Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eclipse's Party

+6
DaevaDude
Kelreth
Lexi
Fractured
Rosyn
Premsyl
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Eclipse's Party Empty Eclipse's Party

Post by Guest Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:16 pm

6pm arrives at Eclipse's home.

Back to top Go down

Eclipse's Party Empty Re: Eclipse's Party

Post by Premsyl Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Eclipses driveway is lined by flickering lawn torches that, as the evening goes on, cast more shadow than dim light on the front of the house. The bottom floor has been decked out for the party, including a particularly large living room that has been filled with tables and chairs, as well as a sumptuous catered buffet set in one of the corners and an open bar in the other. Soft music plays from unseen speakers. Banners are hung from the walls that illustrate the precepts of the Silver Dream - Blood, Thunder, Diamond, and Star, with a banner in the center of them displaying a grandiose Silver Ladder emblem.

Anyone who should, for any reason, find themselves wanting to venture upstairs find themselves coming against a solid ban, courtesy of Provost Dee.

Lyle is working furiously, the poor kid, making sure everything is going off without a hitch. He can be seen scampering from place to place, adjusting this and checking that.

There are a few people here already, some the ever present obscure faceless mages of the city as well as a few who seem to have come from out of town to attend Eclipses party. They mingle about, chatting genially with one another.

Eclipse is moving throughout the room, greeting those he knows and introducing himself to those he does not - seeming to remember everyone's name. He wears a classy black tuxedo and bow tie.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:05 pm

-Mirage-

A lovely woman in a revealing white dress and silver heels moves around the party, greeting people and troubling Lyle to assure her that everything is in order. She lives here, with Eclipse but the relationship is all business and she wants everything to be perfect for him.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:29 am

Tug walks into the party wearing an impeccable, custom-tailored black suit. After seeing what his brother wore to the funeral, he had insisted his brother get fitted for one as well, and footed the bill.

He recalls Eclipse and Mirage from the funeral, and approaches Eclipse first, his face solemn. He remembers what his mother told him to say when greeting his host.

"Hello again. We attended the funeral together. My name is Tug," he says, extending his hand to shake, "You have a lovely home."

Mom would be so proud.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:49 am

Eclipse grasps Tug's hand firmly.

"Why thank you, Tug. I'm Eclipse. I remember you from the funeral. What a fine example of Adeptness with Life you showed. Bravo to you, it's always good to see someone so proud of their gifts. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:10 am

"Thank you, Eclipse. It is a tragedy that it didn't help us find the party responsible," he says obliquely, given the nature of the event. Then he leans in to speak in a hushed voice. "Speaking of which...what arrangements have you made for security and screening of your guests? The mage responsible has yet to be apprehended." He looks Eclipse in the eye to convey the gravity of this statement. "I am an Arrow," he adds as explanation for his concern.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:22 am

Eclipse places a reassuring hand on one of Tug's big shoulders. "Rest assured, my friend. I'm well aware of the dangers that have come to plague this city. Exactly why I'm all the more pleased to have representatives of the Ungula Draconis in attendance tonight. Our Orders have ever been close allies."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:47 am

Tug smiled at Eclipse, not satisfied with the answer, but unwilling to insult his host by probing further. Out of the corner of his eye, he recognizes the woman who had accompanied Eclipse to the funeral. He hadn't had time to notice the other day, but...Hot damn.

"May I ask, who is the woman you brought with you the other day?" He tried to conceal his interest, in case she turned out to be his wife or girlfriend or something.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:51 am

Eclipse follows Tug's gaze over to Mirage, and he smiles at her as their eyes meet briefly as she moves through the room.

"Her name is Mirage. Beautiful, isn't she?" He turns his attention back to Tug "She is my assistant. She's well versed in both Sleeper and Awakened law. She is an invaluable asset."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:04 am

-Mirage-

Noticing that Tug and Eclipse were looking her way, Mirage dismisses the group she was greeting and walks over to them. "Good evening Deacon Eclipse. Mind introducing me?" She asks with a smile.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:08 am

Andrade arrives, and watches the Deacon greet his guests, curious to see who all will be in attendance.

Zilker enters with West, and they both stop talking as they enter. Anyone with half a brain could guess they were discussing the funeral events. Zilker is dressed in a well-cut black suit and crimson button down.

West seems surprised to see Tug, but quietly enters and studies everyone. He's that guy that never wants to be at parties, but keeps having to show up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:10 am

Starling shows up right behind Andrade, dressed in a very nice silk suit with a light coating of fur at the collar and wrists. He glances about to see who is already here.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:21 am

Eclipse smiles "Why, not at all." He gestures to Tug. "Mirage, this is Tug - of the Adamantine Arrow. He was in attendance at the funeral, remember? He was the one who made such a splendid showing of the Life arcana." He notices Andrade enter. "Excuse me, Mirage. Tug it's a pleasure to meet you."

He approaches the Hierarch and Starling, inclining his head a bit to Andrade. "It's good to see you, Hierarch. My thanks for finding the time to attend. It's my pleasure to host you." He extends a hand to Starling, smiling warmly "And greetings to you as well. My name is Eclipse."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:34 am

Starling bows politely, and takes Eclipse's hand like he's going to kiss it...and doesn't. "You can call me Starling, darling."
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:40 am

Falx walks in wearing dark blue jeans and dark coat. Seeing one man talking he waits until addressed. He's never really been sure how the Ladder works other than its political and they try to make sure things run smooth. And a lot of smoothing could happen about now.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:54 am

"Of course," Tug calls after Eclipse, not at all sad to see him go, viewing his replacement.

"How do you do?" he says, taking her hand like he's seen in the movies and grinning.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:06 am

-Mirage-

"Well, thank you." She replies sweetly. Eager to meet the new arrivals she tells Tug,"I hope you enjoy your time here, let me know if you need anything." Then goes over to Eclipse and begins introducing herself to the others when its her turn to speak.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:10 am

Tug turns to watch Mirage leave and catches sight of his brother.

In jeans.

Once he's got Falx's attention, he rolls his eyes in an exaggerated way sure to be seen across a room. He'll wait until he's met their hosts before giving him shit about it.

Is he trying to embarrass me?
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 am

Orphan arrives after many guests had already arrived. He'd been torn about attending at all, given all the things that had been happening, but he'd decided he might as well attend in order to meet some more of the local mages and because if something happened like what had occurred at the funeral, it would be good to have a larger Arrow presence. He was concerned about looking out of place, though, since he only wore one suit, and he wasn't in a hurry to wear that one again after the funeral. So, he dressed in his usual, very casual attire, save that along with his work boots and leather jacket he wore a button-down workshirt and comfortable jeans in place of the usual t-shirt and fatigue pants. He wore his pistol under his jacket, holstered in back, and since this was a formal Mage affair, he also arrived wearing his daisho, as was customary among members of his Legacy.

He just hoped he could get past the help in his outfit. "If not, I can always go back to the Circle of Creation and train some more," he mumbled to himself.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Animus arrives at the party, surprised at the sheer number of guests already there. Parties still aren't his idea of fun, but he is not about to miss an event hosted by a deacon. Almost immediately, he spots Eclipse talking with Andrade and Starling, and immediately heads toward them. He waits to be recognised, rather than breaking into their conversation.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:06 pm

After a brief exchange with the Hierarch and Starling, Eclipse walks over to Animus extending his hand to shake.

"Good evening to you, sir. I'm Eclipse. So glad you could make it."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:26 pm

The din of laughter and merriment can be heard outside now as Brutus arrives. So many Mages. Each new face made Brutus feel smaller, less unique.

He wears the nice blue sport coat and slacks he brought with him, slightly wrinkled around the edges. His hair is slicked and neatly trimmed. Is that cologne? and are those nice black shoes shined? Over all this young twenty something has dressed to impress. His phone chirps and he pulls it out, flips it off and slips it back into his pocket.

He recognizes a few faces from the Circle and looks to see if there might be any interesting conversation he might slip himself into.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Joshua arrives not too long after, and unlike Orphan he is not so concerned about wearing his funerary clothes so soon after that event. At least he took the time to launder them.
There's Animus, and a few Arrows, and a couple people he saw at the funeral; Joshua looks around, trying to determine who to talk to, when he sees West. He walks over to speak with the Adamant Sage. "You heard about what happened by now, I take it?"
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Orphan managed to get in without a problem. He felt comfortable enough, but he as aware that he didn't exactly fit in. He was surprised to see how well Tug cleaned up. He noticed West and Zilker and several others he knew, and he wondered which of these other people was the Deacon.

Nothing better to do, he decided to just mingle and listen to the flow of the conversation, trusting Fate would eventually lead him to the party's host.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Animus returns the handshake. "I'm Animus. I wish we could have met under more more positive circumstances."
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:47 pm

Tug can see that the party's hosts are otherwise occupied, so he approaches Falx, Orphan, and Brutus. He regards Brutus with an approving eye.

"At least I'm not the only one who knows how you're supposed to dress at one of these things," he says and quickly glances at his brother. "I bought him a suit, a nice one," he complains to Orphan and Brutus. He looks back to Falx. "Why the hell didn't you wear it?"
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Orphan looks over Falx, who he thinks looks fine.

"Ah, give him a break. Me, the only suit I own is the one from the funeral. I thought wearing it today would be tempting Fate, and besides, I ripped out some seams doing my running stunt and haven't had time to repair it."

Orphan indicates his daisho, strapped across his back. "In the legacy I follow, the only mark of status is one's swords. Some of the Wavemen dress nicely, some not so much." He shrugs. "My mentor used to show for Concilium meetings in flip-flops and a Hawaiian shirt."

Looking over Tug and Brutus, he adds "Gotta say, though, you two look sharp."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:50 pm

Falx shrugs. "I'm not going to risk getting anything on that suit. It's nice, really nice, nice like I don't want to wear it when I half expect more stuff to happen." He opens his coat and the butt of a pistol can be seen. "I also wanted something that would let me hide that."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:02 pm

"You think something will happen here?" Brutus looks about the room as expecting trouble. "I came here for a party. A nice one. He turns back to the group I've had this suit since highschool. I just glad I can fit into it again."
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Tug relents from questioning Falx's attire to wondering how the hell his brother managed to walk into this party with pistols, Orphan with a sword, and wondered who else was concealing weapons. West, Zilker, obviously, and the Sentinel, too, but he was more worried with people not on the receiving end of sniper rounds.

"I understand the troubles we face," my ass.

He leans toward the group to speak quietly. "I wonder who else here is packing, that wasn't at the funeral the other day." He finally speaks up about something that had been on his mind. "Or showed up, cursed the next man to show up dead, and left." He lets the gravity of his statement speak for itself. "Maybe we should split up and work the crowds, one person stay by the door?" he suggests.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Falx nods. "Sounds good. I wanted to talk with West and the rest of us arrows as to what we think we should do. What ever it is, it shouldn't be just sitting around not paying attention." He looks at the door and then around. "Its not the door that I am worried about, this person doesn't like to be close. Its the windows, but that means no where is safe basically. Which is Not something that needs to be known."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:38 pm

"I know a little about the attack, but aren't you all being a little paranoid?" Brutus asks. He looks about the party again, no trouble still. "This is a formal party arranged by the a Member that other group, the Ladder. Surely no punk will have the balls to harass this many Wizards at once.?" Brutus double checks his pockets. His fist weapons were still there, just in case.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:47 pm

"Nonsense. I'm just glad to have met you. So you're Animus. Fantastic work dealing with that obelisk situation. Thank you for coming. I'm trying to get a feel for what kind of Thearchs we have living in Sacramento. So far I have been a bit surprised but not displeased. Someday soon you and I will have to talk more about the Ladder's movements in this city but until then just enjoy the party. Excuse me."

He casts a glance over at the group of Arrows whispering together, and smiles somewhat knowingly. He walks by Mirage, whispering something in her ear. Then he begins to mingle again, opening himself up to anyone else who wants to introduce themselves to him.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:56 pm

"The person had the balls to shoot at mages at a funeral. I wouldn't put anything past them. And paranoid? Maybe but if its being paranoid or being caught with my pants down. Ill be paranoid and wear a belt to make sure." Seeing that Eclipse isn't talking to someone. "Sorry, I'll be right back I want to introduce myself."

He walks over to Eclipse. "Hello I'm Falx of the arrows."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:58 pm

Eclipse turns and smiles "It's good to meet you, Falx. I'm Eclipse. I remember seeing you at the funeral. Ugly bit of business, that."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Seeing Eclipse move on, Animus wanders over to where Joshua is talking with the Arrow Magister.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Falx nods. "Ya....there is something to be learned from it though." He pauses for a moment. "One thing, I am sorry if this is rude or if I have broken any sort of rule but" He opens his coat and shows the butt of a pistol. "I didn't want to be left with nothing to work with after what happened at the funeral."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:08 pm

Eclipse nods confidentially, drawing close to Falx and softly gesturing he re-hide the gun. "You've done nothing wrong. After all, what is a dragon without it's claws? It does raise the question, however, of who else could be bearing arms. I trust you and your fellows are remaining vigilant as always?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:11 pm

"That just came up over with them." He motions to the other arrows. "We will be soon enough, if West doesn't show up I'm gana figure something out."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Mirage nods to Eclipse as he walks by and turns away from him, picking Andrade out of the crowd. She walks over to greet her, full of confidence. "Good Evening Hierarch Andrade. I hope you're enjoying yourself. I'm Eclipse's assistant Mirage. I wanted to thank you for welcoming us your city." She's smiling, truly grateful of Andrade's attendance.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:13 pm

"West? The Arrow Magister, correct?"

He gestures across the room to where West was talking with Zilker.

"I'm not sure, but is that not him over there?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:14 pm

West nodded soberly at Joshua. Privately, he was disturbed that so many had died, and it seemed as if ten-odd Mages had been relatively ineffective against one. Still -- he wasn't there, and snipers were never easy to handle.

Shame Uriel isn't here to teach these guys about snipers.

"Yeah," he answered the Sentinel. "We'll make it a priority to get on it. From what Zilker says, I have my suspicions about our friend's unusual talents."

Andrade watched the group, curious at how many new faces there were. Apparently not having had a Herald for a month or two had more of an effect than she had thought. She fixed a pleasant smile on her face, and found a seat to sit in, wondering if the host would be making introductions or announcements.

Just then a lovely woman came up and greeted her, and she smiled in return.

"I'm glad to be here, Mirage, thank you for helping Eclipse host."

Zilker examined all of the Mages he had never seen, or only met once, memorizing their Resonance 'signatures'. He wasn't much worried about an attack here, tonight, with both him and West, but he was glad to see several of the Arrows had brought weapons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Falx looks over and stops himself from face palming. "Hah........" He shakes his head in bemusement. "Ah well apparently I could do to be more social couldn't I Would it offend you if I went over to talk with him right now? I'm not sure what passes as acceptable but I'd rather talk with him and get things set."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Eclipse seems to be trying not to wear too bemused an expression, though he thinks it odd that the man was asking for his position to speak to the leader of his own Order.

"By all means. It was a pleasure meeting you."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:23 pm

"Same, I hope sometime we can all get together and not have to be worried."

He walks over to where West is standing and stops a few feet away.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:24 pm

Joshua nods. "I've never heard of Banishers being so skilled at magic. I had always thought they never became very proficient, if only because they had no taste for it." He scans the crowd and adds, "Several of us here tonight were present. I managed--well, I think it was me--to prevent him from killing more, but he managed to escape before we could capture him. And unfortunately he used Space to retrieve his rifle before anyone could clean it of Sympathies." He sounds particularly frustrated at that. "On the bright side, I did identify the weapon. It's a ((rifle, with about ten seconds of technical jargon added on)). I'm not too sure how Space works but if I can get a picture of that particular model I think Armstrong may be able to track him down. Provided, of course, he's not sitting behind a ward when we try it."
He turns a bit to Animus with a nod as he says this last bit, so his cabal-mate is aware of the plan.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:39 pm

West looked over at Falx and gave him curious look and a shrug, not understanding why he isn't talking.

"That sounds good," West agreed to Joshua's plan. "The other Hero of the Obelisks," he smiled a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 pm

Falx steps closer. "I am wondering if you have any plans for this party or if we should just mingle and keep an eye out."
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:42 pm

Mirage thanks Andrade and excuses herself. She wonders when the last time she saw Lyle was...he's Eclipse's problem now, I'm not dealing with it. She wanted to get he name out there, she couldn't let herself rely on Eclipse's status. She greets a few of the nameless crowd on her way over to Animus. Eclipse had brought him to her attention as another Silver Ladder and she wanted to introduce herself. "Hello, Animus I believe? I'm the Deacon's assistant, Mirage. Welcome." She's still all smiles.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:55 pm

"Just mingle," West replied. "The premises are Warded quite well."

I really need to set up the chain of command.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next