Twilight Valley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At the Rage (Open)

Go down

At the Rage (Open) Empty At the Rage (Open)

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 12:42 am

Zero lounged in the Rage. The gel was some bangin' shit. He idly rubbed his arms as he opened his mind to the dilation and contraction of time and his senses. The way his silk t-shirt rubbed against him was a.may.zing..

Shame Cal kicked it.

Was Armstrong ever going to call?

At the Rage (Open) Zerobanner

Back to top Go down

At the Rage (Open) Empty Re: At the Rage (Open)

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 1:20 am

Burtus enters the club, a little peeved at having to wait. He lets his eyes adjust before gazing acorss the party scene, He notes a few interesting ladies, The place has a vibe though so he chances his Sight, forcing his vision to waiver,
Spoiler:
His sight sifts out of focus for a moment but falls back into place as normal. The lights aren't helping any it seems.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 1:26 am

Brutus feels eyes upon him and he finally sees a black man with dreadlocks staring at him from the DJ booth. Once their eyes meet, the man wags his finger and shakes his head from side to side.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 1:48 am

Ha, wha? That guy just, did he? Brutus blinked at the DJ and gulped. He had thought he was sneaky. How did he know? Did he know? He feigned a smile and worked his deeper into the club.

Brutus wanted to be sure but certainly didn't want peeve off a DJ who noticed him using his Sight. Of course Brutus was only guessing that the DJ knew anything, the only way for Brutus to be sure was too, bah...

Brutus spotted an empty seat next to a tripped out lounger rubbing his arms. He wondered for moment what the guy was on, but decided it wouldn't matter after a few drinks of his own.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 9:08 am

"Jammer doesn't like strangers doing that," Zero observed.

"It's really hard to pick up girls when you've got him yelling at you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Yet again someone had noticed him. Maybe Butus should fake it... "I don't know what your talking about and I don't know any Jammer." He gave a passing hottie his best winning smile, Her tag boyfriend along scowled back.

If this lounger knew about magic, he had to be a wizard like him. Or maybe like Stella back in L.A. with the fire and the force shields?
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm

"Jammer's in the booth, it's his place," Zero responded, with a slight eyeroll.

He turned back to watch the dance. Must be a fresh-out-of-the-academy Guardian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 3:27 pm

So, Jammer owns this place. "That makes him pretty Important. Do you know anything more about him?" Brutus hoped the lounger would help. He needed to make contact with somebody. Form a base of operations and all that jazz.

He could go it alone. Do it all, get the notice he needed and sit back to relax in his own victory. Victory tasted really sweet. He was a Wizard after all. King of the world.
Of course he first needed info, a place to start. If this lounger was a mage too, maybe he knew more about the city?
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 5:35 pm

Zero knew a lot about Jammer -- but it was stuff that any Consilium Mage and Rage frequenter who lived in the city for several years might know, so it was pretty worthless information.

Zero needed something worthwhile to share.

"He can roll a joint with one hand," he offered, staring at the lights articulating overhead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 6:01 pm

Brutus snickered at the joke, "Haha, nice just, wait your serious?" He wasn't sure if Zero was kiding or not. Joint rolling techinque wasn't helpful information at all. Screw cover. "Look, I'm new around here, I come from L.A. I'm supposed to..., you really are high as a kite aren't you?"
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm

"No," Zero replied, still staring at the lights. "Please. Tripping is the proper parlance. And, yes, of course I was serious about Jammer."

"Cool, huh?"

At least someone else appreciated that talent of Jamz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 6:32 pm

"That is kind of cool actually, no wait. How did you no what I was doing by the door?" Brutus demanded. It still bugged him. No one else ever saw him doing it, well no one but his commander back at the Gym.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 6:37 pm

"I was looking at Jammer, and looked where he looked," shrugged Zero. "Very Secret Squirrel."

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Tue May 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Brutus grinned, he kinda like this guy. He glanced about him and saw no one who appeared to be listening And with the music pumping he doubted he would be heard. "Look, I'm new in town. Do you anyone I should talk to about, you know, magic?' Commander had said keep the whole Wizard thing under wraps and the commander was a scary guy. "Anyone important. Is Jammer a guy like that?"
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 6:51 pm

"Sure," said Zero, "he's plenty important if you run dry or need a bong buddy."

He fishes a pen out of his pocket and writes a number on a napkin.

"Yeah, try calling Josh. His actual name is Joshua, be he likes being called 'G.I. Joe'," Zero said, passing the napkin over. "Don't forget -- he gets pissy if you call him Josh or Joshua."

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed May 20, 2009 12:49 am

"Really now?" Mages took the whole name thing seriously it seemed. Brutus took the napkin and whipped out his phone. As he saved the number under GIJoe he attempted some conversation.
"So what do you do in town? Anything interesting?" Brutus is genuinely interested.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 12:58 am

"Hang out here, look at refrigerators, the usual," Zero answered. "How about you?"d

Maybe he needed to figure out what clubs Phrymides hung out at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 am

Brutus wonders if it would be smart to tell him the truth.But who cared? He's tripping, he will likely forget everything by tomorrow. "I'm on assignment. Was asked to check on the status of this city." He looks about the Rage again before turning back to Zero. "I'm Brutus by that way." The cute girl passes by again, this time alone. Interesting.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 12:10 pm

"Cool, on assignment," Zero repeated. "How... double oh seven. Do you have an awesome car?"

Zero watched the girl walk by as well.

"Dibs," he quickly said.

He was fucked up, but not that fucked up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed May 20, 2009 1:36 pm

"In your dreams pal." Brutus thought of the girl, in his new apartment, then Stella calls him and.. Crap. "You want something from the bar?" Brutus changes the subject. A beer or martini could do that. He stands up from were he is sitting and waits for Zero's reply.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 4:35 pm

"A kir would be nice," Zero replied. "Thanks."

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed May 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Brutus departs with a nod of understanding. He grabs the bartender's attention and is soon back with two drinhks. He hands one of the Kirs to Zero and asks "Whats your name then? You never told me." He sits down again and takes a sip of his drink. Cocktails weren't very manly, but I was willing to try anything new to make a friend. Almost anything.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 5:54 pm

"You can call me Animus," Zero replied, sipping the blackberry flavored champagne.

mmmm-mmmmmmmm

"You staying long?" he asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed May 20, 2009 6:18 pm

"Yeah, at least until my commander calls me back. They went to the trouble of getting me a house and everything. I suspect I'll be in town for a while." He took another sip. this tasted pretty good actually. "What about you Animus, Are you over at Sac U?" Maybe he should take down Animus' number too, just in case.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 pm

Damn, this guy was good.

Had he seen him at Tracy's? Or at Dan's, getting his dime bag? Maybe it was the pills at Stephanie's. Narcy bitch. Time to roll.

"Yeah, I'm over at Sac U," Zero replied. "Hey, wait here a second, OK?"

Zero gets up and takes the kir over to the girl that walked by earlier, offering it to her, and is soon engrossed in conversation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Wed May 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Zero leaves and Brutus glances about unsure what to do. This conversation had clearly ended. Hewonders if he should talk to the DJ Jammer guy. But doubts it would do him any good. He wonders over to the bar to finish his drink. The more he tasted the wine the less he liked it.
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 am

~~Narration~~

About fifteen minutes pass, and Brutus sees Zero leaving with the young woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khalvin Thu May 21, 2009 2:25 pm

With a sigh, Brutus orders another drink, and another. As time passes he decides to head home, or his new home. He pays with tip and heads out the door.
He wraps his coat tighter around himself and works the trick Red taught back at the gym. It wouldn't be fair for a Wizard to die in a car accident. He feels the energy pool in his gut and moves his left hand as if he was unzipping a rain jacket. But the spell falters with a splash. The energy begins swirl uncomfortably in his stomach.

Spoiler:

Brutus curses and fumbles with his keys before getting into his old Torus. He would try again on the way home when the swirling stopped and he could concentrate better. He starts the car and heads home. Driving slow to be cautious.

(Cool I got to practise useing magic and got a number for contact.)
Khalvin
Khalvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down