Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party at the Rage (open)

+7
DaevaDude
Fractured
jmiland1
Darksider42
Kelreth
Rosyn
Premsyl
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Party at the Rage (open) Empty Party at the Rage (open)

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 3:57 pm

~~Narration~~

The word has been on the streets for weeks, that the Rage is having an anniversary event.

Tonight's the night.

The unusually observant will notice an odd absence of law enforcement or fire marshalls, but every time something seems like it might get out of hand, Jammer's bobbing dreds and bullshit-you-not attitude is there to calm it down.

There's a small line up to the DJ's booth and people coming out seem to have a smile perma-fixed on their face, merging back into the bright lights and sea of bodies.

Party at the Rage (open) Jammerbanner

(( For continuity purposes this takes place after all currently open threads. Ryan North is out of the hospital. ))

Last edited by West on Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Party at the Rage (open) Empty Re: Party at the Rage (open)

Post by Premsyl Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 pm

Ollie had been stoked as hell about the party for weeks. Then Granite Park happened and he didn't even know if he should show his face. At the last minute he'd decided that it wouldn't do any good to hide indoors and the sooner he got through this the sooner he could move on with his life. He figured there might be a couple awkward moments, depending on how many people had heard about him and Val's time in the park.

I wonder if she'll be there

He shows up wearing his usual cargo pants and skate brand t-shirt. He gets inside and begins to mingle with the crowd. Trying to have a good time. Checkin out the ladies. He keeps an eye out for anyone he knows, Val and Jammer in particular. He hadn't heard of Val since that night and would at least like to see how she seemed to be doing, even if he didn't talk to her. If he found Jammer it'd be to say 'What's up' and see if he had a joint or two for sale.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue May 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Teegan's Ford Explorer parks a couple blocks from the Rage, she grabs her guitar and throws the strap over her shoulders letting the instrument hang on her back. She's wearing the same plain outfit from earlier that day at the Circle of Creation, a gray tank with her pocket covered black pants and heavy army boots. She has no idea what to expect from whatever party is going on since this is her first time back in town in years but she's glad she's finally getting to meet people. She walks the couple blocks to the Rage and slips through the crowd. Minding the guitar she had brought, she finds an open space at the bar and posts up, patiently waiting for the bartender.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Falx walks into the Rave and steps to the side. He stops and looks around the place. Taking in the cacophony of noises he smiles and visibly relaxes. The atlantean symbols pop out to him as he looks around the place. Guessing the place is also warded and if not more he decides it wouldn't be a good idea to start casting spells while inside unless he has too. He walks along the crowd of people looking for anyone he recognizes (I'm waiting to see who he meets in the dinner) and for a place to sit.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue May 26, 2009 6:32 pm

After waiting in line for a few minutes and flashing his fake ID, Ryan found himself back in the Rage. He managed to get some of his cloths back from the dorms, dispite the hassle. He wore just a pair of jeans and an old grey T-shirt. Hospital had been hell, though some of the get well soon cards made it bearable. Wandering through the crounds for a few minutes, he managed to spot Ollie. "Hey man." He said as soon as he was in earshot. He was giving Ryan weird vibes. But then again, some of the people here are doing that to him.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 26, 2009 6:56 pm

Ollie sees Ryan and his face breaks into a big grin. He walks up to him, clapping him on the shoulder. "Hey, bro! Wouldn't expect to see you here. What's happening?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue May 26, 2009 7:00 pm

"Been a complet nightmare for the last few days. Some psyco got into my dorm and shot me. Thought I'd hide here for awhile." He said as he motioned Ollie over to the bar. He needed a drink, hopefully not to much.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Ollie walks over to the bar with Ryan he looks up and down the bar to see who's there. A bald chick catches his eye, and he does a double take.

Is that Sinead O'Connor?

He takes a closer look.

Dude that is NOT Sinead O'Connor, she's like, old now. That chick's too young.

He looks back to Ryan, realizing what he just said. "Wait, wait.. What? Somebody came into your dorm and shot you? What the fuck happened, man? Are you ok? Did they catch the guy?"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm

"I'm fine, Well as far as I can tell. Been told they're looking for him and all this other stuff. As for why I was shot in the first place....I have no idea." After that was said and done, Ryan ordered a glass of vodka. He gave Ollie a funny look. "No offence man, but theres something off about you tonight."
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Ollie raises an eyebrow at him, then gives his underarms a quick sniff. "What do ya mean. I showered this morning."
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue May 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Teegan receives the bottle of beer she ordered and turns around to watch the crowd. Notices some guy give her a weird double take, what's his deal? She tucks her guitar under the bar in front of her seat and leans lazily against the bar drinking her brew.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Tue May 26, 2009 7:59 pm

Joshua enters the Rage, wincing a bit at the noise/music. This wasn't his sort of place at all, but as he'd explained to Animus and Armstrong on the drive over, he wanted to know the city's mages. All the better to police them.
The types of mages he preferred would generally show to Consiliums, not dance clubs. But he knew that he wasn't always going to be dealing with the types of mages he preferred.
He takes a moment to read the Atlantean around the club, checking the crowd out as he did so. So far, he saw no one he knew.
"So... I guess we should try the bar? Or maybe we should circulate." He looked to Animus and Armstrong for their opinions. Out of his element.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Tue May 26, 2009 8:21 pm

((also waiting on the diner thread to decide how to react to other toons at the party))

Tug shows up and smacks his brother on the shoulder, hard. "What's up, bro? I'll get us some beers."

He walks up to the bar and orders two Dos Equis and looks around to see who he recognizes.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Orphan arrives at the party with Valkyrie, having provided her with a ride to the event. He was glad she’d decided to come; given all that had happened lately, he’d worried she might not be in the mood for a party atmosphere. For his own part, Orphan glad for the opportunity to get to know some of the other local mages, especially since is initial interactions with a couple of the Consilium hadn’t gone as well as he’d hoped. His experience of camaraderie with other mages, warrior and otherwise, had gone a long way toward helping him get out of the sullen-loner dead end he’d been on up until his Awakening, and he’d really missed having much of that during his pilgrimage of the past year.

As usual, Orphan was dressed very casually: hiking boots, fatigue pants, leather jacket, black t-shirt. He wore only one item of jewelry, a silver pendant carved with Japanese kanji. Wearing his daisho would have drawn unwanted attention, so he was going with just his pistol tucked into a back holster and covered by his jacket.

Looking around, he noticed two people he recognized. The first was Teegan, and he was glad to see her here. The other was Ollie, and his presence didn’t make Orphan so glad. As soon as he saw him, Orphan glanced at Val, wondering how she’d manage being around him, or if she might want to leave. Orphan wasn’t sure whether he wanted to interact with Ollie either, but there were plenty of other people to meet and hopefully get to know. He noticed a big, thick-necked guy by the bar who looked sort of familiar, though Orphan couldn't think for the life of him where he might have seen him before.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 9:08 pm

Zero strolled into the Rage wearing his Stormtrooper costume, oblivious to the yells and insults as he breezed past the line. He was pretty sure someone threw a beer can at him but fuck it the armor was apparently functional as well as stylish.

Walking in he threw a deuce in the direction of the DJ booth and almost ran into carrot top and the girl from the Museum. Vickery, or Vicky, or Victim. Something.

"Hey, short, dark, and raaaaaaawr," he said, trying to focus on her. "Don't be all givin' me that Shanaynay look, either."

"Look, there's your buddy Ollie, let's go do shots!" he said, excitedly, pointing at the bar.

Party at the Rage (open) Zerobanner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Tue May 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Falx takes the hit from his bro and almost returns it but decides that wouldn't be a great thing to start.
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Tue May 26, 2009 10:38 pm

Armstrong has no idea what to do, other than squeeze into as small a space as she possibly can without using magic, in case there was something contagious about this place. She had no idea where 99% of, well, anything in the club had ever been. "I think we should start with drinks." She needed one after that meeting, not that she wanted to talk about it.

~~~

Val desperately needed to unwind. But she had to make some corrections first.

"Alright. First," Valkyrie points at Orphan. "I am short, I am aware of this. If I am made of glass, I was not aware of that. There is a big difference between the two." The look in her eyes clearly said not to make a note of the pun in that statement. "I appreciate your help, but I'm dealing with Ollie on my own thankyouverymuch. I would appreciate it if you wouldn't get in the way, since he is not a member of your Order and does not have to live up to your standards."

Then she looks at stormtrooper that she recognized from the museum. "I am too tired to get into it with you, and I am not getting into it with Ollie until I've got some drinks in me already. I do need your number because I need to talk to you about some things."

Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Tue May 26, 2009 10:44 pm

-Hollins-

Hollins walks into the bar wearing his favorite outfit. Even in the packed club he draws attention, people moving aside to let him pass. It could be his interesting choice of clothing, or it could be the mottled brown snake coiling around an arm, like a living fashion accessory. He doesn't seem to pay the snake any mind looking comfortable and confident as if he knows the snake will completely behave itself. He makes his way to a table where he sets up, the snake slithering up to rest on his shoulders when he seats himself. He smiles at the waitress, asking for a whiskey double - the snake flicking a forked black tongue at the girl.

In many ways this was his re-emergence into the social circles of a city that he had long called home. He enjoys the party atmosphere, even if the music was not particularly to his liking, and he admires the various beautiful people in attendance. His drink arrives and he thanks the waitress, sipping at it gingerly, tipping his hat cordially to any who might look his way.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Tue May 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Animus looks even more out of his element than Joshua, and it's clear that he isn't here by choice. "You two drink if you want; I prefer to keep a clear head."

((Animus has his normal spells active, as he doesn't know Jammer's rules.))
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue May 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Teegan sees Orphan and Val talking to a stormtrooper across the way and she gives a short wave at the two of them. Maybe they know someone here.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Zero waved back at Sinead O'Conner. Maybe he was going to bag a famous lady, after all.

He grabbed a couple of drinks off a passing waitress' tray and gave her a shooing motion when she protested. Handing one to Valkyrie, he downed his in one toss.

Chillin' like a mega villain.

Zilker and Andrade finished dancing with a laugh, and retired to a standing table, where they talked quietly and watched the crowd.

Party at the Rage (open) Rage

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Tue May 26, 2009 11:44 pm

Orphan puts up his hands, palms out, in response to Valkyrie's scolding. "Hey, I didn't say a thing. I don't think abandoning someone meets any kind of standards, but you're right, your gripe with him is yours, and how you deal with him is your business. So, don't worry, I won't get in the middle of anything between you and him. I just want to kick back and get to know some of the other mages of Sacramento."

He notices Teegan's wave and waves back. "I'm going to go talk with Teegan, and then I want to talk to the big guy by the bar. I'll catch you later."

He then goes over by Teegan. "Hey, good to see you here." He gestures around at the crowd. "Have you met any of these people yet?"
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Tue May 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Teegan shakes her head, "No, not yet. Want a beer?" She motions for the bartender again.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 am

Viktor saw a flier somewhere, didn't remember where, but maybe it would loosen him up a little. And of course, it'd be a nice way to meet people. He had been gone for a few months, after all.

He threw on a pair of tight jeans, a wife beater, and a denim jacket with fur lining, and made his way out to the Rage.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Wed May 27, 2009 12:31 am

Val waves Orphan off. She appreciated him and what he's done, but he obviously needed to get out and meet other people in town. Socialize with Teegan at least.

She takes the drink, but doesn't down it right away. She's never been here as a patron, but she's been here for work occasionally, the aftermath of one thing or another. She looks around, and takes it all in. It wasn't too bad. "So, trooper. Is it like this here every night?"
Benjamin
Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 am

"Yeah, sure. Thanks!"

Situations like this were one of the times when Orphan found it useful to look a few years older than his actual age, and if nobody was carding, he sure wasn't going to make an issue of it. He didn't drink very much or very often, finding that if he started drinking on a regular basis, he was reminded too much of unpleasant times past, and he was trying to take seriously the whole body/temple thing. Still, sometimes a couple beers was just the thing to wind down, and he sure could use that.

"Yeah, I don't know hardly anyone either. New to town, all that. Things like this are nice, though. Beats the social life in a lot of places, that's for sure. A lot of the communities, their idea of a laid-back social get-together seems like a debate tournament or, I dunno, a formal dance or something." He looks around again. "This I can get into. Hopefully there will be more of us here." The last comment is accompanied by him gesturing back and forth between Teegan and himself, to indicate their shared Order membership.
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 27, 2009 12:58 am

Starling makes his way over to the table with Zilker and Andrade, brushing the sweat off his brow from the dancing he had just come from. He cleaned up nicely, for anyone bothering to look.

Party at the Rage (open) Paul-walker-picture-1
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Wed May 27, 2009 1:00 am

Teegan passes Orphan one of the beers she ordered, "Yeah, its nice not to be the entertainment for once honestly." She motions to her guitar laying at her feet under the bar."So, did that stormtrooper wave to me? If you know him he should tell him to come over here. I've never got a stormtrooper drunk before." Laughing she tugs the sleeve of Orphan's leather jacket motioning him to follow and then she strides over to Zero, "Hey! Spaceman! Whatcha drinkin'?"
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed May 27, 2009 1:04 am

Ryan just stared at Ollie for a second before shaking his head. "Sorry man. Been a little out of it since hospital." He gave the place a look over just as his drink arrived. Is that Zero? Never would have pinned him as a star wars fanboy...Wait, isn't that the chick from the museum? He looked down at his glass then downed it in two seconds. He was starting to wonder if those drugs they gave him were starting to have side effects.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 1:33 am

"Shots," Zero declared to Sinead. "SHOTS!" he declared to everyone in the club. "Come on," he nudged whatever her name was, that was asking for his number.

Heading to the bar, he motioned for shots of vodka, and looked around with a challenging stare to see who wanted in.

Spying the Hostel HI crew, he pointed at them, and waved his hand for them to come over.

Fuck it, they were friends, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed May 27, 2009 1:41 am

Ollie sits there at the bar looking over at Ryan while he looked around the club. His drink comes but he continues to regard Ryan. Ryan even might notice that Ollie's looking right at him. Any questions during the stare are answered with a distracted "It's cool, man... It's cool..."
Spoiler:
Ollie finally breaks the stare. He looks down at the bar, trying to stifle a big grin. Then Zero makes his call for shots. He thumps Ryan in the arm, grinning at him. "Shots?"

He doesn't wait for Ryan's answer, dismounting his barstool and moving down to where Zero was calling for shots. "Me and the newbie are in." He jabs a thumb in Ryan's direction; Obviously he was the newbie.
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed May 27, 2009 1:55 am

"Uh, sure I guess." Ryan said, though he wasn't sure Ollie caught it. He slid off the barstool and followed his to Zero. It was still weird to see him in a storm trooper outfit. Another confused look streached on his face."Newbie?"
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed May 27, 2009 2:01 am

Ollie rubs his hands together ready for the shot. He doesn't answer Ryan's question about 'Newbie' but he does pull him close, saying to him. "In a little bit we should go burn a joint and you can let me know more about this hospital shit, get me caught up on that book nonsense, ya know? I've also got some stories to tell you about the last few days."

Ollie releases him - clapping his hands, saying loudly: "Let's do this!"
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed May 27, 2009 2:08 am

Breaking personal space there... Ryan though as he listened to Ollie. He just gave him a nod and waited for Zero.
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 am

Teegan holds out a hand to the stormtrooper while they wait for their drinks, "I'm Teegan." She shouts over the music."What about you Spaceman?" If he takes her hand she gives it a strong, stiff shake. When the drinks arrive she throws some bills at the bartender and pounds back two of the Vodka shots.
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 27, 2009 2:56 am

"Oh, Christ," Joshua mutters under his breath as Zero does the point and wave. He didn't know why he was so surprised: of course Zero would be at a party like this. But what the hell was he wearing?
He raises a hand to Zero in silent acknowledgment, and turns back to Animus and Armstrong. "I'll pass on the drinks, too, but you go ahead, Armstrong. Hierarch," he says off-handedly, in case A&A hadn't noticed, nodding towards the table with Starling, Andrade, and Zilker. "Bit surprised to see that crew here."
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by DaevaDude Wed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

"I'm Orphan," Orphan says to Zero, offering his hand to shake. "Nice outfit. I'm more partial to the Jedi, myself."
DaevaDude
DaevaDude

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed May 27, 2009 10:28 am

Shots? These people don't know who they're messing with. Tug motions for his brother to join him as he walks over to the stormtrooper, the bald lady, and the serious-lookin' red headed guy.

"I'm in. My brother, too," pointing at Falx. He took a swig of his beer. "I'm Tug, by the way."
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by roadnottaken Wed May 27, 2009 11:31 am

Animus follows Joshua's gaze toward Andrade's table. "Maybe they're here for the same reasons we are. Or perhaps they like watching mages make fools of themselves." The last statement is accompanied by a glance in Zero's direction.
roadnottaken
roadnottaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 am

Starling wipes a little more sweat off his brow. "I'm getting too old for this. But not too old for shots; how about it Zilker? Still think you can wipe me under the table?"

Viktor gets inside with little trouble, hell he hasn't looked underage in a decade. He grabs a nice import, and makes his way straight to the dance floor, showing off some of his moves.
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 27, 2009 11:54 am

"I'm Zero," he said, shaking Teegan's hand with his shiny white gauntlet. "But I like Spaceman, I may use that!"

Zero takes one of the shots that are beginning to fill the bar around the group, and downs it, slamming the glass upside down on the bar with a exultantly challenging look around.

"Sure," Zilker says, getting up with a smile. "Besides, every contest needs a referee, right?" Following Starling to the bar, he takes a shot and places the glass neatly and quietly on the bar. "No cheating," Zilker says with a smile, waggling his fingers. "Before or after," he adds with a wicked grin.

Spoiler:

(( Anyone wanting to get in on this rolls Stamina + Composure after every shot, with a cumulative -1 per shot after the first. If you only get 1 suxx, you know you're getting tipsy. Failure means you should stop because you're trashed (enjoy the RP). Two failures in a row means you toss your cookies, fall down, whatever, game over. ))

Back to top Go down

Post by jmiland1 Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 am

Joshua watches the gathering group of shot artists. "Well they'll have ample opportunity to see that, then, won't they?" He sighs quietly. He thought briefly about going to speak with the Hierarch, but figured Andrade probably did not want to talk shop at a time like this.
jmiland1
jmiland1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi Wed May 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Starling downs two shots himself, looking just the slightest bit woozy after the second one. "Damn kid, always go for the strongest stuff?" Starling grins at Zilker.

Spoiler:
Lexi
Lexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed May 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Tug won't be outdone by some guy in a costume. He grabs a shot, not bothering to ask what it is, because it won't matter in a few minutes anyway.

"Down the hatch." He smiles at his competition.

Spoiler:

That smile evaporates as whatever he just drank doesn't sit well with the beer and greasy food from earlier. He finds a stool, but misses.

"Uh. Whoops." He grips the bar and raises himself back up.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed May 27, 2009 12:11 pm

((terrible roll : ) ))
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Darksider42 Wed May 27, 2009 12:38 pm

Looking at the line of drinks, Ryan picks one up and downs in. It didn't seem to affect him much as he turned the little glass over and placed it onto the bar.

Spoiler:
Darksider42
Darksider42

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelreth Wed May 27, 2009 1:17 pm

Falx walks over just in time to see his brother almost fall on his face. "Since when did you become a light weight?" He jokes and then looks up. "O, sorry, I'm Falx"
Kelreth
Kelreth

Back to top Go down

Post by Premsyl Wed May 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Ollie drops back a shot, suppressing a shudder. He orders another for Ryan and himself. "Keep em coming."
Spoiler:
Premsyl
Premsyl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosyn Wed May 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Teegan takes he first shot with a grimace.

Spoiler:

Feeling kinda tipsy, the second one goes down easier.

Spoiler:
Rosyn
Rosyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Fractured Wed May 27, 2009 1:41 pm

"What? I'm no lightweight. I just forgot where my ass was at."

Tug hiccups loudly and then takes a second shot, smiling at his brother.

Spoiler:

The big man slowly falls backwards, like a tree after the woodcutter's final blow.

"Oww," he says from the floor, then begins laughing.
Fractured
Fractured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next