you know Hierarch, it's a huge responsibility, being a Lictor. One must place their own interests second to the interests of the Order, and be prepared to uproot and go anywhere in the world where the Ladder would require your skills. A good Lictor possesses discretion, determination, tenacity, passion, and confidence. I believe we've already born witness to Viktor's confidence and passion."

He addresses Viktor.

"Normally the position of Lictor can only be awarded to someone by another Lictor, but this is a special case. I don't know for sure that you are the right man for the job, but I'm willing to take the chance of finding out. You have my endorsement, Thearch Adrian."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:57 am

Ryan took a deep breath as he aproached the Museum. He had no idea why he was nervious. He wore basically the same thing from the party at the rage, except cleaned up. Where are you Ollie? Starting to freak out here.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:09 pm

"I've been a lictor," Andrade smiles. "Fine, Viktor, you shall be Herald and lictor. Since the duties overlap a bit, and because both require familiarizing yourself with the city's Awakened, it would be silly to have two people bumping heads and wasting time."

"Since your legal skills are a bit... lacking, and since the Deacon has endorsed you, you'll go to him with problems, new faces, news from cabals, that sort of thing," Andrade finishes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:19 pm

~Ollie~

Ollie rolls up on his skateboard and waves at Ryan when he sees him.

He looks nervous
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:48 pm

Ryan finally managed to relax as soon as he saw Ollie. "Hey." He said as he walked over.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next