Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain)

2 posters

Go down

We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain) Empty We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain)

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sat May 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Henry goes by foot to the Hostel, intent on finding Captain and having a little chat, face to face. He didn't exactly feel at ease walking into FCHQ, but sometimes it couldn't be helped. And besides, he'd done more dangerous things in the past without need.

Once he's found the place, he heads in without hesitation. Someone in here has to be able to tell him where you can find a Captain.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain) Empty Re: We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain)

Post by shouldabeenadog Sat May 30, 2009 11:53 pm

The receptionist looks at you.

"Can I help you sir?" She is pleasant, but not painfully so.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain) Empty Re: We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain)

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 12:12 am

Henry gives the receptionist a casual smile. Let's keep the attitude for those who deserve it he reminds himself. Oh, who am I kidding, they all deserve it. But let's wait for the right moment.

"Probably. I'm looking for a man, likes to be called Captain."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 1:17 am

She smiles. A pleasant 'oh shit a VIP just showed up' smile. "Take the elevator up to the 2nd floor. Room 200. I'll let him know to expect you mister..."
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 9:21 am

Henry answers, completing the woman's sentence. "Henry. And he should already be expecting me. Thank you miss." He gives her a tip of an imaginary hat, and heads to the elevator, and room 200.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 3:16 pm

Henry gets to room 200 easily enough. The door is actually open. Inside are three people, two men, one woman in street clothes lounging about, watching the Millitary Channel. They are all also wearing shoulder holsters with nice looking guns. When you cross the threshold they turn to you.

"Your name starts with an H and ends in?" The oldish looking man asks.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 3:37 pm

It takes Henry a brief moment to answer. "A Y", he says. He wasn't sure what was most baffling : The fact that these people tried to actually check who their guests were with 'passwords', or that the passwords didn't require cypher sheets and multiple minutes to decypher. "I'm here to see the Cee-Pee-Tee," he adds.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 4:14 pm

"Welcome aboard. Captain is that way. He indicates a door. Going through it, you see that the office is lavishly decorated with ships. Model Ships, pictures, plans, and schematics. Old ships, modern ships, even a small plastic outrigger is on a bookshelf. Captain himself sits at a wooden desk, scattered with papers and two phones, one painted red, the other blue. His cell phone sits on the desk. Off to the side is a cleanly pressed and neat Navy Uniform, with a captain's hat resting on a small chair. The room isn't messy, but it seems a little...cluttered.
"Come in, you must be Henry. My name is Captain, and its a pleasure to meet you." His stride is crisp and strong. He extends his hand in offering.
We can't stop here, this is hippie territory! (Attn Captain) Captain
Supernal Vision
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 4:49 pm

"Thanks," Henry says to the man giving directions.

Once he's reached Captain's office (though quarters seems to be a more appropriate term), Henry gives Captain a thin smile, more cautious than he gave the receptionist, but a smile nonetheless. He takes the offered hand and gives it the kind of firm handshake young people just don't give anymore.

"I am, Captain, and likewise," he answers neutrally. "Thank you for receiving me on such short notice." He is somewhat unsure of how to approach this man, so pleasantries are a default to fall back on.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 5:00 pm

"Come, have a seat." He gestures to the chair opposite the desk.
"So, I assume you read the report. What are your thoughts on it?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 5:18 pm

Henry takes the offered seat. The corner of his mouth curls in a more honest smile. "Straight to the point." Is that the faintest hint of appreciation in his voice? Finally, a hippie he can deal with.

"A shipment of corpses and weapons disappearing leaves a few possibilities. Weapons disappearing aren't such a worry. It's the corpses that bother me." He holds up a finger. "Either someone wants to use the corpses to make a statement, or," he holds up another, "someone wants to arm an army of trained, decomposing bodies."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Captain nods. Guardian to the core. But strangely not suffocating. Yet.
"I have a few friends in the VA, they are looking in on things. I still haven't heard back yet, but it should be soon. I guess that the guardians trained you in investigative areas?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 5:37 pm

Henry gives Captain a slow nod. "They have. If you can get us onsite, knowing what we know, we can probably find out more than your friends."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 6:12 pm

"Agreed." Captain couldn't resist the defence though. "However, I'm also sure that you want to know whose heading up the investigation, and who else is involved. Because from what Zilker mentioned about Ghoster's death, this isn't something we want the MPs involved in." His voice isn't demeaning or accusatory, or even I told you so. Its more 'i'm right, period' in tone. Confidence oozes out of Captain like a sieve, and it feels like its rubbing off on you.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 6:40 pm

"Right. Avoiding Sleeper involvment of any type is paramount here." Feels weird, agreeing with the Free Council. "And if you can find out who's leading the investigation, it would make it just that much easier to get the MPs out of our business."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 6:49 pm

"Glad we are on the same page there. Now for the news your not going to like. The three who you saw before are coming with us. They are a part of my crew, and serve an important tactical purpose as well. They are sleepwalkers, and my dearest friends. So, you can take it or leave it. I won't begrudge you if you can't accept that." Captain sounds like he's given this speech a lot.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 7:15 pm

Henry twists his mouth ins something resembling distaste. He takes a few seconds before replying. "Depends. They know enough not to run their mouths?" It's not clear how much of a question it is, and how much of an 'They had better be' statement it is.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 7:19 pm

"They talk to each other, they talk to me about this stuff. They talk to their friends about the navy and service. No family." At least this guardian had the sense to ask, instead of walking out, or doing the homicidal streak like that guy in Bermuda.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 7:27 pm

"You're right, that part I don't like." You can practically see the cogs turning in his head : He needs me to investigate, but I need him to get in. But there are probably other people who can investigate, but fewer people who can get him. So I need him more than he needs me. This stinks. "As long as they know the consequences for blabbing, I'll live with it."
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 pm

Well, this worked out better than he had hoped.
"Excellent. To fit in on base, you'll probably want a uniform. Leftenant has a couple of spares. He's the british sounding guy in the other room. we will meet you at the gate at 0830. Any questions?"
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by ParanoidAndroid Sun May 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Henry takes a moment to consider. "None. While we're at it, the more complete a dossier you get on the person investigating this little incident, the better to get the MPs out of the way. I will see you outside the gate, 0830 sharp." He stands up. "Now, I'll see about getting fitted to a uniform." He doesn't sound either happy or unhappy about it, but his inside thoughts are Just as long as you don't think of me as another one of your cronies.
ParanoidAndroid
ParanoidAndroid

Back to top Go down

Post by shouldabeenadog Sun May 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Leftenant, in a thick British accent and bad teeth, gets Henry a uniform that fits well enough. The nametag and rank insignias come to: Liuetant Cor. Though you saw that many of his spares had different names on them.
shouldabeenadog
shouldabeenadog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:26 am

~~Narration~~

Henry takes the uniform and they agree to meet the following Monday at McClellan, since Captain has a funeral to attend.

Henry never hears from Captain again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down